Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PTS conquest changes are disasterous

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
PTS conquest changes are disasterous

ceryxp's Avatar


ceryxp
10.17.2019 , 04:07 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by ShinLunaAzure View Post
Aaaand musco sprung it on us that for this week we have to hit the NEW GOALS with the OLD points values. And our cxp bonus perk is going to give a quarter of the benefit it did pre-6.0
For context.

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey all!

Some good reminders in here already so I thought I would tack on a few reminders as well. Most of these are known already but good to get them in one place ahead of Onslaught's launch next week.
  • Galactic Command Rank is resetting to 0 for all characters.
  • The Achievements for earning Command Rank 300 on Classes will become Feats of Strength with Onslaught's launch.
  • Numerous currencies are being converted to credits at a low rate. Command Point Consumables, Alliance Recon Data, Command Tokens, Command Gear Pieces, and Unassembled Components.
  • All utilities will be reset on launch day so be sure to spend your points when you login.
  • All set bonuses are now on item shells instead of armorings, this change is retroactive.
  • Conquest Guild Targets for this week's Conquest will be judged against the NEW values, not the existing ones. You will also receive NEW Guild rewards for completing them. This has no effect on Personal Conquests.
  • No reason to stockpile Command Crates either as they will not convert into Renown crates and Command Tokens will become credits.
  • All Legacy Perks for GC will now affect Renown. The Commanding Legacy Perk has been adjusted, it no longer stacks but is a 25% increase for Renown gain across the Legacy.

Thanks all!

-eric
This post just freed up hours of my time since I can now completely ignore conquest for the week.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

kjarnage's Avatar


kjarnage
10.17.2019 , 04:54 PM | #42
Smaller guilds are really really worried. First a lot of players are not at 150% conquest bonus. Opening all the strongholds costs a lot of credits. For them 15k is hard especially as a casual player. I wonder how many guilds are just barely making 175k.

A full guild ship expansion cost about 2.5B on the gtn is that going to be 5B. If small guilds have trouble making conquest the plan costs will double to 2M and frames to 100M on the gtn. Larger guilds are already farming for credits and conquest points. Make DvL bosses drop encryptions? Make encryptions craftable again?

Vender mats are already cheap check the gtn prices for value players are willing to pay.

Need perks for small and less active guilds. Perks are geared to very active and large guilds. Makes me wonder how many perks slots are unused by smaller guilds.

xXSistros's Avatar


xXSistros
10.17.2019 , 05:39 PM | #43
So do I get this right, You get the new 6.0 guild reward if you now hit the 6.0 personal conquest, which was 50000 I think, and your guild hast to reach it (what was the target for the big reward?), too?

Calwred's Avatar


Calwred
10.17.2019 , 07:23 PM | #44
lol, all these people saying the new small, med, large are all easily to obtain, perhaps the ones with the large conquest driven guilds will be, my guild does medium yield and has done 1.8 million in points once we mostly get between 600k and 800k a week and we will have to change from medium yield to small. 50k for personal, lol to get the points for the medium yield right now, many of our guild does multiple alts, but now, we may have to cut the number of alts we do a week, to perhaps 2 or 3. I have gotten 10 to 12 alts at times to help my guild reach goal, but now 3 might be my new max.

People have always said this was easy and that as easy, someone once said you could go from lvl 1 to 50 in about 8 to 10 hours, another said you can make 20 - 40 mil a night on the gtn by crafting, it perhaps can be done, but not by me.


And now they saying that 50k is easy to get for a alt, I sometimes do heroics so I can get the rampage points, plus points for the heroic, but with galactic rampage gone it will be harder to get and I do minor pvp, but not much, I mostly get my points by doing rampages and heroics, as well as getting a wb or 2.


if the raising of points is supposed to stop the larger conquest guilds as someone said in this forum, it will not I have seen large guilds with 12 to 20 mil conquest points in large yield, and it seems that unless you have a guild of active conquest alts, don't worry about getting the new armor and such, because it might be beyond your reach
Refer a friend www.swtor.com/r/L5fXHX

Calwred's Avatar


Calwred
10.17.2019 , 07:25 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by xXSistros View Post
So do I get this right, You get the new 6.0 guild reward if you now hit the 6.0 personal conquest, which was 50000 I think, and your guild hast to reach it (what was the target for the big reward?), too?
the conquest points would have to be raised for me to get anywhere like 50k personal, in one night when I am on for about 3 to 4 hours, if not it will take me days to do so.
Refer a friend www.swtor.com/r/L5fXHX

Hawkebatt's Avatar


Hawkebatt
10.17.2019 , 08:50 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey all!

