Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ideal Tank Stats

KeyboardNinja
08.17.2015 , 04:01 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Powerinfusion View Post
If this is referring to my "fight" against KBN/Methoxa about how they sort of attacked Xissc on his point about mitigation vs. avoidance, let me make perfectly clear that I have the utmost respect for the work and contributions KBN has made to the SWTOR community with these optimal tank stats posts (and everything else) from day one. I have referred countless numbers of tanks both in-guild and in gen chat on two different servers to this thread (and the one BW blew up) when asked about optimal stat distributions. I do want to apologize for the "mathematica" shot - that was uncalled for.
:-) I didn't take offense at any of it. I've been called enough names on the forums over the years that it takes a fair bit now to get me truly upset. I think the discussion (re: relics) is very worthwhile, because the value of the Reactive Warding relic is counter-intuitive and probably always will be.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

December 13, 2011 to January 30, 2017

UberSamoyed
08.17.2015 , 04:44 PM | #102
Absolutely no reference to your "fight." It's an old saying from my favorite law prof when explaining the value of seemingly minor civil procedural objections. In short, even the smallest victories can add up to a major battle won. In application to KBN's post, adding mitigation...however small...can add up and provide unforeseen benefits down the road. I apologize if it was taken any other way. It certainly wasn't my intention.
Psy-Ops
Uberghost the Revanchist

The Harbinger

Powerinfusion
08.17.2015 , 07:24 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by UberSamoyed View Post
Absolutely no reference to your "fight." It's an old saying from my favorite law prof when explaining the value of seemingly minor civil procedural objections. In short, even the smallest victories can add up to a major battle won. In application to KBN's post, adding mitigation...however small...can add up and provide unforeseen benefits down the road. I apologize if it was taken any other way. It certainly wasn't my intention.
No reason to apologize, I do appreciate it though. I can be pretty paranoid about these things, as (is the case in RL as well) I can be generally unpopular due to an extremely sharp tongue combined with a high propensity to get p'o-d. They say the pen is mightier than the sword... well, I've drawn well more than my fair share of blood over the years.

KBN, (sorry to hijack thread) I am definitely interested in your thoughts about crit and surge in the discussion about TK sage dps here http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=814982&page=4 if you get a chance.

Torvai
09.13.2015 , 11:54 PM | #104
Maybe it has been covered already(I'm too lazy to check ), but just out of curiosity how much would dtps increase if you're using the complete opposite of what's BiS for any given fight? Basically, by how much would my damage taken increase if I'd use high M/R profile for a low M/R boss?

KeyboardNinja
09.14.2015 , 11:20 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Torvai View Post
Maybe it has been covered already(I'm too lazy to check ), but just out of curiosity how much would dtps increase if you're using the complete opposite of what's BiS for any given fight? Basically, by how much would my damage taken increase if I'd use high M/R profile for a low M/R boss?
This is one of those things that I'd like to be able to easily calculate and show alongside the stats. Generally speaking, tank itemization can make a difference of about five-ish percent on average content, and 7-8% on more extreme damage profiles. This is multiplicative with the post-mitigation DtPS (i.e. what you see in your logs if your group doesn't have a sorc healer). So, for example, going completely counter to the recommended numbers on Torque should yield a DtPS increase of about 150. Noticeable, but not earth shattering.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

December 13, 2011 to January 30, 2017

Torvai
09.15.2015 , 12:23 AM | #106
As always, thanks for the info KBN

Torvai
09.17.2015 , 02:24 AM | #107
Another question if you don't mind.
If it's true that there won't be individual mainstats with 4.0, would it be possible to create an "average for all classes" distribution profile? So the really lazy tanks like myself can just use one legacy armor set for all tank classes?

Ryuku-sama
09.17.2015 , 10:39 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Torvai View Post
Another question if you don't mind.
If it's true that there won't be individual mainstats with 4.0, would it be possible to create an "average for all classes" distribution profile? So the really lazy tanks like myself can just use one legacy armor set for all tank classes?
What wuld you do for set boni???? You gotta have a set for each set bonus anyway.
"If it wasn't broken, we shall break it. If it is balanced, we shall beat it until slow and painful death follows. If it is overpowered, it is working as intended." - Bioware 2015

Torvai
09.17.2015 , 02:34 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryuku-sama View Post
What wuld you do for set boni???? You gotta have a set for each set bonus anyway.
How important are they really? I mean, if you compare 198 BiS gear without Set to 192 gear with.... And for alt runs it'll be good enough either way

Aderes
09.21.2015 , 01:04 PM | #110
Just wanted to say ... thanks for this!
(‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾[|][‾/‾/‾/‾/][)