Any prediction for SWTOR or .. steps to be taken when the next movie comes out?

Ouardajason

I'm sure there will be a hype surge of players coming online.. my question.......... what steps has EA re preparing to maintained possible new player base. and I'm not talking about adding new servers.

:)

Probably add a planet that will be in ep 7 and that crossguard lightsaber (shudder)

I don't get the cross guard hate. It makes a HELL of a lot MORE sense than the dual bladed light saber (if you actually bothered to fence and practice martial arts that involve swords and Bō.

As a martial artist I can agree that the double bladed lightsaber is dumb (even if it looks ******), however the crossguard saber is retarded, you're more likely to cut off your own hand than anything else, all without performing the prime function of a crossguard, since the emitters are exposed, just slide the blade down your opponent's and pop.

I know some people like to explain it away that the emitters are encased in cortosis, but then, why not have the whole crossguard made of cortosis and skip the whole chop off own hand thing?

As a martial artist I can agree that the double bladed lightsaber is dumb (even if it looks ******), however the crossguard saber is retarded, you're more likely to cut off your own hand than anything else, all without performing the prime function of a crossguard, since the emitters are exposed, just slide the blade down your opponent's and pop.

I know some people like to explain it away that the emitters are encased in cortosis, but then, why not have the whole crossguard made of cortosis and skip the whole chop off own hand thing?

Oh I am not saying the cross guards are perfect however my main sport in my high school was and even with the aggressive slashing actions of saber and epee (foil is a lot more linear) I never had the cross card make contact with my wrists. Just to confirm I check with a friend of mine who is competitive in long sword fencing (very different and obviously more relevant to the image we see). He said unless you are performing a maneuver that requires touching the cross guard you don't. If you did the cross guard would be interfering with the maneuver. Inside the World of Longsword Fighting | The New York Times: http://youtu.be/5zueF4Mu2uM. Actually considering taking this up just to compare and contrast east v west.

As such I am going to be withholding final judgment until I see the fight choreography. Right now if they do a more western style long sword fencing style with that guy it will work. Even if they don't it can't be any worse than the dual bladed light saber.... BUT the Maul fanbois will of course say otherwise.

The exposed emitters are an issue, as you sakd. BUT the sword makes more sense to me....especially more than the dual bladed. No one in the prior movies had their fingers chopped off though I won't sweat it ;)

Tbh I always thought the lightsabers need some sort of hilt/Cross guard. I had constant visions of someone just sliding their blade down and slicing off the fingers of his opponent lol.

Oh I am not saying the cross guards are perfect however my main sport in my high school was and even with the aggressive slashing actions of saber and epee (foil is a lot more linear) I never had the cross card make contact with my wrists. Just to confirm I check with a friend of mine who is competitive in long sword fencing (very different and obviously more relevant to the image we see). He said unless you are performing a maneuver that requires touching the cross guard you don't. If you did the cross guard would be interfering with the maneuver. Inside the World of Longsword Fighting | The New York Times: http://youtu.be/5zueF4Mu2uM. Actually considering taking this up just to compare and contrast east v west.

As such I am going to be withholding final judgment until I see the fight choreography. Right now if they do a more western style long sword fencing style with that guy it will work. Even if they don't it can't be any worse than the dual bladed light saber.... BUT the Maul fanbois will of course say otherwise.

The exposed emitters are an issue, as you sakd. BUT the sword makes more sense to me....especially more than the dual bladed. No one in the prior movies had their fingers chopped off though I won't sweat it ;)

Tbh I always thought the lightsabers need some sort of hilt/Cross guard. I had constant visions of someone just sliding their blade down and slicing off the fingers of his opponent lol.

In theory the dual-sided blade is impractical, I can agree with that. But the most common issue I see as a practicioner of martial arts is that people mistake the weapon to be two separate blades when they're really one: if you know where one half is, you know the exact location of the other. I'd like to believe that Maul used it in TPM because the Jedi had no knowledge of how to defend against it, seeing as it's incredibly uncommon and is assosciated with the Sith (I believe Exar Kun was the first to develop and use it). This would explain not only why Qui-gon Jinn was killed by Maul, but also why Kenobi could defeat Maul: Jinn had no one to back him up in the sequence of the duel where he was killed, and he was facing Maul's saberstaff alone, whereas Kenobi severed half of Maul's saber before engaging in a traditional duel (meaning they both used single-bladed sabers)

In short, Kenobi won because he took Maul's advantage, and Qui-gon died because of that advantage. But Jinn is no pushover, so why couldn't he just adapt? Because he thought of the saberstaff as two separate blades. Why did he think like this? Because Maul fended master and padawan off using separate parts of his weapon. That's why it's more practical: Maul was inadvertently playing mind games with the Jedi by using a saberstaff as opposed to a single-bladed saber with a crossguard, which when fighting is really only a single-bladed weapon with a minor change

Probably add a planet that will be in ep 7 and that crossguard lightsaber (shudder)

4.0 will have a new class called the Arcanist which uses a crossguard lightsaber (called a greatsaber). The planet coming in 4.0 is called Tevindor. This planet will be in Episode IX.