Remove the rakghoul plague now

I am baffled by this post. asddskf...I have nothing to say to the amount of offense you are taking to a WORLD EVENT thatmost players are having a blast with. What is the real issue? Do you hate the color green?

If you get infected with a deadly disease, you cure yourself. It's common sense. If I am going to play an MMORPG, I am going to act as though my character is real, and so I am not going to willingly take a disease.

I also hate the plague mechanic enough that 1,000,000 credits is a an acceptable price to pay even if only in protest of it.

Just my preference.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They already have a stim that makes you immune for 6 hours.

I don't give two flips about who uses it and who doesn't.

And..I've infected 4 people since yesterday, all of which were in my guild and wanted to be infected. Clearly...I'm on a rampage to destroy the game play of others.

Sorry...I should'nt have directed that at you personally as a player. But some do enjoy anoying others in game and do it on purpose. The way the event is designed, it makes it very easy to do that. And besides..I said a stim which makes you immune not for 6 hrs...but as a free one that comes in the mail. :cool:

Alot of people the stop QQING crowd specifically

sounds like the kids at playground playing dodgeball and they are the dingbat that goes and pegs some kid on the monkey bars or jungle gym and then cries to everyone when they want to punish him BUT WE (notice refering to both of them) were playing dodgeball.

Just because there is a dodgeball and a dodgeball game doesn't make it a good idea to go peg everyone near the park/playground.

Everyone on the playground shouldn't have to play dodgeball.

Edited by Tesserhorn

Six hours; perhaps, but does the effect last if one dies and respawns due to said grinding? Or wait and watch for the next lunatic to detonate a little after the time elapses?

I am grateful that the Legacy system is in place for my Main to mail aid to my Alts. But I do wonder if the other lowbies that simply started recently had as much fun as I didn't....

the point of that post is to deal with it and make 50k credits for dying once

And those numbers are ONLY people who visit the forums.

Historically....forum users are a VERY small percentage of the whole player base. So the numbers are only representing people who visit the forums.

Agreed, and I personally think that those not visiting the forums are far less likely to enjoy the plague. Here's why:

Those who visit the forums are the more dedicated players, usually. They usually understand the game more, play the game more often, and see it through the lens of a general gaming history.

Those who are more casual players don't visit the forums most of the time, and I think it's fairly obvious that the more casual players would like this far less. To them, the world is already big enough as it is - dauntingly big - and there's enough to deal with without this being added to it.

I've been infected standing at the GTN bay. Personally I agree its fairly annoying, mostly because its unavoidable.

Won't be quitting but it is making me consider logging off until its done.

Exactly. And why should a event make me not feel like even logging on until it is over? If these types of events are expanded on ....why would I want to continue my sub when I do not feel like logging on a lot?

But, We don't always get to make the choice which way the story goes now do we. However we do either adapt to that change or OOC and ignore it. Hazards of rping in a live uncontroled situation.

Again; OK with the story, although I prefer to avoid Spacial Undead since watching 'Lifeforce'. Having a live event is fine, and could be fun.

Being forced to play someone else's Mission, storyline, etc is not.

Agreed, and I personally think that those not visiting the forums are far less likely to enjoy the plague. Here's why:

Those who visit the forums are the more dedicated players, usually. They usually understand the game more, play the game more often, and see it through the lens of a general gaming history.

Those who are more casual players don't visit the forums most of the time, and I think it's fairly obvious that the more casual players would like this far less. To them, the world is already big enough as it is - dauntingly big - and there's enough to deal with without this being added to it.

I am here because I am at work and I cannot play at the moment, it has nothing to do with dedication, but it has a lot to do with boredom.

Also, just saying this type of event is a role-players wet dream

Then why aren't you role playing it?

Why are you letting yourself die? Would the character you are role playing as be content to suffer through the plague and explode, or who s/he seek treatment? Would the character you play listen to the warnings and instructions about the plague, or would s/he ignore them and act as a terrorist, infecting people?

I am here because I am at work and I cannot play at the moment, it has nothing to do with dedication, but it has a lot to do with boredom.

The fact that you're interested in playing enough to be satisfying your desire for the game through the forum indicates you are not a casual player.

Ive read quite a few "this event blows" threads, but what I have noticed in each of them is that the only reason people give for not liking it is....well I haven't found someone who didn't like it that actually had a reason that wasn't solved by using the Vaccine or avoiding fleet/tatooine altogether.

Personally the only thing I don't like about the event? See below:

This is a 1 minute sample of General chat on Tatooine the day the event hit.

[1. General] RandomNub: Where do I go to start the event?

