Dumbest Sith Lord Ever

Pietrastor

Honestly, Vader? The writing in the prequels kinda ruined him :/ He gets tricked like a child and after realizing that he just... keeps rolling with the trickster's plan. :rak_02: He's just... Well, not very intelligent. Palpy played him like a puppet without even trying :o Edited by Pietrastor

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vader dumb? Pfft ya right, he wasn't a moron and that trickster you speak of is a master manipulator having manipulated pretty much everyone including his own master. He only continues to serve Palps due to that is all he had left. But Vader is by no means dumb, he is actually very smart, the guy built a working droid and a pod racer as a kid after all...among other things later in life.

To call Vader a moron is an insult.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

He only continues to serve Palps due to that is all he had left.
He also could, you know, stop at least some Jedi from getting killed, like for example those innocent children in the Temple. Seriously, why does he do it? :confused: :confused: :confused: Because the Jedi are evil and attacked the Chancellor? Yeah, turns out they were right to do so because Palpy totally stops hiding the fact that he set up the war for Sith to take over :confused:

But Vader is by no means dumb, he is actually very smart, the guy built a working droid and a pod racer as a kid after all...
But couldn't figure out that a guy who seems to be an expert on secret Sith rituals is a Sith :rak_02:

He also could, you know, stop at least some Jedi from getting killed, like for example those innocent children in the Temple. Seriously, why does he do it? :confused: :confused: :confused: Because the Jedi are evil and attacked the Chancellor? Yeah, turns out they were right to do so because Palpy totally stops hiding the fact that he set up the war for Sith to take over :confused:

But couldn't figure out that a guy who seems to be an expert on secret Sith rituals is a Sith :rak_02:

Just because someone knows how to make an IED, doesn't make him a terrorist! ....:rak_02: wait bad example.

but anyways. What I'm trying to say is people dabble in collecting sith artifacts and teachings thought out the Star Wars universe. Maybe he (Anakin) figured the Chancellor was doing research on the enemy? As far as the Younglings, when they grow up who's to say based off what they witness; they would have become Dark Jedi? Seeking revenge then you would have a whole mess of them running around the galaxy! Lord of the Flies style! I think it wasn't till later that the Emperor thought to make "Hands" and Inquisitors with the remainder.

What Emperor did with Vader really was divide and conquer! With a bit of shock and awe. He knew (and it did happen) that if the Jedi survived (even one) they would be defeated. :D

Honestly, Vader? The writing in the prequels kinda ruined him :/ He gets tricked like a child and after realizing that he just... keeps rolling with the trickster's plan. :rak_02: He's just... Well, not very intelligent. Palpy played him like a puppet without even trying :o
What would you do? Some old man is being nice to me! HE'S A SITH!

Lets remember the only reason that Anakin continued with Sidious' plan is because he wanted to save Padme. And the moment that Palpatine told him he knew of Sith teachings Anakin drew his lightsaber and turned him over to the Jedi.

Anakin was naive yes, and overly trusting of the Chancellor. Many other Jedi saw him as dangerous but Anakin didn't see it because the Chancellor was his friend and he was very much mistrustful of the Jedi Council. But this doesn't by any means make him 'dumb', any other young individual would protect and trust the man who had watched over and cared for him since he was a young child.

Either way, this is Anakin we are talking about not Vader. Funnily enough people learn things as the grow older, and Vader learned a hell of a lot. Getting all your limb's severed teaches you something.

Honestly, Vader? The writing in the prequels kinda ruined him :/ He gets tricked like a child and after realizing that he just... keeps rolling with the trickster's plan. :rak_02: He's just... Well, not very intelligent. Palpy played him like a puppet without even trying :o

Probably not the dumbest, but to a certain degree you are correct. He was played like a fool because he was weak minded, or what happened, wouldn't have happened.

It's no different that an obese person not being able to stop eating, an alcoholic saying no, a gambler thinking this will be the one, etc, etc... Debate the semantics all you want, he was weak.

Probably not the dumbest, but to a certain degree you are correct. He was played like a fool because he was weak minded, or what happened, wouldn't have happened.

It's no different that an obese person not being able to stop eating, an alcoholic saying no, a gambler thinking this will be the one, etc, etc... Debate the semantics all you want, he was weak.

I'm really not sure what people are referring to here. Perhaps provide some examples?

