Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Forced to dance

Sarova
07.21.2019 , 08:26 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
#FirstGalaxyProblems.
Stealing...
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - Make it Happen || Quinn Treatsô
Allow us to Buy Multiples of the same Stronghold
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

Cerixy
07.21.2019 , 10:53 AM | #22
The party bomb ain't that bad tbh, the worse troll device I ever saw was back in the early days of Star Trek Online, you could get hit with a freeze granade and it would freeze you in a block of ice for a few seconds... but a huge problem until you had 5 peole hitting you one after another..... hame with the party popper things, those can still be a pain in the backside there.

JediQuaker
07.21.2019 , 11:04 AM | #23
Being annoyed by some ****** is never a good thing, but being forced to "dance" hardly seems something to bother about. It's not like you actually, physically get tired.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Pirana
07.21.2019 , 11:48 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerixy View Post
The party bomb ain't that bad tbh, the worse troll device I ever saw was back in the early days of Star Trek Online, you could get hit with a freeze granade and it would freeze you in a block of ice for a few seconds... but a huge problem until you had 5 peole hitting you one after another..... hame with the party popper things, those can still be a pain in the backside there.
In SWG the Medics had an ability called 'Stasis', two of them actually, one for yourself and one for another group member. The ability if I remember correctly made the person it was used on immobile and immune to damage for a brief time. We always had one of the Medics in the group that would intentionally use it on a group member while cruising through their Heroics, similar to FP's here. I always thought it was funny. Someone busts out a dance emote here, I throw down the Clubdance emote.

Regarding the original post, have fun with it. If people know they're getting under your skin, they'll continue. And if they persist, file a ticket.

The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

AscendingSky
07.21.2019 , 01:08 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
In other words you have a dance troll? So yeah, that sucks. Iíve never come across one of these before.
RPer here, this sort of trolling is extremely common. It's one of the most used tactics of those people with no lives who harass RPers interacting in public areas like the Fleet. Party bombs, /rally, sitting on top of groups with giant mounts, spammable AoE attacks with big animations like Force Storm, spamming built in emotes that get around /ignore so they can make the chat scroll too fast to read... like I said, these sad people have no lives, so they come up with all kinds of ways to bother others to get their jollies.

Best way to deal with stuff like Party Bomb trolling is to use certain emotes that fix you in a set pose or small animation loop. This prevents your toon from dancing. I'm fond of /map myself for this purpose.
#FixConquest
"RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!" -- Ben Irving, Former SWTOR Lead Producer
Vote With Your Wallet - Boycott Cartel Packs!

Chaoslordfox
07.21.2019 , 01:41 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
I agree. In 7th grade they lined us up in two rows in the gym and we had to dance a Virginia reel, and then made us square dance.

Hated every moment of it.
This made me chuckle.
Welcome to the realm of chaos and destruction

Toraak
07.21.2019 , 01:52 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Savej View Post
Someone decides they want me to dance in a non-combat area, they can make me do it. No consent. How is that cool?
I always just get on a mount whenever someone pulls out the party bomb. You don't dance when mounted from what I've noticed.

And yes not everyone enjoys those stupid things.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

IoNonSoEVero
07.21.2019 , 02:31 PM | #28
It's probably a good argument for a recipient cooldown on those social abilities, ie, if you hit someone with a party bomb or force them to dance, they can't be hit with the same thing again for five minutes. Or let people buy a 'vaccine' like the rakghoul vaccine they can apply so they're immune to those effects.

MorseGod
07.21.2019 , 02:34 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
It's probably a good argument for a recipient cooldown on those social abilities, ie, if you hit someone with a party bomb or force them to dance, they can't be hit with the same thing again for five minutes. Or let people buy a 'vaccine' like the rakghoul vaccine they can apply so they're immune to those effects.
Party Vaccine

Grants immunity to fun.
Guildmaster, Help (Star Forge)
Was this post helpful? Please click my referral link.

Darev
07.21.2019 , 02:51 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by MorseGod View Post
Party Vaccine

Grants immunity to fun.
If it worked on snowballs I'd be up for this.