Synthweaving Mod Question

Kalin_Orran

As a roleplayer, the ability to pick and choose what my character wears while also still being able to preform in that roleplay gear is AMAZING in ToR!

This said, I'm currently playing a Sith Sorcerer and I've begun working on Synthweaving to get some nice looking items I can mod as I go.

On ToRHead.com it lists many of the early craftable items with having the full mod slots, however, in game, I don't see them on the armor. Is there some type of mistake?

I don't want to take Synthweaving if it's not going to help me craft fully modded clothes.

Thanks for any and all help you can provide!

The synthweaving orange items do not start with mods in them. you have to buy them or transfer them from other pieces.

I understand that. What I'm asking is does Synthweaving allow me to make the item TO BE modded. Because currently, I'm only crafting unmoddable junk or items with one mod slot in them. ><

I understand that. What I'm asking is does Synthweaving allow me to make the item TO BE modded. Because currently, I'm only crafting unmoddable junk or items with one mod slot in them. ><

You get mod slots when you "crit" an item, and so far its happened on green/blue/purple items for me. Its not very often, but I wonder if companion affection rating alters the chance to crit.

However the only mod slots Ive had are "Augment" slots, and I have been unable to find any of those types of mods(others wont work, I tried) so far. Level 40. Perhaps therye something Cybertech makes, idk.

You get mod slots when you "crit" an item, and so far its happened on green/blue/purple items for me. Its not very often, but I wonder if companion affection rating alters the chance to crit.

However the only mod slots Ive had are "Augment" slots, and I have been unable to find any of those types of mods(others wont work, I tried) so far. Level 40. Perhaps therye something Cybertech makes, idk.

slicer can "mission" them.

As a roleplayer, the ability to pick and choose what my character wears while also still being able to preform in that roleplay gear is AMAZING in ToR!

This said, I'm currently playing a Sith Sorcerer and I've begun working on Synthweaving to get some nice looking items I can mod as I go.

On ToRHead.com it lists many of the early craftable items with having the full mod slots, however, in game, I don't see them on the armor. Is there some type of mistake?

I don't want to take Synthweaving if it's not going to help me craft fully modded clothes.

Thanks for any and all help you can provide!

Be aware of a few things...

first of all most of gear you make isn't modable, at all and few patterns are modable are pretty darn rare in general. That said a more pressing issue i think you need to be FULLY aware of before get deep into syntheweave like i have and that is...

Epic gear has the armoring mod locked into it, this basically means that is no viable way to get armoring mods you need to make your custum gear epic quality. As far as i have seen no indication that are any mods are raid quality i have heard may be able to farm raids for armoring mods, but as for pvp your screwed because no way to get those mods at all. Basically all lvl 50 gear going to have to wear that over yoru nice shiney modded gear because no way at present to get the armoring mods.

Effectively... modding system fails at its basic main point and we will end up clones end game.