Just had an interesting thought about VII

gabarooni

If Disney plans on relaunching SW's and covering all aspects from books to gaming to movies like GL said wouldn't it make sense if they somehow made VII tie into Swtor in some way? That would get more people interested in Swtor which would equal more players which would equal more money.

I mean lets face it everything we know about SW's Lore is now subject to change it's not outside the relm of possibility to have them reintroduce a Carbonite frozen Reven into VII.

What do you guys think?

Sounds like a crappy thought. Even then depending on how disney handles the EU/movie continuity specifically Pre-Bane/Ruin era...

If they decide to follow the way of the movies and Lucas. Revan doesnt exist in his universe as he has already established the rules that Darth Ruin is the first sith lord 2000 years before the movies or so.

All up in the air atm.

Edited by Girdeux

If Disney plans on relaunching SW's and covering all aspects from books to gaming to movies like GL said wouldn't it make sense if they somehow made VII tie into Swtor in some way? That would get more people interested in Swtor which would equal more players which would equal more money.

I mean lets face it everything we know about SW's Lore is now subject to change it's not outside the relm of possibility to have them reintroduce a Carbonite frozen Reven into VII.

What do you guys think?

they are not relaunching all of star wars for now it just seems they are relaunching the post ROTJ EU.

Since they are going to be doing a lot of new movies, tv shows and comics It would be nice if they tie something into SWTOR as they are trying this whole new Trans Media thing

they are not relaunching all of star wars for now it just seems they are relaunching the post ROTJ EU.

Since they are going to be doing a lot of new movies, tv shows and comics It would be nice if they tie something into SWTOR as they are trying this whole new Trans Media thing

That would be smart marketting !

And to comment what OP said about Revan , it could be about Malgus or SateleShan and it would be just as good !

Edited by mefit

What do you guys think?

Please no! Think of the fanboyism!

"It's a NIGHTMARE!"

EDIT: If they relaunch pre-PT canon that will mean that Revan won't exist! Finally some good news!

Edited by Aurbere

Ow.

If they took away Revan then KOTOR would be gone. Suckage.

That's probably what's going to happen. I'm betting that Disney is going to do a complete over-haul of Star Wars (aside from the movies). We can still play the games, but if that happens, they will have no bearing on the Star Wars Universe. Some of my favorite games might get the boot. :(

That's probably what's going to happen. I'm betting that Disney is going to do a complete over-haul of Star Wars (aside from the movies). We can still play the games, but if that happens, they will have no bearing on the Star Wars Universe. Some of my favorite games might get the boot. :(

That'd be a big mistake.

Seriously, there is so much time in the Star Wars universe that hasn't been explored. Why can't Disney just make a story somewhere there?

Even if they do insist on changing the Star Wars universe, why can't they make a story that's compatible with the existing ones? I wouldn't mind a few tweaks to KOTOR, even if they are big tweaks. But to totally erase that stuff is stupid and uncalled for.

The only reason they should have to delete our canon is if it conflicts or contradicts something they want to do. Besides the post RotJ stuff, they don't need to delete ANYTHING!!

That'd be a big mistake.

Seriously, there is so much time in the Star Wars universe that hasn't been explored. Why can't Disney just make a story somewhere there?

Even if they do insist on changing the Star Wars universe, why can't they make a story that's compatible with the existing ones? I wouldn't mind a few tweaks to KOTOR, even if they are big tweaks. But to totally erase that stuff is stupid and uncalled for.

The only reason they should have to delete our canon is if it conflicts or contradicts something they want to do. Besides the post RotJ stuff, they don't need to delete ANYTHING!!

I'm right there with you. I would prefer that they do what Peter Jackson did with LOTR: make movie adaptations of the novels. That way we get more movies, but the novels/games/comics remain the same. I would be fine if they made a movie in a time period that is unexplored.

If Disney plans on relaunching SW's and covering all aspects from books to gaming to movies like GL said wouldn't it make sense if they somehow made VII tie into Swtor in some way?

Not neccessarily. It's unclear how the licensing agreement works. SWTOR is EA (by way of bioware). It's possible LucasArts (and thus now Disney) are only making a cut off the box sales, and a negligable amount off subscription/cartel. Heck, it's *possible* EA only paid an upfront licensing fee of "X" amount of money. Disney may not particularly CARE (financially) how well SWTOR does in the long run.

In fact, they may actually have fairly strong incentive for SWTOR to fail even if they ARE taking a cut of the ongoing proceeds. LucasArts has been "on the way out" for quite some time. They don't really have the experience/ability to put something out like an MMO, so SWTOR doesn't really compete with anything they could have likely done themselves. Disney is a different kettle of fish. They're already IN the MMO space. They're quite capable of doing their OWN StarWars MMO. So if SWTOR fails, it would likely make any SW MMO THEY make far more profitable.

I'm right there with you. I would prefer that they do what Peter Jackson did with LOTR: make movie adaptations of the novels. That way we get more movies, but the novels/games/comics remain the same. I would be fine if they made a movie in a time period that is unexplored.

Jackson adapted LOTR because it is some of the best high fantasy ever written. It deserved to be on film. The EU is... well... not of that caliber. The fact is that the movies are the basis for all Star Wars canon. The books are adapted from the movies, not the other way around.

Jackson adapted LOTR because it is some of the best high fantasy ever written. It deserved to be on film. The EU is... well... not of that caliber. The fact is that the movies are the basis for all Star Wars canon. The books are adapted from the movies, not the other way around.

My point is that they could make movie adaptations of the novels. When the Lord of the Rings movies came out, more people got interested in the fantasy, which led to more people reading the books. If Star Wars did that, the number of people reading the novels would increase greatly. Which means more money.

I understand that some of the books are not cinema worthy, due to certain issues. And I see your point.

My point is that they could make movie adaptations of the novels. When the Lord of the Rings movies came out, more people got interested in the fantasy, which led to more people reading the books. If Star Wars did that, the number of people reading the novels would increase greatly. Which means more money.

I understand that some of the books are not cinema worthy, due to certain issues. And I see your point.

I don't doubt that there are good stories out there, and I'd be shocked if the new movies didn't borrow some of the themes or even characters. I just wouldn't get my hopes up for a real adaptation.

I'd personally rather them stay separate, because one of the things Star Wars fans are known for is that they're not easy to please. Even if they did try to adapt the EU stories most people still wouldn't be happy with it. Let the novels and the movies operate independently of each other.

Edited by VicSkimmr

I don't doubt that there are good stories out there, and I'd be shocked if the new movies didn't borrow some of the themes or even characters. I just wouldn't get my hopes up for a real adaptation.

I'd personally rather them stay separate, because one of the things Star Wars fans are known for is that they're not easy to please. Even if they did try to adapt the EU stories most people still wouldn't be happy with it. Let the novels and the movies operate independently of each other.

That's probably the best thing to do. Star Wars fans are not easy to please and I think having the novels and new movies take up a seperate continuity is the best thing to do. That way we get our movies and keep the EU as we know it intact.