New Player Questions

Kamm_Sulastann

Hello everyone,

I am fairly new to the game and have a couple of questions. First off when I was creating my toon I noticed that a number of the races were locked, how does one unlock the different races. I would love to play a Chiss Bounty Hunter but as of now I am unable to do that. Also when does one get their own ship? Thank you for any help you can provide to the following questions.

Hi and welcome to the game.

The locked species you see while creating a character are ones that are currently locked to a specific faction or class. Species like Twi'lek (Republic) and Chiss (Empire) are only available for that faction until you have played to level 50 with it. Then it will become available to the opposite side. You can also unlock these species via Legacy (which is unlocked once you complete Chapter 1) but they are quite expensive. I have a Chiss Bounty Hunter so you should be able to create one for yourself.

You gain your ship once you have completed your Class quest on your factions Home world, Coruscant for Republic or Koribban for Empire.

I hope this info helps.

Edited by Apollo-Rayne

Chiss BH should be an option.

Edit: To clarify, I mean that Chiss is a standard species option for BH. No unlock required.

You should be able to make a Chiss BH. That is not an opinion, it is a statement of fact. :t_cool:

Edited by Mithros

You gain your ship once you have completed your Class quest on your factions Home world, Coruscant for Republic or Koribban for Empire.

Actually the Capital World for the Empire is Drommund Kaas. Korriban is the Starter Planet for the Sith Warrior and Sith Inquisitor classes and completing the story there does not give you your ship.

Peace