[1. General] RandomNub2: fleet - vip section

[1. General] RandomNub89: Northeast corner of dune sea

[1. General] RandomNub45: Where can I find the ship?

[1. General] RandomNub119: Scroll up idiot, RandomNub89 JUST said it.

[1. General] RandomNub42: Where can I sell dna?

[1. General] RandomNub89: Jawa trader

[1. General] RandomNub34: WTS [Rakghoul Vaccine] 10k each

[1. General] RandomNub42: Where can I find the Jawa Trader

[1. General] RandomNub89: Open your map and select show vendors then look to the north in dune sea, he is the one all the way to the north

[1. General] RandomNub42: in the pvp area? thats syupid

[1. General] RandomNub89: ./facepalm

[1. General] RandomNub22: Anyone on the shaman?

[1. General] RandomNub37: If I was I wouldn't be telling you

[1. General] RandomNub56: what is it, after you hit 50 you just turn into a total douche and start stealing peoples kills?

[1. General] RandomNub32: Pretty much.

[1. General] RandomNub42: It's not possible to steal a kill once you tag the mob.

[1. General] RandomNub45: I found the ship now what?

[1. General] RandomNub22: You weren't so shy last night when we did Pound of Flesh together now were you? ;)

[1. General] RandomNub37: dear god man, that was supposed to be a secret!

[1. General] RandomNub56: if I am running towards a mob and a 50 finishes his then sees mine and uses a speed boost to beat me that's kill stealing.

[1. General] RandomNub32: Thats not kill stealing thats just what you call being a total **** head.

[1. General] RandomNub45: I found the ship now what?

[1. General] RandomNub90: Where do I go to start the event?

Tatooine chat is filled with people asking what to do or complaining about being ganked or having their kills stolen. This is the only thing I really can't stand about this event - but I am stuck here until I can finish my class quest - But just like the Vaccine there is a way for me to avoid it. Just leave general chat.

the point of that post is to deal with it and make 50k credits for dying once

And I choose to avoid the Plague, perks, and storyline. Thanks!

My complaint is not with the event, but the Griefing that occurs because of it.

I am not playing the game to make money

I did not say that. You complained about having to spend 30k on vaccines. I pointed out you WOULD make money by blowing up and selling DNA.

This is my point. Your reasons for not wanting to take part in this are moot by your statements, which you continue to reiterate and trip over.

You are in fact trolling. (it is my time to assume)

Then why aren't you role playing it?

Why are you letting yourself die? Would the character you are role playing as be content to suffer through the plague and explode, or who s/he seek treatment? Would the character you play listen to the warnings and instructions about the plague, or would s/he ignore them and act as a terrorist, infecting people?

Lol! really good points. So..someone wants to roleplay exploding and dying a lot? I mean...are they role playing a totally dumb char? :D

Sorry...I should'nt have directed that at you personally as a player. But some do enjoy anoying others in game and do it on purpose. The way the event is designed, it makes it very easy to do that. And besides..I said a stim which makes you immune not for 6 hrs...but as a free one that comes in the mail. :cool:

Any in game mechanic can be manipulated to annoy others.

Emotes....dances....yells....AOE's that work without an enemy target. You can annoy people with all of those.

So should all of those be removed as well?

Sure, some people just enjoy being a pain. You ignore them.

BioWare gave people an out. Yes, it costs money. But it's there for anyone who wants to use it. How many people play for 6 hours or more at a time?

If they gave a free stim that didn't last through death, people would complain about that too.

They can't win.

Any in game mechanic can be manipulated to annoy others.

Emotes....dances....yells....AOE's that work without an enemy target. You can annoy people with all of those.

So should all of those be removed as well?

Sure, some people just enjoy being a pain. You ignore them.

BioWare gave people an out. Yes, it costs money. But it's there for anyone who wants to use it. How many people play for 6 hours or more at a time?

If they gave a free stim that didn't last through death, people would complain about that too.

They can't win.

Yeah. I have a feature called "ignore player " in the game..right? So all I am asking for is another tool to deal with the event if I donot want to do it at all..in any way, shape or form.

Again; OK with the story, although I prefer to avoid Spacial Undead since watching 'Lifeforce'. Having a live event is fine, and could be fun.

Being forced to play someone else's Mission, storyline, etc is not.

The fact that you are rping in a game, not a environment of your own choosing under your total control requires you to play someone else's mission or story as well as their rules to a extent. Anything we rp here is secondary to the BW story...unless of course you decide to ignore all of it. Btw, they are not undead...they are infected and turn to a beast. A bug made special by a Sith so many many years ago. That has rich rp oozing from it.:D