Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Forced to dance

IoNonSoEVero
07.21.2019 , 03:06 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by MorseGod View Post
Party Vaccine

Grants immunity to fun.
Eh, what's fun to one person is annoying to another. I don't get irritated by the nonsense on the fleet, I just ignore it and get in and out of there quickly, but I've had people spam me with glitter/confetti/snowballs in combat areas, and that IS distracting. During the Life Day season I'd definitely use a vaccine when not on the Promenade.

Daynna
07.21.2019 , 03:24 PM | #32
Party Vaccine

Grants immunity to fun.
Name it the Ebenezer Scrooge vaccine.

AscendingSky
07.21.2019 , 03:53 PM | #33
Party Vaccine

Grants immunity to fun.
Quote: Originally Posted by Daynna View Post
Name it the Ebenezer Scrooge vaccine.
How would you like it if someone constantly interfered with YOUR fun by taking control of your toon away from you? How would you like it if while you were trying to do PvE or PvP content, someone could come up and stun your toon without you being able to do ANYTHING about it, and also make you incapable of resuming control for HOURS on end if they got multiple people involved in harassing you? That's how roleplayers feel. We're being harassed by jerks every single day we dare to RP in a public space. Many RPers refuse to even play outside of private strongholds anymore for that reason. Party Bomb trolling is not "fun" any more than hacking in PvP is "fun". Try to think of others for a change instead of only yourselves.
#FixConquest
"RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!" -- Ben Irving, Former SWTOR Lead Producer
Vote With Your Wallet - Boycott Cartel Packs!

QuinlanSaathis
07.21.2019 , 05:03 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by AscendingSky View Post
How would you like it if someone constantly interfered with YOUR fun by taking control of your toon away from you? How would you like it if while you were trying to do PvE or PvP content, someone could come up and stun your toon without you being able to do ANYTHING about it, and also make you incapable of resuming control for HOURS on end if they got multiple people involved in harassing you? That's how roleplayers feel. We're being harassed by jerks every single day we dare to RP in a public space. Many RPers refuse to even play outside of private strongholds anymore for that reason. Party Bomb trolling is not "fun" any more than hacking in PvP is "fun". Try to think of others for a change instead of only yourselves.
100% agree no one should be able to extert control like this
Glitter, dancing, rakghoul infection....
All of it needs to be have a FREE way for us to opt-out

Pirana
07.21.2019 , 06:41 PM | #35
I've never understood why people harass role players, other than some sort of inferiority complex or they don't get enough attention in real life. I don't RP myself, but I see absolutely nothing wrong with it, let people play their game the way they want to. Almost always the RP I've witnessed is in 'Chat', not 'General Chat', so what's the issue? Move along if you don't like it, or alter your chat settings so you don't have to read it. Too much ignorance in the world. One of the many mistakes EAWare made was removing the RP servers, they should have at least kept one up for people that enjoy it, and not have to worry about being harassed.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

DenariusJay
07.21.2019 , 07:40 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Savej View Post
Someone decides they want me to dance in a non-combat area, they can make me do it. No consent. How is that cool?
Damn bro you WOKE AF!
server: The Hot Prospect (10/4/2017 #NEVERFORGET)
Characters: Billie Eilish/Jessica Alba/Olivia Munn / Rashida Jones / Alicia Keys / Colin Kaepernick

TrixxieTriss
07.21.2019 , 08:48 PM | #37
Party Vaccine

Grants immunity to fun.
LoL, that’s awesome. Can I get one for real life too please

Sinhammer
07.21.2019 , 08:51 PM | #38
The real problem with the dance items is people bullying the RPers with them. I've seen Party Bombs thrown onto groups of RPers multiple times. I don't care if you don't understand or don't like RP, there's no reason to ruin another person's gameplay by being an idiot. And this is coming from someone who is not an RPer.

Also: in before someone says "herp derp maybe throwing Party Bombs is part of that person's RP".
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.
----Darth Wolfhammer Hellstorm of Star Forge----

TrixxieTriss
07.21.2019 , 08:52 PM | #39
Best way to deal with stuff like Party Bomb trolling is to use certain emotes that fix you in a set pose or small animation loop. This prevents your toon from dancing. I'm fond of /map myself for this purpose.
I always hate that particular dance from the party bomb. So I emote one of my own ones and out dance them all. (I’ve collected every dance emote). If I ever create a male toon, I think I’ll call him Kevin Bacon.

kodrac
07.22.2019 , 07:36 AM | #40
Oh the outrage...
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
I’d find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.