KP Farming

mvjor

HI there,

I have seen when KP farming was here and when it wasn't. I have also played alot of MMo's and just video games in general. There is two trains of thought here KP sucks and should be gone as its cheating(which its not) and the other thought KP is good.

Can we not agree a fundamental part of anything is grinding or farming especially in MMO's. Ppl will play FP's particularly HAmmer station and will even quit when loaded if its not hammer station and half your group has gone before you even started. This is just a form of farming. Ppl will play black talon and farm social points continuously.

Farming has and will always be part of any game. Yes, when KP was around there was alot of chat for it but not to the point of the BS that gets talked on gen chat now as it is. It wasn't spammed as much as ppl BS politics on the chat.

KP has presented what is missing in this game and thats an endless wave mode of hordes of mobs to kill, ppl actually played as group during KP more so then i have seen playing MM fp's or even ops. PPl enjoy killing high level mobs in big groups. Look at many of the MMO's with 25-40 man raids these are done because its end game and ppl enjoy being in big froupds chewing done mobs and bosses. OPS fail in comparision to other MMO's endgame content. Hell even destiny has 10 wave mode.

About 1hr aftert the latest KP patch was done i went one to see if anyone wanted to run OP's or MM"s and again no response then you go to the activity finder and i can wait up to an hour to find an OP's or MM taking KP didn't make other players available for these as they were all to busy doing the slow grind of CQ. you could of made the mobs in KP offer less CQ points and it would have not fixed it, ppl still will clear the mobs left in there and still get 12k a run instead of the 28k is was previously.

The ppl who didn't like KP farm weren't doing endgame activities either if I am waiting an hour for an ops or an MM just like it was KP. Most ppl queue for VET FP's that's it and that's not even endgame content. The number of times I have done a VET FP only to have ppl whine because i am killing mobs instead just running the quickest by sneaking past mobs or even entire sections on the FP its a joke, these aren't even endgame and ppl are acting like its hard content.

KP farming wasn't about easy CQ points ever, yes it gives very active guilds insane amount of points but even now the Sanctuary are sitting at 30mil CQ points, so obviously this KP patch didn't fix the issues of insane CQ points did it? Instead of an 800,000 CQ pts you could have gotten in a day it's down to about 200k. KP was about mowing throw high-level mobs in big groups, even OPs aren't like this as there is either a big gap of running to the next objective. I can't believe the whinging and whining done about KP firstly it was PVE content it didn't affect any other player is i was to KP farm all day, but that you should just ban or nerf VET FP's for ppl who farm them all day or even farm PVP.

It made ppl play your game and again it must show that there is something missing is players will just KP for the there entire day of play.

Heroics are useless for anyone over 65 the gear drops are useless and the cash is low. I have 200 heroics crates i haven't opened cause they're annoying to go and get unlocked firstly and then they provide me with items that i just sell to vendors, its literally just credits for heroics after LVL 65. Heroics are just pathetic i can burn through them with a stealth character its a joke, i literally have stopped doing them because of the other nothing to me and I'm sure I'm not the only one. After i have gotten all the alliance ppl to level 20 i should be able to open those locked boxes anywhere now i have to go back to odessen then 4 diff rooms its boring and annoying. Heroics are just time-wasters with no real value to them.

The endgame is so non-existent it's not funny, even organising WB runs is a pain and can gain waste more time then they are worth. Most groups run all the WB's up to Trap Jaw then that's it because its to hard to get the numbers to do other bosses. KP farming didn't make it so there was more ppl available for other content at all. I have participated in many large raids in other MMO's and even then they weren't hard to organise because they happened every hour not like some WB's spawn time is 12hrs long that's a joke and ppl don't want to have 1 chance at it.

Bring back KP seriously it wasn't about the points at all not to me anyway it was more fun working as team to trash those mobs over and over. If ppl are willing to run that over and over but no do your MM FP's over and over then what is that telling you? MOstly because you will get jack asses LVL 75 with a 260 GS wanting to be carried, how about you make it so only 300+ GS can enter MM FP's that way ppl aren't wasting their time waiting for a group then only to play with some low-level PUG who wrecks it for 3 other ppl.

I agree with a lot of things you say. I joined yesterday a 16m SnV run. It took nearly an hour and I got 30k something CQ points with full SH bonus. If I had put the same time into KP farm (before it was nerfed), I would have capped two characters. I should be able to cap a toon with one full operation. 30k is a bad joke.

Flashpoints then... if I have to pug, I always q both veteran and MM, but as a dps MM never pops, and I'm not interested in tanking or healing with pugs. When the veteran mode finally pops, half of the players are low level, and sorry, but with the amount of grinding now, I'm not interested in carrying them, when it would be easier to solo with a companion. Most low level players can't even renegerate HP between pulls, instead they rush in first and die, leaving others to deal with the mess they made. Pass.

If I get lucky and group has more high level players than lowbies, and I'll accept, 95% of the times it's HS, and I'm sick and tired of HS. Not only the players who farm it are really bad, they are incredibly toxic as well. Pass.

I might swap a character and q again, but it's usually HS again, and I'll need to swap character again. So yes, group finder is ruined, and it happened a lot faster than I expected.

I'd suggest a couple of things:

1. Bring back KP farm (for those who want to cap fast and then play whatever they enjoy playing)

2. Remove lockout timer from GF flashpoints (make it equal with pvp) OR change the reward system so that we get the same rewards from selecting all or selecting only a few flashpoints from group finder. Less insta quits, and jerks wouldn't be able to ruin everyone else's game with farming HS.

Edited by DeannaVoyager