Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Option to solo OPS quest with A.I. group

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Option to solo OPS quest with A.I. group

Kraysk
09.14.2019 , 07:25 AM | #21
Solo players (and BW listening to them) already ruined this game and brought it to it's current state (dead).
Can we just get rid of solo players instead?
There is no passion…there is solely obsession.
There is no knowledge. There is solely conviction.
There is no purpose. There is solely will.
There is nothing… Only me. - Darth Ruin

TonyTricicolo
09.14.2019 , 07:34 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Kraysk View Post
Solo players (and BW listening to them) already ruined this game and brought it to it's current state (dead).
Can we just get rid of solo players instead?
Did you finish your class story by your self? Everyone is a solo player at one point or another. Solo players didn't ruin the game. I'm willing to gather a lot of day 1ers are solo players. Day 1ers who are still here supporting the game. Just like everyone else that supports the game. This is a star wars game. It attracts many people that enjoy the story. Including RPers, decorators, raiders, and pvpers.
TONY NOVA SWTOR Shadowlands/Star Forge
-STRYDER- SWG Sunrunner/SWGLegends
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vNnj3G

Batwer
09.14.2019 , 11:24 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyTricicolo View Post
The problem is Bioware tends to conclude their story lines with operations. Operations should and would remain end content. They will still require a group to complete. They will still pay out accordingly. If there is story content involved, giving a solo player an option to run it without gaining any rewards one would get as if running it with a group gives them the opportunity to experience it at their own pace. Raiders still get all their benefits and lose none. Soloist still get all their benefits and lose none.
Only Oricon ends in an OP. (I'm still waiting for an option for solo players) Everything else ends up in a story FP.
I often play solo too. But I am against a solo OP. The ops are for groups, so it should be. Give us a solo option for Oricon and I'm satisfied.
You! Yes, exactly you! Click me:
http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6

TonyTricicolo
09.14.2019 , 11:55 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Batwer View Post
Only Oricon ends in an OP. (I'm still waiting for an option for solo players) Everything else ends up in a story FP.
I often play solo too. But I am against a solo OP. The ops are for groups, so it should be. Give us a solo option for Oricon and I'm satisfied.
I'm just trying to narrow it down. Why should operations only be for groups? What specifically? The mechanics, right? Objectives requiring multiple people doing multiple things. They can be adjusted for a single person. Remember the Section X H4 that required the team to click things simultaneously? They changed it. So theoretically you can adjust mechanics from a multi-person into a singular person instance. Other than that, what? Difficulty, challenge, loot? That can be scaled down. This, if implemented, can open up a whole avenue for content. Operations can be for both hard core progression groups wanting the best gear from doing the hardest content AND for the solo player accompanied by jesus droid and a companion.

Raansu
09.14.2019 , 01:15 PM | #25
I'm just trying to narrow it down. Why should operations only be for groups? What specifically? The mechanics, right? Objectives requiring multiple people doing multiple things. They can be adjusted for a single person. Remember the Section X H4 that required the team to click things simultaneously? They changed it. So theoretically you can adjust mechanics from a multi-person into a singular person instance. Other than that, what? Difficulty, challenge, loot? That can be scaled down. This, if implemented, can open up a whole avenue for content. Operations can be for both hard core progression groups wanting the best gear from doing the hardest content AND for the solo player accompanied by jesus droid and a companion.
I was against Section X H4 being changed and if they ever do a solo OP it better drop absolutely nothing.

TonyTricicolo
09.14.2019 , 02:22 PM | #26
Yea, but that was a good change. Sec X became a ghost town over time. Streamlining it to a solo heroic made it accessible to more people. As far as drops on a solo operation. Consider it like a solo flashpoint. What do they drop? Xp, renown currency, meager amount of credits, and a decoration. The payout can be slightly larger than a solo Fp but way smaller than a SM GF Operation. Nothing to get all Jelly about. The real loot of course would be from group Operations. No one wants to take away the pride and accomplishment from running Ops. I fear that, mistakenly, people think that's my intention. Not at all. Group ops should always drop paramount stuff.

Raansu
09.14.2019 , 03:04 PM | #27
Yea, but that was a good change. Sec X became a ghost town over time. Streamlining it to a solo heroic made it accessible to more people. As far as drops on a solo operation. Consider it like a solo flashpoint. What do they drop? Xp, renown currency, meager amount of credits, and a decoration. The payout can be slightly larger than a solo Fp but way smaller than a SM GF Operation. Nothing to get all Jelly about. The real loot of course would be from group Operations. No one wants to take away the pride and accomplishment from running Ops. I fear that, mistakenly, people think that's my intention. Not at all. Group ops should always drop paramount stuff.
Doesn't matter what your point is. This game is an MMO and group focus should be the priority. I hate the solo focus mmo's have taken over the years. Back in the day older mmo's you had to be in a group just to level up. Now a days no one socializes anymore outside of guilds. MMO's need to go back to being mmo's. Its why WoW classic is so popular right now. Game was actually hard and you had to group up to do a lot of the content unlike the snooze fest that is solo WoW now.

TonyTricicolo
09.14.2019 , 03:14 PM | #28
MMOs evolve over time. Companies cater to the casual now. The old times of running Ops like we used to 15 yrs ago is gone. You may not like what I posted or what my point is but I'm sure those who've read through what I've said can see the attempt I'm making.

And not once did I mention taking away anything from group element.

Raansu
09.14.2019 , 03:59 PM | #29
MMOs evolve over time. Companies cater to the casual now. The old times of running Ops like we used to 15 yrs ago is gone. You may not like what I posted or what my point is but I'm sure those who've read through what I've said can see the attempt I'm making.

And not once did I mention taking away anything from group element.
Right, that's why when swtor decided to focus on solo play it nearly killed the game due to not having any kind of end game for 2 years? And I guess we're just imagining WoW classic actually having more active players than retail WoW atm?

TonyTricicolo
09.14.2019 , 04:56 PM | #30
If Swtor Shoulda Coulda Woulda....we'd be more like WoW. I get it. It's the standard to what most people think of a successful MMO. We can take some pointers from them but not at the extent of the solo player. The solo part of this game is it's core. Make no mistake about that. Everything else is clearly an afterthought. Some people hate that and some love it. That makes this game have a very unique niche. It's both group and solo at the same time. It's not the solo part that killed this game, it's the mismanagement and lack of direction. If they would have went entirely Group content focused they would have alienated all the solo players. Solo players pay money just as much as group players do. This is what we are dealing with. I'm not against group content. I love it. In fact, I love it just as much as solo content. This game, due to it's split of group vs solo, makes it offer so much to so many different people. Take that for what it's worth.