Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Paxton Rall ***!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MuffinVelocity
12.21.2018 , 11:39 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Tahirri View Post
I have a unique bug involving Paxton Rall.

On my Plasmatech Vanguard, he did the actual recruitment mission for Paxton Rall, rather than use the token. He got Rall and didn't lose any other companions; however, Darth Hexid is in the "other followers" column and cannot be called forth.

Here's the unique part: I never had Hexid to begin with, since I did not fulfill requirements outlined in the Dark vs Light event.

Additional info, if it helps: this is a toon I took all the way from level 1 and has completed up through Iokath but has not started Umbara and beyond.
Don't know about the Dark vs Light event but this year you had at least 2 chances to get her by just playing a lot of pvp or flashpoints

Tahirri
12.21.2018 , 12:28 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by MuffinVelocity View Post
Don't know about the Dark vs Light event but this year you had at least 2 chances to get her by just playing a lot of pvp or flashpoints
Oh yeah, I did forgot that there were other ways to get Hexid. I never do any PVP and never used the group finder for the flashpoints, so I know 100% I never acquired her in any way.

This literally just happened after the recruitment mission for Paxton Rall, so it is definitely related.
The Rain Legacy
- Zannaah, Khugenne, Phrike, Giss'utek'hemme, Artemisia Xerxes, Qandato, Darkefyre, Viggo
- A'mar, Storrmi, Alunnis, Vrokae, Tahiri Veila, Caz'ok, Myrinne, Heknus Cort

Mzuta
12.22.2018 , 03:38 PM | #43
cannot change his gear and he's supposed to duel wield pistols and i cannot equip a second....also had one line of dialog repeated at ad nauseam

AlrikFassbauer
12.23.2018 , 06:05 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Mzuta View Post
cannot change his gear and he's supposed to duel wield pistols and i cannot equip a second....also had one line of dialog repeated at ad nauseam
This is what I asked above with "is this WAI ?" - but it but plastered over with comments of Alliance Alerts.
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

Glzmo
12.24.2018 , 02:53 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
This is correct, and I will get this on to the known issues. To reiterate:
  • If you acquire Paxton Rall from the Alliance Alert, Darth Hexid becomes unavailable.
  • If you get Paxton Rall from the mail token, there is no effect on Darth Hexid.
Thanks all.

-eric
On my Smuggler (that been through KOTFE, KOTET, etc. yet, he's still in a state after the class story, Makeb, Shadow of Revan), I just used the Paxton Rall mail token. He appeared and all my other token-generated companions are still available (Darth Hexid, Nico Okarr, Shae Viszla, Treek, Ginx, Nexu, Wampa), but all my Smuggler class companions (including Risha, who is my main companion and I had out at the time) are now bugged out and no longer callable! all of them are now listed under the "Unavailable Companions" tab. Their affection has also reset to 1!
Fix this ASAP! I need my Risha for immersion as well as to help on hard quests since she's the only one with high companion rating!

I can't even access the terminal to recall companions on Odessen since I haven't progressed through KOTFE/KOTET yet (please consider changing the access to that terminal to be always available and not tied at which point of the story you are - or just add a copy of the terminal to the fleet so everybody can recall their lost companions!).

Note that this only happened with that one character I have. The multiple others I claimed Paxton via token before haven't exhibited the bug, but after it happened to my Scoundrel, I stopped getting Paxton for the rest of my characters to be safe on them.

Also, this is a WARNING for everyone - do not get Paxton Rall for the time being until this is fixed, be it token or via alert, it could very well make other companions unavailable!

I wish I hadn't subscribed to the game. Still no chat bubbles, heaps of new game breaking bugs that the devs can't fix in a timely manner and instead take an extended holiday break (you should have really held back the release until they were ironed out!).

KaraPeters
01.20.2019 , 01:47 PM | #46
1. The thing on his head is ridiculous and, as others have said, not removable. Why.
2. I want to tart him up. I'm sad. He might as well be wearing a sack.
3. Yes. That line about not his finest hour is maddening.

What I wanted was a good looking male twi'lek I could put in trashy clothing and enjoy as eye candy. Can't take him anywhere because it's not his finest hour. Ever. And he's too covered in garbage to be attractive.

So he's crafting. Ad nauseum.
Jedaii Reborn (Gadalen)/Revan's Rapture (Jenrath)

Dylinrae
01.21.2019 , 11:43 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Solo-Jo View Post
I can not use paxton rall because I will go insane!! All he says over and over and over is "not my finest hour", he says it when you give him a gift no matter the quality etc, he says it when he makes a kill, heals, or anything.
I have the same problem, it's driving me crazy too. I turn off the sound when I use him, or listen to music in the background LOL.
My life for the Empire! Quinnmancer

"I joined to serve the Empire and its people." - Imperial Agent