versatility of LFG tool is a huge disappointment

jsdcaedus

if you lose a member to a DC or other issue, you cannot invite a willing guildie, you can only get new pugs through lfg, which apparently also will reset whatever FP you are doing. thanks for the waste of time, group finder.

• Dev Post
Thanks for the report - we are aware of an issue right now that causes this. If you leave the queue after seeking a replacement (which you may have done to attempt to invite a guildmate), you are only able to enter the queue for a "new" group, which will reset the content. This is a known issue and we'll be working to address it!

This never happened on the PTS when I used it. Please submit an in-game bug report rather than spray paint the city walls with it. If it's real then that's the fastest way to get their attention.

looks like i got someone's attention. you're not a dev. don't tell me how to resolve my issues. forum posts get rolling and devs see the large number responses and quite possibly take them more seriously than the in-game tickets, which are probably swamped with noobs asking questions they could answer themselves if they used google :p

looks like i got someone's attention. you're not a dev. don't tell me how to resolve my issues. forum posts get rolling and devs see the large number responses and quite possibly take them more seriously than the in-game tickets, which are probably swamped with noobs asking questions they could answer themselves if they used google :p

He's trying to help you out, smart guy. You'll get a more detailed reponse that way.

He's trying to help you out, smart guy. You'll get a more detailed reponse that way.

Yeah we ALL know the level of detail there - "Im droid XXX-YYY, thanks for your report its forwarded. I don't care if you want to continue and ask/say something else. So im going to close this ticket. Go away now!"

You mean this kind of copy/paste detailed?

Edited by SnkByte

You got a community rep's (not a dev's) attention that told you they already knew about it. That hardly validates your post and in no way undermines the DEV's request that you submit bug tickets rather than QQing on the forums. :rolleyes:

Yeah we ALL know the level of detail there - "Im droid XXX-YYY, thanks for your report its forwarded. I don't care if you want to continue and ask/say something else. So im going to close this ticket. Go away now!"

You mean this kind of copy/paste detailed?

There is a difference between CS tickets and bug reports. Submit a bug report to CS and that's the response you get. Be glad, they are submitting the bug report you were obviously not capable of doing yourself and letting you know they forwarded it on. They could just forward it, delete your ticket and be done with it like most other MMOs.

If this was a known problem going into today then why not tells us so we can avoid it? I don't get letting us fall into these situations when you can help us avoid these? Love to see us fail much? Why not update the patch notes now so people that start to play later on see this and know to avoid it?

Hapes

Edited by Hapes

OFF topic

There is a difference between CS tickets and bug reports. Submit a bug report to CS and that's the response you get. Be glad, they are submitting the bug report you were obviously not capable of doing yourself and letting you know they forwarded it on. They could just forward it, delete your ticket and be done with it like most other MMOs.

You sure that you submitted more bug reports than me and you know better how to do it? When you reach close to 3 digit ingame bug reports call me again and i will reactivate my main account especially for you to show you that i still have more.

Edited by SnkByte

Thanks for the report - we are aware of an issue right now that causes this. If you leave the queue after seeking a replacement (which you may have done to attempt to invite a guildmate), you are only able to enter the queue for a "new" group, which will reset the content. This is a known issue and we'll be working to address it!

Was this issue known BEFORE you guys released this stuff, because, if so, you guys should have left 1.3 on the PTS until the fix was in. Releasing broken features is terrible. You guys already do it enough. I'd rather wait an extra week to one month for content and features that are significantly less buggy.

The lesson here is, don't requeue then change your mind and invite a guildie.

Actually.

The lesson here is: Don't expect anything that Bioware releases for this game to work properly because only 50 people bothered to test it anyhow.

• Dev Post
If this was a known problem going into today then why not tells us so we can avoid it?

this has been added to our known issues thread, along with several other known issues for 1.3. We update this regularly with high-visibility issues (specifically those we no longer need reports on), and will continue to update it as needed with any further 1.3 issues.

You sure that you submitted more bug reports than me and you know better how to do it? When you reach close to 3 digit ingame bug reports call me again and i will reactivate my main account especially for you to show you that i still have more.

Calm down, buddy.

http://tiny url.com/7uwe4u3

Edited by psi_overtake

this has been added to our known issues thread, along with several other known issues for 1.3. We update this regularly with high-visibility issues (specifically those we no longer need reports on), and will continue to update it as needed with any further 1.3 issues.

The only problem is that the Known Issues thread itself isn't highly visible. I lurk the forums everyday and even now I think I know where to go looking for this, but I never see it referenced anywhere so I always forget about it.

Was this issue known BEFORE you guys released this stuff, because, if so, you guys should have left 1.3 on the PTS until the fix was in. Releasing broken features is terrible. You guys already do it enough. I'd rather wait an extra week to one month for content and features that are significantly less buggy.

