Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Option to solo OPS quest with A.I. group

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Option to solo OPS quest with A.I. group

Raansu
09.19.2019 , 07:05 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by AlphaAdoms View Post
All honesty finding teams for operations comes down to your lucky on timing that others happen to be doing it or your in a guild and you have schedules, I like the possibility of being able to do an operation whenever you want, but I donít know the direction that this would be viewed good or bad, it may be hard to script or have the companions function in a certain way when fighting specific bosses that require some courses of action that they might not be able to handle. Honestly I was thinking about this the other day and I think when doing a 8 player operation if you canít get 8 people and say you have 4 players then everyone can take out one companion, that may work same method for 16 player operation if you have 8 players then everyone can take out one companion. I definitely support this idea and would like to see something like it come along.
Sit on the fleet for 5 minutes. I promise you that you will find someone in chat building a OPs group.

Monumenta
09.19.2019 , 01:03 PM | #42
why not solo pvp as well?

DarkGruffalo
09.19.2019 , 02:26 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Monumenta View Post
why not solo pvp as well?
this is the best idea I've ever heard, although with my luck i'd still be stuck in a crap team
Feel free to use this, free stuff for both, etc, etc, etc, yadda, yadda, yadda , or yaddle maybe

http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

recalcitrantIre
09.20.2019 , 01:17 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyTricicolo View Post
They can be adjusted for a single person.
the only actual way to adjust some operations mechanics for a single player would be to remove them entirely
Quote:
Remember the Section X H4 that required the team to click things simultaneously?
thanks for proving my point lol

lawfig
09.23.2019 , 02:37 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyTricicolo View Post
Nonsense. What the op is asking for a lot of people want. Saying " just join a group, this is a MMO after all " does not give solo players an option. PUGs formed for operations speed run through objectives, spacebar through cutscenes, and are quick to kick those who aren't. A solo player joining a PUG will have a ruined experience which further makes them never want to join a group again. Granted, past operations have mechanics that require more than one person to complete. They are too far along to get changed. However, future operations can and should have a solo mode. For the health of this game, compromises can be made. Remember, this isn't your traditional mmo. A lot of it revolves around the single player.
I agree 100%. I don't mind joining group, but unfortunately I've had some very negative group interactions just because they are new flashpoints to me or ops. I don't appreciate the attitude of those who never solo and don't want to, that's fine if that's what they prefer. But unfortuntately OPS players and hard core PVPers tend to be pretty rude. I respect their right to play the game their way, I expect the same respect back. It doesn't happen. I've wanted to play some of the later ops because the seem important to the storyline, but I've found unless you are hard core ops you aren't very welcome.

olusiek
09.23.2019 , 04:45 PM | #46
I Honestly agree to everything TonyTricicolo said. It wouldn't hurt to give us the ability to run this solo, like flashpoints, but with adjustments. And by that I mean small or none rewards, other than credits and some common drops. Weaker environment, Istead of summoning other players allow us to use our companions. If you want to tryhard to get some amazing drop from an even better boss battle be my guest, do it, gather other players and run it that way.

It wouldn't hurt your hard work you put in these ops before, and it won't hurt the work you're about to put in it the next time you run it. As it was mentioned before We don't want OPS to be run solo as if we run it with a team, we just want the story behind it. Save your gear, save your loot for yourselves. I just want to know what happens after I did all those missions on let's say Oricon.

This way everyone will be happy. Or at least most of us.

Raansu
09.24.2019 , 06:56 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by olusiek View Post
I Honestly agree to everything TonyTricicolo said. It wouldn't hurt to give us the ability to run this solo, like flashpoints, but with adjustments. And by that I mean small or none rewards, other than credits and some common drops. Weaker environment, Istead of summoning other players allow us to use our companions. If you want to tryhard to get some amazing drop from an even better boss battle be my guest, do it, gather other players and run it that way.

It wouldn't hurt your hard work you put in these ops before, and it won't hurt the work you're about to put in it the next time you run it. As it was mentioned before We don't want OPS to be run solo as if we run it with a team, we just want the story behind it. Save your gear, save your loot for yourselves. I just want to know what happens after I did all those missions on let's say Oricon.

This way everyone will be happy. Or at least most of us.
That's what story mode is for.

olusiek
09.24.2019 , 09:09 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
That's what story mode is for.
Yeah story, which is also in OPS unavailable to players who just want to experience.

ZIMMOZMAN
09.24.2019 , 10:36 AM | #49
Please don't take this suggestion seriously. Blizzard spent a whole expac cycle working on AI for the expacs main feature and it flopped hard when they could of put that dev time into content. Bioware has limited resources and a tiny dev team compared to other mmo's please don't try to nudge their direction into something that would be a total waste of time.

They designed the story of this game, so you don't have to do the operations content to know the full story.
I FEEL A DISTURBANCE IN THE FORCE

casirabit
09.24.2019 , 10:49 AM | #50
Quote:
ZIMMOZMAN;9766077
They designed the story of this game, so you don't have to do the operations content to know the full stor
y.

That is true in most of the operations, but not so with the Oricon story line. If you don't have the chance to do the op on that you have no idea how the story ends. The mission on Oricon just leaves you in limbo unless you can find some people to take those that want the story through and unfortunately even with story mode we have groups of people that demand this or that and refuse to help a new player or a person that doesn't do much operations through the story mode for that operation.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121