Maintenance: 28 March 2017

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

We will be taking the servers offline on March 28th in order to perform back end updates. As there are no client-side changes, there won’t be a version number or download associated with this maintenance.

Details:

DATE: 28 March 2017

TIME: 4:00 AM PDT / 11:00 GMT - 9:00 AM PDT / 16:00 GMT

VERSION: N/A

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

Really appreciate letting us know ahead of time that the updates are coming. Do have one request though, can it stick to the forums and off the launcher until at least Monday? Or at least make the notice not so much in the way? Have never understood why it was there in the first place actually.

Really appreciate letting us know ahead of time that the updates are coming. Do have one request though, can it stick to the forums and off the launcher until at least Monday? Or at least make the notice not so much in the way? Have never understood why it was there in the first place actually.

Before it was there, multiple complaints were made on these forums by people stating they were not aware of upcoming maintenance.

inb4 someone asks for patch notes.

Seems to be a lot of back end work going on lately. Prepping for server merges I hope.

Servers need maintenance regularly. As far as preparations, well, there is 5.2 coming in two weeks so it might also be in preparation of that. A new explorable area, the first boss in a new ops, major changes to endgame gearing, something new for pvp, etc.

All in all it looks like 5.2 is a patch meant to stabilise the population and salvage what can be salvaged from the 5.0 debacle. I hope it will be successful but that's another topic.

There is also the point that they've made a lot of changes already since 5.0 and that may cause some backend issues as well.

As for server merges. Well, it may be on the horizon. I don't know, but I sure hope that if it comes to merges that people will get ample warning so they can prepare themselves.

You never understood why they made announcements on the Launcher??? You can't be serious...right? :confused:

It can pop up for a week straight...I'm thrilled they announce it there. There's literally no better place for it to be announced.

You never understood why they made announcements on the Launcher??? You can't be serious...right? :confused:

It can pop up for a week straight...I'm thrilled they announce it there. There's literally no better place for it to be announced.

me too....you just can't miss it...lol

Yes, EU still down. Maintenance was scheduled until 1600GMT, then delayed to 1700GMT. It's 1725GMT right now and EU's still not up. What/when/why?

SWTOR is Dead!

If this happened in WoW the Forums would explode, but here nothing.

Thank you BW for destroying this formerly great game.

Yes, EU still down. Maintenance was scheduled until 1600GMT, then delayed to 1700GMT. It's 1725GMT right now and EU's still not up. What/when/why?

OMG folks and an extra 1hr and 25mins server downtime for EU!!.. that's it the SKY IS FALLING and life as we know it will be forever damaged.

#DOOOOOM101.

Seriously, some people just need to pull open the curtains, take a walk, sniff the flowers and chase the butterflies a whiles - life does go on away from your keyboard and monitor, honestly it does!

OMG folks and an extra 1hr and 25mins server downtime for EU!!.. that's it the SKY IS FALLING and life as we know it will be forever damaged.

#DOOOOOM101.

Seriously, some people just need to pull open the curtains, take a walk, sniff the flowers and chase the butterflies a whiles - life does go on away from your keyboard and monitor, honestly it does!

And some people need to get out of their parent's basement and realize that other people may be working during the day and set time aside for this, or arrange their schedules to play with other people. Besides, this ALWAYS happens since it's all scheduled so the precious US crowd isn't inconvenienced, since BW doesn't know how to reboot their damned servers in stages.

And some people need to get out of their parent's basement and realize that other people may be working during the day and set time aside for this, or arrange their schedules to play with other people. Besides, this ALWAYS happens since it's all scheduled so the precious US crowd isn't inconvenienced, since BW doesn't know how to reboot their damned servers in stages.

This is a US game, rest of the world does not matter at all.

Besides there are only 2 servers which have healthy population, Harbringer (US) and Red Eclipse (EU), its only about 1000 players world wide that actively play this TorTanic now.

I am suprised that they still keep the other servers running with no players.

Besides there are only 2 servers which have healthy population, Harbringer (US) and Red Eclipse (EU), its only about 1000 players world wide that actively play this TorTanic now.

Would love to know where you got your numbers or did you pull them outta your bum?

1000 players worldwide... gees that'll cover just about the coffee bill for a month, no wonder they have had to turn the game into SWTCM (Star Wars the Cartel Market) :D

Would love to see your source for those numbers.. or are you taking science fiction to a whole new level of conspiracy theory?

Edited by Bloodstealer

Lame attempt at trolling, 0/10. Try again.

Ill just leave all the numbers out of it since i havent a clue on what the pops look like on the EU servers. What is fact is swtor is a US based game. With that being said, you just need to accept that server reboots will be more inline to favor US players and their peak times over anybody else. Its the internet folks.....when you mix the internet in with human interactions....and when something goes awry......somebody is going to get angry at one point or another.