Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Focused Defense a joke now

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Focused Defense a joke now

BallisticKaine
06.11.2014 , 09:22 AM | #1
I understand that at the 40sec use it made it a godlike power. (PvP whiners) But now for 10sec use and 2min cool down it just serves no purpose what so ever. At least make it 20sec and reduce the cool down to like 1 or 1.3min. Please devs really thing about the whole and not just the few regarding things like this.

Vodrin
06.11.2014 , 09:34 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by BallisticKaine View Post
I understand that at the 40sec use it made it a godlike power. (PvP whiners) But now for 10sec use and 2min cool down it just serves no purpose what so ever. At least make it 20sec and reduce the cool down to like 1 or 1.3min. Please devs really thing about the whole and not just the few regarding things like this.
It is still extremely powerful in it's current form. If anything it may need further reducing of it's effectiveness.

iacon
06.11.2014 , 05:48 PM | #3
10 seconds with a 2 minute CD is pathetic. Instead of catering to whining babies by nerfing guardian abilities that are finally decently useful and moving things around to stupid places (*cough* making challenging call a threat dump), how about dealing with the healers that are still way OP for their own good?
Do ... or do not. There is no try.

And what the heck, might as well include a referral link, too
http://www.swtor.com/r/JPNT3j

Gyronamics
06.11.2014 , 06:59 PM | #4
Such a joke

It now punishes lazy users who would press it any old time and rely on the healing buffs lasting half a minute to effectively double their health instead of using it as a DCD.

When used as a DCD it's lost nothing.
Hotwired

Niman, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, The Red Eclipse, Darth Malgus

2011 - The Immortals, The Lumberjacks, Nano, Not Good Enough, Disciples of Babylon, Salt Miners - 2018

E-Zekiel
06.11.2014 , 08:14 PM | #5
It's still very effective - to call it crappy/ineffective/a joke is disingenuous. I do feel they overdid it slightly though. Need to up it to probably like 13-15 seconds imo.

translucentwolf
06.14.2014 , 12:03 AM | #6
10 seconds is an appropriate amount of time for a dcd to last. Compare to the dcd's other classes have.
That which does not kill you merely postpones the inevitable.

Dayshadow
06.14.2014 , 12:34 AM | #7
What next? Should my sniper's Entrench just be the normal attribute of cover? Maybe Ambush should fire instantly and have a 3 sec CD and refund 12 energy. How about each shot of series of shots knock the target back 5 meters and give snipers 50m range for 10 secs following series of shots. Sounds great, right? Then series of shots will be useful.... /rolleyes
SWTOR gameplay edited like a television series

ReclaimerDonar
06.14.2014 , 03:10 AM | #8
You got to be kidding me man. Learn to play.
The Darsten Legacy

JouerTue
06.14.2014 , 03:53 AM | #9
on draxus Nim with dispatchers channeling on me and a grenade it worked fine even with 10 sec duration, and about pvp, no more pop it and walk around healing yourself for half an arena

Prototypemind
06.14.2014 , 05:03 AM | #10
Yep, it's a joke. One of the few classes capable of using protection like this even while stunned and you're complaining. Enjoy it for the gift that it still is.