7 Flashpoints in a Row, no Drops

So my friends and I have been running 50 Flashpoints since the new update to get some good gear to do Heroics. And it seems that my friend who plays a Sith Inquisitor, hasn't had a single drop at all, no green, no blues, no Purples, no nothing. It's hard to believe that gear that drops for level 50 Flashpoints is going to help the party when my friend isn't getting anything close to the gear he needs, it's past the point of bad luck and I'm wondering if he's not the only one alone in this seeing everyone else in our group has 5 new gear since this update. So please is anyone having this problem or is my friend really that unlucky?

7 FPs, 3 proper bosses each... 0.2% chance of any one individual not getting any loot from them. If you take it up to the group level then there is almost a 1% chance that one member of your group will not get any proper loot from 7 consecutive FPs. Considering the number of flashpoints that get run, multiple groups a day experience streaks on this scale.

Our Guild-Leader/Gunslinger seems to cause 90% smuggler drops. We've gotten to the point we exclude him from HMs just so the rest of us can possibly get gear. Sadly there isn't much we need, but every time we do Lost Island the Rakatta smuggler chest drops. To tell you the truth? Everyone with a cunning healer in our guild has full Rakatta on them, even if they're running in a mix of lower gear themselves.

So my friends and I have been running 50 Flashpoints since the new update to get some good gear to do Heroics. And it seems that my friend who plays a Sith Inquisitor, hasn't had a single drop at all, no green, no blues, no Purples, no nothing. It's hard to believe that gear that drops for level 50 Flashpoints is going to help the party when my friend isn't getting anything close to the gear he needs, it's past the point of bad luck and I'm wondering if he's not the only one alone in this seeing everyone else in our group has 5 new gear since this update. So please is anyone having this problem or is my friend really that unlucky?

You reckon that is bad? I had to do 17 HM Battle of Illum's to get my columni offhand for my jugg. Welcome to the random loot system my friend :)

You reckon that is bad? I had to do 17 HM Battle of Illum's to get my columni offhand for my jugg. Welcome to the random loot system my friend :)

Ugh, don't remind me. I was stuck with my faithful Tionese offhand right up until Black Hole gear was introduced.

or just do what I am doing on my powertech atm.

1x PT Tank

1x PT DPS

1x Merc DPS

1x Merc Healer

we are just starting HM FP's, we will all be in full columi by the end of the week.

Especially seeing as after we do 1 random FP, we can choose the ones we want to farm til we all have the gear we need.

Why are you grinding HM FPs for columi gear? You can do the SM Ops in Recruit Gear and harvest a couple pieces from each. I know because I've had people in my group who did SM and HM in that gimme set. I made my rakata belt and bracers with synthweaving, did dailies for my rakata earpieces and just jumped into Op groups that were spamming on fleet. In my first Op I received 3 columi pieces and the speeder just random rolling.

So really, if you want to grind a flashpoint 12 times hoping to get that elusive offhand you're just silly.

Our Guild-Leader/Gunslinger seems to cause 90% smuggler drops. We've gotten to the point we exclude him from HMs just so the rest of us can possibly get gear. Sadly there isn't much we need, but every time we do Lost Island the Rakatta smuggler chest drops. To tell you the truth? Everyone with a cunning healer in our guild has full Rakatta on them, even if they're running in a mix of lower gear themselves.

That may have to do with the fact that smugglers are the least played class on most servers. they are slowly becoming more popular as alts. In the Course of 1 EV and 1 KP run I managed to get everything but my boots and my belt for my columi and rakatta set. it drops and often times even in Pug's I'm the only Smuggler

Why are you grinding HM FPs for columi gear? You can do the SM Ops in Recruit Gear and harvest a couple pieces from each. I know because I've had people in my group who did SM and HM in that gimme set. I made my rakata belt and bracers with synthweaving, did dailies for my rakata earpieces and just jumped into Op groups that were spamming on fleet. In my first Op I received 3 columi pieces and the speeder just random rolling.

So really, if you want to grind a flashpoint 12 times hoping to get that elusive offhand you're just silly.

not everyone has the time nor the guild numbers to do story ops. lfg on these are hit and miss with mostly miss as on a raid night when people are going harder content on their mains. also there is more competition on rolls this way if something does drop. getting three pieces in one night is great except for the other people whom you rolled against and got nothing.

I will say this - the 'random' (not) generator seems to excessively favor those who are in the minority class. For just one of MANY examples, we ran Karagga's Palace with 7 Consulars and a Trooper and the Consulars got 3 drops total. All of us, including me running the operation, became increasingly angry with the trooper as it went on and it wasn't his fault - it's the coding. Bioware has consistently shirked responsibility for things and played their words carefully, so I really don't believe them when they say anything close to it being fair.

By the way, what internet bully told you guys to start putting 'apostrophe s' on the end of words (and abbreviations) to make them plural? Tell me so I can stick a lightsaber in both ends (not end's).