Whats a flashpoint? (impossible to find group)

Whats a flashpoint, you mean Black Talon?

1. No guilds want dps for heroics, the population right now is 95% dps 5% healer/tanks

2. Search engine sucks, it only shows a huge list of people and doesnt find people who are all over the world who want to do the flashpoint but dont feel like siting next to the instance for 5 hours

3. no LFD, cry all you want about how fun WoW became after the Dungeon finder killed the need to sit in town spaming LFG in trade chat, but it has become a neccessity to have a dungeon finder in todays MMO gaming model, 95% people play dps , so 95% of spam in chat is going be LF1M Healer, and it become impossible to get groups

4. 4 Person teams, double you Tea F, what were you thinking BIoware? now even LESS dps can get in a group and the disparity of healers and tanks becomes even larger

start adding extra rewards for tanking and healing, add dual spec, add dungeon finder, or you will soon start finding people geting bored of playing Huttball for the five hundredth time and just quiting your game

Edited by Bejita

So maybe use your Tank/Healing specc if you have one ^^ ?

Most Classes have one, but if you only want to play DPS when you can specc otherwise you are just a bad player who just wants to slack off.

...and incur a hefty respec fee out of desperation to form a group? that's exactly what you do, everytime you run a flashpoint(right?)

There is an easy solution: find friends to go to your fp.

I am leveling as a healer and i have a tank friend, we just invite randoms. We have a fp group going in 5 minute tops.

If you want to play dps from 1-50 and don't want to get friends, just skip flashpoints all together if you can't bear long searches.

Seriously, the time where you get something for nothing is over.

I think with the current situation people will be forced to play tank /healer more and those classed get more appreciation. I like the way that it is now reminds me of vanilla. I hope there will never be any LFG tool ever.

One thing that I do dislike currently is the high cost of respeccing. I have respect back and forth with my healer about 5 times now and its getting ridiculous. I know that 25k is nothing at end level but at end level I dont need to respec I need it while levelling... So that i can heal FP`s and dps levelling. On the other hand as a sorcerer I can level just as easy while specced healing. ;)

/Isa.

Again... MMOs are suppose to be social games. It's call making friends in case your wondering. Dungeon Finder... 95% are dps... well think 50% of your group is dps... 25% is tank and heal... who has the better odds of finding a FP group? LOL just because you picked the same thing 95% of everyone else picked you feel the game is unbalanced for dps? sorry can't help but laugh.

Again... MMOs are suppose to be social games. It's call making friends in case your wondering. Dungeon Finder... 95% are dps... well think 50% of your group is dps... 25% is tank and heal... who has the better odds of finding a FP group? LOL just because you picked the same thing 95% of everyone else picked you feel the game is unbalanced for dps? sorry can't help but laugh.

So true.

These same old responses are getting awfully tired. Get a guild, find friends, re-spec or re-roll healer.

In the end players will gravitate towards what works simplest for them and what I've done is cancel, to possibly come back when there's a LFD tool in the game.

I could build up social contacts but I'm just not that enthusiastic. I could wait at the zone in spamming for hours but I don't enjoy that. I actually have re-rolled but it's just as bad. My friend and I did Black Talon as tank and healer with level 11s and we couldn't fill the group (on one of the heaviest populated servers).

Also if you step back from individual solutions you'll see that the system is flawed. If the spread is 5% tanks, 5% healers, 90% dps then the best grouping outcome is that 20% of players can find groups and 80% of players can't even with perfect communication.

Anyway I've canceled. SWTOR is a good massively single player game but I'm just not that into single player games any more.

These same old responses are getting awfully tired. Get a guild, find friends, re-spec or re-roll healer.

In the end players will gravitate towards what works simplest for them and what I've done is cancel, to possibly come back when there's a LFD tool in the game.

I could build up social contacts but I'm just not that enthusiastic. I could wait at the zone in spamming for hours but I don't enjoy that. I actually have re-rolled but it's just as bad. My friend and I did Black Talon as tank and healer with level 11s and we couldn't fill the group (on one of the heaviest populated servers).

