vigilance gearing

Akirohome

why so low alacrity thought 1200 would be a good spot ?

Essentially, for melee DPS, Alacrity is only really beneficial at certain thresholds. You can only shave off attack time in .1 second increments, and the game rounds up. So you need either enough Alacrity to get yourself down to 1.39 (makes all your attacks take 1.4 seconds) or 1.29 (makes them take 1.3 seconds). Those thresholds are at, IIRC, ~710 Alacrity or ~1860 Alacrity. Being at 1200, you've got around 500 points that are getting "wasted" because they don't let you attack any faster.

thanks for the explanation was a huge help

No problem. I should probably also add that this only applies to classes that use the GCD for their attacks. On a ranged damage class, Alacrity still works in small increments, and so it is much more useful to balance stats a bit more.

9/10 of the Vengeance Juggs top 10 parse list have a high alacrity build, but one of them is using a low alacrity build.

This means a low alacrity build can match up to high alacrity while having better burst and PvP viability (since high alacrity is pretty bad in PvP).

So I personally went with low alacrity on my Vengeance Juggernaut and Vigilance Guardian. It also works better with Focus/Rage because you want to maximize your burst.

Edited by Eli_Porter

9/10 of the Vengeance Juggs top 10 parse list have a high alacrity build, but one of them is using a low alacrity build.

This means a low alacrity build can match up to high alacrity while having better burst and PvP viability (since high alacrity is pretty bad in PvP).

So I personally went with low alacrity on my Vengeance Juggernaut and Vigilance Guardian. It also works better with Focus/Rage because you want to maximize your burst.

i also using low alacrity around 845 ala for rage and i like it since i need my burst and high alacrity benefit high uptime while as a melee it is quite difficult due to stuns and knockbacks so better of with bigger burst