Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to talk to or find Aric Jorgan @ Vantage Point

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Unable to talk to or find Aric Jorgan @ Vantage Point
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ktull
03.08.2016 , 12:07 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Friqenstein View Post
Hey, I've got an idea... instead of always 'looking into it' after the fact... why don't you guys actually try testing something before you launch it for once! HEY what a concept!
Seriously... you guys are always on top of the crap that you can milk us for, but for the parts of the game we look forward to, you tend to botch it up every single time.
Kinda makes you wonder why the hell you guys spend money on test servers if it doesn't every seem to pay off eh?

Then again, why we should expect something different after all these years of you guys doing the same retarded things over and over again...
when they do put thing on Pts they delayed to a month or more because it's crap -- Rip Broodwar

Ksenus
03.08.2016 , 12:08 PM | #22
I simply have no words. Fail after fail after pitiful fail after ridicule fail. Nico lost, Aric - "naked gun", quest unplayable.
Republic : 20 Alts (all classes) lvl max
Empire: 20 Alts (all classes) lvl max

Revchong
03.08.2016 , 12:28 PM | #23
Had a naked Aric minus gun. Made my way to vantage point. No Aric, naked or otherwise. Travelled to my homestead, logged out. Relogged, went to try again. Get a message that I cannot continue because I need a companion who is currently unavailable. Go to Mission log, wont let me reset quest. Any suggestions ?

Ssuspriina
03.08.2016 , 12:44 PM | #24
What do you mean no testing, I thought all us with early access were testing it for those that don't have it lol.

Lil_Fusion
03.08.2016 , 12:54 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Revchong View Post
Had a naked Aric minus gun. Made my way to vantage point. No Aric, naked or otherwise. Travelled to my homestead, logged out. Relogged, went to try again. Get a message that I cannot continue because I need a companion who is currently unavailable. Go to Mission log, wont let me reset quest. Any suggestions ?
If you are still in the instance, you need to leave it and then it should light up to reset it.
Help me help YOU! By clicking my referral link we both get benefits if you are new or a returning player such as 7 days of subscription for free and various other things!

Ssuspriina
03.08.2016 , 01:05 PM | #26
Seems to only reset after the first instance, I got as far as 2nd instance on first toon & it bugged out & I could not reset. Tried it on a 2nd toon, reset it 3x after aric appeared naked in the first instance & it finely worked.

Lil_Fusion
03.08.2016 , 01:08 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Ssuspriina View Post
Seems to only reset after the first instance, I got as far as 2nd instance on first toon & it bugged out & I could not reset. Tried it on a 2nd toon, reset it 3x after aric appeared naked in the first instance & it finely worked.
I could reset it after the first instanced area, and the second one where he doesn't appear. The key is if you're in the phase or not though. It won't let you reset if you're still standing inside an instanced area. I also chose to reset the phase each time prior to resetting the quest entirely from the quest log.

This is very annoying for players to have to find a work around just to enjoy the new content, sadly.
Help me help YOU! By clicking my referral link we both get benefits if you are new or a returning player such as 7 days of subscription for free and various other things!

Wicuna
03.08.2016 , 02:06 PM | #28
I'm getting really tired of this. No, correction, I am tired of this. I pay money to fix broken game play mechanics for the people who are free to play? What the h-e-double-hockey-sticks is going on with QA? Seriously considering whether I should be giving 15 bucks a month to a game that can't be bothered to QA their stuff.

December, we had the Lokin/Rakghoul bug where you couldn't do the Rakghoul event, and thus couldn't get Lokin. Their answer? Well, you can get it next month.

January, they went to patch Chapter X, broke something and had the servers down just about all day.

I took a month off after that one, and switched to another MMO that I'm playing for February, and in March, we have this steaming pile.

Lil_Fusion
03.08.2016 , 02:18 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Wicuna View Post
I'm getting really tired of this. No, correction, I am tired of this. I pay money to fix broken game play mechanics for the people who are free to play? What the h-e-double-hockey-sticks is going on with QA? Seriously considering whether I should be giving 15 bucks a month to a game that can't be bothered to QA their stuff.

December, we had the Lokin/Rakghoul bug where you couldn't do the Rakghoul event, and thus couldn't get Lokin. Their answer? Well, you can get it next month.

January, they went to patch Chapter X, broke something and had the servers down just about all day.

I took a month off after that one, and switched to another MMO that I'm playing for February, and in March, we have this steaming pile.
It's never ending. I was just as irked last month when I took the day off to play and couldn't due to the serves being off until prime time. Also upsets me that they still haven't fixed end game graphical that've been broken over a month. Shows what they really care about. This story is only once a month if it isn't delayed and the story is very short 1 hour tops to last month being around 15-30 minutes of scripted events. The only reason I subscribe still is for the sheer fact of raiding with friends I've known now for 3 years. It's much cheaper than the alternative of using ops passes. I figure this is just a bonus to subscribing.

Pigbin
03.08.2016 , 02:23 PM | #30
Please god after you fix his naked, weaponless douchebaggery antics in the swamps, let me kill the ****. Or even better let me shoot him in the face in the first conversation! At least then I'd not have to spend my time trying to find a fix for a companion I hate and will no doubt turn out to be one I can't do anything but have in my Alliance anyway.