Power for Powers sake?

Kheldyn

Greetings,

I'm currently playing a Shadow Kinetic Tank, a bit of a skank tank, and keep coming up with one question of when is too much power too much (currently mine is over 1300). I looked at the ideal stats which suggest you only need 910 Power, but when i ask people in game the answers vary from "Scotty, I need more power..." to others going "whatever works" or "Hellifiknow, i don't play tanks".

Thanks in advance

I'm a long time player, but don't tank too much. But from what I understand, tank gear comes with WAYYYYYY too much Defense baked in. Therefore it's very worthwhile to replace defense with more power & endurance.

On Smarty's spreadsheet, he lists 2654 power and 1886 defense for Shadow tanks, assuming full 248 gear and 240 augs.

IIRC, anything over 1800 - 2000 defense is quite wasted as it gives a diminishing benefit. Power, however, stacks infinitely. Power means more damage, which in turn means higher threat against mobs and bosses.

PS - I'm giving you very basic info. I'm sure someone else could explain better.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Greetings,

I'm currently playing a Shadow Kinetic Tank, a bit of a skank tank, and keep coming up with one question of when is too much power too much (currently mine is over 1300). I looked at the ideal stats which suggest you only need 910 Power, but when i ask people in game the answers vary from "Scotty, I need more power..." to others going "whatever works" or "Hellifiknow, i don't play tanks".

Thanks in advance

Need more information:

Are you running pvp or pve?

For pve: you need at least shield/absorb mods, enhancements, augments, ear, and implants. Ideally 246 crafted (to drop def for endurance while keeping shield and absorb).

For pvp, you can skank in several methods

Thanks for the information, it really helps, as too pve/pvp, i'm mainly doing pve (weeklies, dailies, and vet flashpoints) at the moment, but want to get into doing warzones and ops once i'm geared up.

For pve you definitely want to gear shield and absorb. Either lethal or warding b mods (i do lethal b personally, on all my tanks), and most run dps relics too (i do the crafted ones with endurance, personally).

For pvp you can use the same set, or go for high endurance dps, or pure dps, 100% preference (with a small tradeoff in survivability for damage at each stage).