The problem is not enough people log on PTS to actually test and.try and break the current.build. These kind of.bugs only happen on when a large population play the game and such a situation rises. so even if it wasn't reported doesn't mean the bug is new. Just means nobody stumbled upon it :-) just relax there's always bugs After an update. Its not gamebreaking like 1.1 or 1.2 it's just a pain in the arse.

Can't wait to play tonight!

The problem is not enough people log on PTS to actually test and.try and break the current.build. These kind of.bugs only happen on when a large population play the game and such a situation rises. so even if it wasn't reported doesn't mean the bug is new. Just means nobody stumbled upon it :-) just relax there's always bugs After an update. Its not gamebreaking like 1.1 or 1.2 it's just a pain in the arse.

Can't wait to play tonight!

You missed the entire phrase "...was this a known issue BEFORE..." That makes the whole point of not enough people testing on the PTS irrelevant. If it was a known issue before release, it's just terrible implementation. I don't know how many times I've been in other LFG groups in other MMO's and we lose someone and someone in the group says, "Let me ask a guildie". But this bug makes it so you can't do that. Great idea that they want to increase the social activity by specifically having a social feature (guilds and guild chat) not be a part of it right now because they'd rather rush content and features out that aren't even close to fully functional just so they can say, "Hey, we got 1.3 out in June with Server Transfers! Aren't we awesome!".

In short: No. That is not quality release. It's these kind of things that continually stock pile until I'll quit the game one day because of terrible practices such as this.

You missed the entire phrase "...was this a known issue BEFORE..." That makes the whole point of not enough people testing on the PTS irrelevant. If it was a known issue before release, it's just terrible implementation. I don't know how many times I've been in other LFG groups in other MMO's and we lose someone and someone in the group says, "Let me ask a guildie". But this bug makes it so you can't do that. Great idea that they want to increase the social activity by specifically having a social feature (guilds and guild chat) not be a part of it right now because they'd rather rush content and features out that aren't even close to fully functional just so they can say, "Hey, we got 1.3 out in June with Server Transfers! Aren't we awesome!".

In short: No. That is not quality release. It's these kind of things that continually stock pile until I'll quit the game one day because of terrible practices such as this.

To be a known issue it has to b discovered by testers I logged in PTS every night to test and get the title to use the off tool. BUT apart from the first few days I never got a queue pop up on either my 2 lvl 50 or my lvl 38. There was max 30 peeps on the fleet wo I

So I couldn't test properly the lfg tool. This happens often and the substantial number of players that log on day 1 of an.update will likely break even more the.update that's why you see these kinda bugs slipped.into live. Just my point of.view!

To be a known issue it has to b discovered by testers I logged in PTS every night to test and get the title to use the off tool. BUT apart from the first few days I never got a queue pop up on either my 2 lvl 50 or my lvl 38. There was max 30 peeps on the fleet wo I

Wow... you're still not getting me. I quote Bioware saying, "This was a known issue."

I responded by asking if this was a known issue before release of it.

My point being: if it was known before the feature was released, then my disappointment increases as they are just adding to the track record of releasing features in a rushed state. It's understandable that patches will release with some known bugs, but where they draw the line of acceptable/not acceptable is baffling sometimes. In my opinion, releasing the LFG tool where it's broken in the sense that you can't invite guildies is terrible.

So I don't care if you couldn't test it later on. I don't care if you never saw the bug. I don't care if it's because 50 people were on the PTS and they never got to test the feature. I care if they knew about it, but went, "Meh, release anyhow." IMO, that's bad. If they did that then obviously (as stated above) they differ very much so with my views on what are acceptable bugs. But, hey, it's okay to release Soa in fights where he can reset halfway through it and now takes 3 minutes to run back to him. That's awesome. /sarcasm

So yeah, that's the bottom line: if they keep releasing stuff half-broken because they want qty rather than quality, well, that's just terrible IMO and I'll probably quit this game with that continued practice.

The only problem is that the Known Issues thread itself isn't highly visible. I lurk the forums everyday and even now I think I know where to go looking for this, but I never see it referenced anywhere so I always forget about it.
A known issues "blog" that's directly accessible via the support menu as well as via the Game's Launcher itself may be a good idea.

the lfg tool is nice and good but something i think missing is if you are on a planet and use it it teleports you to the flashpoint but when you take exit area or leave fp after finish you are back at the fleet... so for now it is good to usae it if you are on the fleet but are you out and exploring/questing then it sucks :( you have to fly all the way back to the planet ands start over.. why not inplent same thing you have on the pvp tool it teleport you back where you started... even if you get the daily quest you can go back later to put it in when going off