Also if you step back from individual solutions you'll see that the system is flawed. If the spread is 5% tanks, 5% healers, 90% dps then the best grouping outcome is that 20% of players can find groups and 80% of players can't even with perfect communication.

Anyway I've canceled. SWTOR is a good massively single player game but I'm just not that into single player games any more.

That is your right. The game is as it is and you either accept it or you dont.

Have fun playing another game.

/isa.

Whats a flashpoint, you mean Black Talon?

1. No guilds want dps for heroics, the population right now is 95% dps 5% healer/tanks

"WHY IS NOBODY A TANK OR HEALER EVERYONE IS DPS FFS"

"I WANT TO BE DPS EVERYONE ELSE SHOULD REROLL"

Reroll tank or healer, or lump it. If you insist on staying DPS, you're as much of the problem as everyone else.

2. Search engine sucks, it only shows a huge list of people and doesnt find people who are all over the world who want to do the flashpoint but dont feel like siting next to the instance for 5 hours

True

3. no LFD, cry all you want about how fun WoW became after the Dungeon finder killed the need to sit in town spaming LFG in trade chat, but it has become a neccessity to have a dungeon finder in todays MMO gaming model, 95% people play dps , so 95% of spam in chat is going be LF1M Healer, and it become impossible to get groups

Got by without LFD in WoW and other MMOs, will continue to do so. But then again, I'm a tank, and have a guild. My advice, get some friends or something playing, or make some. Although saying that I've seen several times a day a group looking for 1 DPS to finish a HM group.

4. 4 Person teams, double you Tea F, what were you thinking BIoware? now even LESS dps can get in a group and the disparity of healers and tanks becomes even larger

Addressed above about the tank/healer thing, but it works fine.

start adding extra rewards for tanking and healing, add dual spec, add dungeon finder, or you will soon start finding people geting bored of playing Huttball for the five hundredth time and just quiting your game

Dual spec would be nice, but isn't necessary. LFD isn't needed, and won't help you find a group. If nobody wants a DPS for their groups, sitting in a queue with all the others isn't going to help.

Extra rewards for tanking suits me though ;)

Hi,

this is my first MMO. I concentrate mostly on the SP part, but sometimes i do a FP or Heroic. I never wait for healer/tank, but just go in with maybe 3 teams, sometimes not even in a group. And it works.

My 2 cents.

Andronimous.

Hardmode flashpoints at 50, unfortunately, require a full group of players or there's no chance.

Seriously, the time where you get something for nothing is over.

I can't stand those statements. Is it a work? Do i have to pay and be bored before having fun in a flashpoint? Is that some karmik spiritual experience where i have to be perfectly balanced between pain and join?

I can understand, not approve but understand, people saying that LFG tool ruins community. It's at lest something you can discuss about. But saying you have to "work" for stuff in game is downright laughable

I'm a tank and i have trouble finding flashpoint groups! Since everyone is everywhere else (pvp, other planets) it's a pain to get a group. Last i did we had 2 tanks, a tank hybrid and a healer, the few times i see someone calling out for a group at my level (max) it's always a tank looking for a group. But becouse everyone is spread out ALOT you really have a hard time getting a group together, a wow style LFD tool helped keeping this from happening since you could go wherever you wanted and queue up for a dungeon, and even dps queue times are ALOT lower then the time it takes to get a group together manually.

Not for me. I like run around doing solo quest and every now and the do a FP or group quest. But I do not feel the need to make friends with random people who also happen to play a game that I play.

To form only friendships takes time and effort. Well I do not really have the time to start an online social life.

I should have rolled a healer. I almost always play healer but this time I decided to go Sniper (which has no other role BUT DPS.) There was a large amount of guild members that wanted to roll healer so I made the sacrifice and went with Sniper instead of Operative thinking if I'm to play a DPS I want to go with a strickly ranged DPS. I was the first in my guild to get their advanced class... but as more people picked thier advanced class, they started deciding to play as DPS as well. I'm so pissed.

I love Sniper, but being a healer defintely has it's advantages in finding groups.