I am a fan of bolster (sub -55)

Trimethicon

I have not PVP'd at 55 yet, but I have PVP'd quite a bit between 10-29/30-54. And I love bolster. Before in a WZ if you got attacked by someone higher level then you, most of the time, you were going to come up on the short end. I'm not a fan of gear based PVP games. I have enjoyed PVP'ing in Guild Wars 2 and SWTOR because gear is less important, and now I can equip gear based on looks/appearance, rather then constantly chasing the next tier, etc.

I feel bad for people that may have spent weeks, months, getting their PVP gear, to only see that gear get marginalized by bolster. But Bioware must have some type of internal metric that is showing them that people are PVP'ing more now then before, because I don't see it going anywhere, anytime soon, and for that I am glad.

Edited by Trimethicon

I have not PVP'd at 55 yet, but I have PVP'd quite a bit between 10-29/30-54. And I love bolster. Before in a WZ if you got attacked by someone higher level then you, most of the time, you were going to come up on the short end. I'm not a fan of gear based PVP games. I have enjoyed PVP'ing in Guild Wars 2 and SWTOR because gear is less important, and now I can equip gear based on looks/appearance, rather then constantly chasing the next tier, etc.

I feel bad for people that may have spent weeks, months, getting their PVP gear, to only see that gear get marginalized by bolster. But Bioware must have some type of internal metric that is showing them that people are PVP'ing more now then before, because I don't see it going anywhere, anytime soon, and for that I am glad.

I have a lot of respect for this post, but I'm just not quite sure if bolster is the happy medium for the hardcore pvp players that put in a lot of time and effort to gear up. Personally, I wish bolster would be thrown out and another recruit type gear would be released for people who hit 55. I actually wouldn't mind bolster 1-54.. I just don't think it makes a lot of sense at 55.

Edited by GloverJD

I agree Bolster is great for pre55 WZ's

but don't relay make any sens in 55+ imho

beside the bolster of mh/oh so ppl cant benefit from using

high end PVE gear for more force/tech power (due to the lvl gab of the 2)

but that can be change in the gear it self instead of bolster