When will cartel market companions be fixed?

Caelrie

I thought there was a message about this in 4.3, but I guess I was wrong.

I own the nexu and the personal warbot, and yesterday I did some rudimentary tests to see if their DPS had been fixed. I believe there's some bug that gives them force bonus damage or something instead of tech, when none of them actually have force-based attacks.

Anyway, on identical groups of mobs, with identical influence levels (Kaliyo and Xalek were my controls), they routinely took 2.2 times longer to kill targets than Kaliyo/Xalek did. Their tanking suffers similarly, since they need some DPS to hold threat.

That's a pretty serious lack of DPS for companions I paid money for. When will this be fixed?

Edited by Caelrie

I thought there was a message about this in 4.3, but I guess I was wrong.

I own the nexu and the personal warbot, and yesterday I did some rudimentary tests to see if their DPS had been fixed. I believe there's some bug that gives them force bonus damage or something instead of tech, when none of them actually have force-based attacks.

Anyway, on identical groups of mobs, with identical influence levels (Kaliyo and Xalek were my controls), they routinely took 2.2 times longer to kill targets than Kaliyo/Xalek did. Their tanking suffers similarly, since they need some DPS to hold threat.

That's a pretty serious lack of DPS for companions I paid money for. When will this be fixed?

Soon™

:rak_03::rak_04::rak_03:

I believe there's some bug that gives them force bonus damage or something instead of tech, when none of them actually have force-based attacks.

It seems like people have been noticing stuff like this for lots of companions since 4.0 changed how they work.

There was the total lack of shield chance / absorb amount for all tank companions (meaning that their shield and absorb stats weren't affecting anything) which they fixed but I think the stats were only showing at the default numbers for equipping a shield generator instead of getting boosted like what players get from using their tank stance (so it seems like the companion would effectively be a tank in dps stance in that case).

As I understood it, the specific issue that people pointed out with the Nexu and the other cartel companions was that some of them were getting their health scaled all wrong compared to other companions, like a rank 40 nexu having 23k health where a rank 10 Lana would have 60k health on the same planet and set to the same role. That's what should be fixed now. (Confirmation?)

I've seen people pointing out the tech / force power discrepancy with other companions before the cartel companions. They don't have the strength that they could have since they don't have the correct stat boosting their abilities. It doesn't sound like the devs have addressed that one at all yet even though people have been mentioning it since 4.0 came out.