Czerka Hasn't Been Taken Over?

sturge

On a CZ moon (forgot numbers) there are daily missions and flashpoints on a Czerka lab and codex entries talk about a takeover. But on the 6.0 Onslaught update it includes an operation on a Czerka lab on Dxun.

So can anybody explain or a member of the team explain or confirm a codex entry will be included that explains what has happened? I thought Czerka Corp was torn down and got taken over.

I checked out the Dxun Op on the PTS, so I know the answer to this question. I’ll put the full explanation below in spoiler tags.

So on Dxun, you’re not actually cleaning up the mess of Czerka Corporation. You’re actually working on behalf of Czerka Interstellar. If they sound familiar, we are assured by Czerka that the alike names are total coincidence! You see, following the Republic’s acquisition of Czerka (and, very importantly, Czerka’s many debts) and the CZ-198 fiasco, executive and scientific staff at Czerka Corporation decided to exercise their liberty to resign from their company. That staff then decided to further exercise their liberty to create an all-new firm: Czerka Interstellar! Which, again, has absolutely nothing to do with Czerka Corporation. That firm is totally Republic property.