Anyone who is that easily influenced is weak. Does that make him dumb? No. It makes him weak. It's that simple.
By that logic, the entire Jedi Order is weak. They were all manipulated like puppets by Sidious on multiple occasions. Being easily influenced does not make you weak if the one who is influencing you is a master manipulator. Just like I wouldn't call someone weak for losing a fight to a heavy-weight champion.

And is Anakin weak for being prepared to do anything for love? Because lets face it that's real reason why he fell to the dark side. Sidious also put him in several situations which pushed him towards the dark side, and encouraged his arrogance and use of emotions. It was his naivety and recklessness that led him to embrace such emotions.

Simply passing him of weak is somewhat shortsighted. Especially if you lack any specific examples to back it up.

Edited by Beniboybling

By that logic, the entire Jedi Order is weak. They were all manipulated like puppets by Sidious on multiple occasions. Being easily influenced does not make you weak if the one who is influencing you is a master manipulator. Just like I wouldn't call someone weak for losing a fight to a heavy-weight champion.

And is Anakin weak for being prepared to do anything for love? Because lets face it that's real reason why he fell to the dark side. Sidious also put him in several situations which pushed him towards the dark side, and encouraged his arrogance and use of emotions. It was his naivety and recklessness that led him to embrace such emotions.

Simply passing him of weak is somewhat shortsighted. Especially if you lack any specific examples to back it up.

No need to provide examples. I'm sure you've seen the movies. He is weak minded, it's not hard to figure out. Again, debate the semantics all you want, he is weak. Which is exactly why what happened, happened.

Edited by Pirana

No need to provide examples. I'm sure you've seen the movies. He is weak minded, it's not hard to figure out. Again, debate the semantics all you want, he is weak. Which is exactly why what happened, happened.
I have seen the movies, I've also watched the cartoon, and reached a different conclusion. The fact that you have failed to give example and simply keep repeating 'he's weak' would imply you lack the evidence to support your argument. Perhaps that's because your argument is incorrect.

Anakin wasn't weak minded. :rolleyes:

He built high tech equipment and droids when other kids were playing with Legos. He piloted an extremely fast pod racer that no other human could do. In his teen years, he showed skill that eclipsed that of Jedi Masters. By the time he was a Knight, he was a living legend for what he did during the Clone Wars. Weak minded? Hardly. He was the Chosen One. No, Anakin's weakness was love. He formed attachments, which led to his downfall, but ultimately, also his redemption.

Palpatine influenced the minds of most of the Galactic Senate in addition to keeping himself a secret from the entire Jedi Order while being right under their noses for how many decades? Even Yoda's mind was clouded by Palp's power. Are you going to claim that Yoda is weak minded too?

Your argument is hereby invalidated.

Edited by TheronFett

Not really, an Idiot Savant can't deal with reality at all, he's more like Sheldon out of Big Bang, he can do things and strategise but can't really understand people.

To be honest it's just really bad writing.

Strategise? Irony.

Yes, and Yoda, Mace, and the whole Jedi Council are weak for trusting Palps as well. ;)

I have seen the movies, I've also watched the cartoon, and reached a different conclusion. The fact that you have failed to give example and simply keep repeating 'he's weak' would imply you lack the evidence to support your argument. Perhaps that's because your argument is incorrect.

He is weak. Whether you choose to see it or not, is up to you. Anyone who succumbs to peer pressure is a red flag. The fact you cannot see the obvious is rather comical.

He is weak. Whether you choose to see it or not, is up to you. Anyone who succumbs to peer pressure is a red flag. The fact you cannot see the obvious is rather comical.
Peer pressure? Well this confirms by suspicions that you have no idea what your talking about and certainly no evidence to support your argument. Edited by Beniboybling

It's been a few years, but if i remember correctly the sequence of events goes:

1. Anakin tells Mace Windu that the Chancellor is a Sith Lord.

2. Mace Windu and other Jedi go to confront Palpatine.

3. Predictably, a fight ensues.

4. Anakin arrives to see Windu fighting Palpatine, and Windu asks for help.

Now, where I have a problem:

5. Anakin seems surprised that Jedi confronting a Sith Lord (that he told them about) leads to a conflict, and chooses to aid Palpatine.

I haven't read the book version, but it just seems to me like there's a logical disconnect. Someone please explain? :confused:

Peer pressure? Well this confirms by suspicions that you have no idea what your talking about and certainly no evidence to support your argument.

The evidence you seem to be searching for is in the movies. Again, I suggest you watch them.