Some good reminders in here already so I thought I would tack on a few reminders as well. Most of these are known already but good to get them in one place ahead of Onslaught's launch next week.
  • Galactic Command Rank is resetting to 0 for all characters.
  • This was expected as you want everyone to be one the same level.

    Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
  • The Achievements for earning Command Rank 300 on Classes will become Feats of Strength with Onslaught's launch.
This was also expected.

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
  • Numerous currencies are being converted to credits at a low rate. Command Point Consumables, Alliance Recon Data, Command Tokens, Command Gear Pieces, and Unassembled Components.(from second post) Masterwork and Monumental Crystals will both be going away / converted to credits. The intention is that those vendors on Ossus will change to selling their items for credits. There is a known issue at launch where they are still requiring the currency which we will fix in our next patch.
  • "converted to credits at a low rate" Now this is normal BW cheap Expected, surprised for you to admit it. What do you mean known issue at launch if the new expac has not even launched yet? You know you are launching a broken 6.0?

    Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
  • All utilities will be reset on launch day so be sure to spend your points when you login.
  • Expected as the way the utilities were set up changes. Nothing new here.

    Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
  • All set bonuses are now on item shells instead of armorings, this change is retroactive.
  • Really wondering on this as I have a 216 set that when I was on the pts did not convert over properly to show that there was a set bonus originally on the gear. I am sure some still use level fifty skins that had the set bonuses as well. Really a disappointment if this does not work right. Bad enough I lose my set bonus that I have had for years to then lose it on the set I first earned it on.

    Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
  • Conquest Guild Targets for this week's Conquest will be judged against the NEW values, not the existing ones. You will also receive NEW Guild rewards for completing them. This has no effect on Personal Conquests. (from second post) My understanding is that you become eligible for the Guild Reward when you complete your personal reward, meaning that would track against you completing your 15K number.
  • So no one in a guild that does not get the new guild target level will get a conquest guild reward and then if they do the toon most likely will have to have had the 50k points as well. So this is is going to upset everyone even before they can even do the first quest. Yup I want my rewards I don't care if it is the old type reward or the new. What do you mean by "track against you?"

    Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
  • No reason to stockpile Command Crates either as they will not convert into Renown crates and Command Tokens will become credits.
  • This is expected. Spend you command token on anything you can as they will give you pennies for what you have.

    Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
  • All Legacy Perks for GC will now affect Renown. The Commanding Legacy Perk has been adjusted, it no longer stacks but is a 25% increase for Renown gain across the Legacy.
  • I earned the 100% but then again it is so much like you to steal what does not really affect you at all. You think I care whether I get anything in this new expac? You just make it harder and harder to do things going form 5000 to 160000 to gain a crate and then take away the bonuses we worked for to get things faster. We did the work you need to leave the perk alone. Stop stealing when it does not affect the game and only gains you negativity. I expected that you would be cheap on converting all the current in game currencies, but frankly my dear you sure know how to show your Bogart.

    Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

    Thanks all!

    -eric
    I really hope your cust service team is ready for the storm of complaints that it is about to receive on top of all the other complaints as they witness what you did to the game. There is going to be shock on top of shock. I have had my shock since I was on PTS, but how many people really tested out the PTS? 1 percent?
    Emotion, yet Peace. Ignorance, yet Knowledge. Passion, yet Serenity.

    Chaos, Yet Harmony. Death, yet the Force. Contemplation, yet Duty.

    Toraak's Avatar


    Toraak
    10.18.2019 , 03:39 AM | #47
    Quote: Originally Posted by ShinLunaAzure View Post
    Aaaand musco sprung it on us that for this week we have to hit the NEW GOALS with the OLD points values. And our cxp bonus perk is going to give a quarter of the benefit it did pre-6.0
    We knew ahead of time the CXP bonus would only be 25% from the perk. They told us that awhile back in one of the streams. But yeah they should have announced the conq thing for this week before we picked the planets on tuesday. That should have been announced on Monday at the latest.
    Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P