Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ranged companions fixed!!!

Mulzz
07.16.2019 , 11:11 AM | #1
Finally my life has meaning again. Time to buy a 1 year sub.
Want free things? Use my referal link:
http://www.swtor.com/r/5Y69CX
You will receive helpful in-game items and 7 days of subscription whereas I will receive Cartel Coins in vast quantities.

FlameYOL
07.16.2019 , 08:57 PM | #2
It's a miracle!
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Pirana
07.16.2019 , 09:15 PM | #3
This was a much needed fix. I only noticed it a few days back. I typically use melee comps for leveling and just aoe the adds down. This time around I used a ranged comp and wow... comps getting stuck behind walls, them not following you and then the real kicker, the ranged comp is standing right next to me and decides to stop firing... ooook! There's plenty of workarounds, put them on passive, then attack, etc.. but considering the comp is an extension of your character, this was needed. And before some yahoo chimes in and mentions leveling is easy, that's not the point. Good fix.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

fahdashq
07.16.2019 , 09:16 PM | #4
Stupid fix imo. Ranged comps were nice to have when you needed the companion to stay in 1 spot and do it's job, now it's another comp that you have to micro manage to keep alive in those situations otherwise it just runs out and dies like melee comps.

TrixxieTriss
07.16.2019 , 10:04 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by fahdashq View Post
Stupid fix imo. Ranged comps were nice to have when you needed the companion to stay in 1 spot and do it's job, now it's another comp that you have to micro manage to keep alive in those situations otherwise it just runs out and dies like melee comps.
Just can’t please some people

Rolodome
07.17.2019 , 01:12 AM | #6
I don't see how the bug made them more survivable. Maybe if you got lucky in placing them right. It sounds like what you want is a Stay command, which is, I think, a reasonable feature to ask for. Bugged movement ain't the answer though.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

FlameYOL
07.17.2019 , 08:18 AM | #7
You also had to micro-manage them since they wouldn't move which made some encounters quite pesky.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Mubrak
07.17.2019 , 08:19 AM | #8
Yeah. Finally ranged companions can be used again in content where you need the healing or extra dps. Even when just doing dailies they were just useless, but hey we complained that that content was too easy, didn't we? Not only that combat is fixed, the comps follow close by again, so we can hear their occasional comments to certain areas.

A great fix, even if it took a bit too long to implement. Now please make sure the fix also finds its way into the 6.0 build.
Let us sort our companion list and hide or kick out the unwanted ones!

http://www.swtor.com/r/rszTdG

AronisContar
07.17.2019 , 08:54 AM | #9
The main problem I think is that the companions always try to stay in range of enemies now.

This is fine for damage and tank stances, but for healing it really isn't great - the companion should try to stay in range of his healing target(s), and not run off into the mobs to be slaughtered.

Maybe in a year or so they'll manage to fix that...

Ciao, Aronis!

Phazonfreak
07.17.2019 , 09:20 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by AronisContar View Post
The main problem I think is that the companions always try to stay in range of enemies now.

This is fine for damage and tank stances, but for healing it really isn't great - the companion should try to stay in range of his healing target(s), and not run off into the mobs to be slaughtered.

Maybe in a year or so they'll manage to fix that...

Ciao, Aronis!
There is nothing to be fixed because it is by design that healers try to stay in range of the enemies and deal damage to them in between throwing their heals around. I appreciate that my healing comps dont just stand there but take down low health enemies while I am busy with someone else.