Hardmode Denova Last Boss - Bug?

My guild and I are doing Kephess on hardmode and have been experiencing issues with how to survive Kephess' empowerment (Gift of the Masters) after today's patch (24/04/2012).

When he reaches 65%, he is empowered and the raid is pulled into the middle of his purple aoe.

Our response to this was to immediately leave the purple circle but even when we have left the circle we all drop dead after taking approx 20-30K Damage each.

What have me missed? ::wea_03:

Edited by Its_Delusion

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have the raid stack on the boss right before he does the aoe pull (he does this at 60% after he's done doing whatever atction he's doing, so it might be 60% it might be 59/8/7%), so there's less air travel time and people can start running earlier.

also, everyone should be saving their medpacs for this. consulars/inquisitors should speed boost and pull people out of it, jk's / warriors should leap to whoever is speed boosting out and popping their health boost, (if focus specced, save a zealous leap to use on the boss right before the pull so you have a speed boost), and sentinels/marauders should use their raid-wide speed boost.

this only occurs once, so everyone should have their cd's and medpacs saved specifically for this moment. there's no more aoe damage for the rest of the fight following this, so just, survive this and healers can focus on the tanks.

We had this same issue last night on 8 man hard mode. As a sorcerer I sprinted and was well outside of the blue circle yet continued to take massive damage along with the rest of the group. It was our first time doing the fight, so I was not sure if there was a mechanic where if one person lagged behind inside the circle it somehow triggered massive aoe that hit you no matter where you were standing.

My OPS group had the same issue last night too, 8 man hard mode. When the group was pulled in, we would use the 80% marauder speed boost and the clothies were still not able to get out. The damage extended far beyond the edge of the circle too. The heavy armor people could make it out with cds, but the med/light armor were saying the took 25k or more damage while running. Edited by Ackk

Just to add some more clarification to the issue, the AOE range of the damage spell is larger than the graphics it puts down on the floor by a good bit. Not sure if it's a bug or intentional.

If you just get a good 15 yards away from the outter edge of the graphic, you're fine.

Just to add some more clarification to the issue, the AOE range of the damage spell is larger than the graphics it puts down on the floor by a good bit. Not sure if it's a bug or intentional.

If you just get a good 15 yards away from the outter edge of the graphic, you're fine.

Have you tried this since the patch this Tuesday?

Have you tried this since the patch this Tuesday?

Everyone posting in this thread is talking about since the patch on Tuesday. Our 8 man ops group has also been having a problem with this glitch on hard mode. Hopefully it gets fixed soon because right now, it is impossible for our clothies to survive.

Edited by jacengotpwned