** BIOWARE Response Needed for Game-breaking Ilum Bug **

Zaodon

I was getting plenty of credit for the daily and weekly kills.

Quit killing the same person over and over in a short time span, you'll get your credit.

I killed at least 15 different people over the span of an hour, 1v1 or 1v2 in Ilum. I got no credit or valor. Things are not malfunctioning quite as you imagine.

Some servers are working fine. Some servers sporadically reward you for kills and can be fixed briefly by an assortment of gimmicks. Some servers don't reward for anything under any scenario. That's the reality of things, and none of them are the fault of the players.

Edited by Iriestx

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mandalore server

The reasons and fixes people have stated here are strictly based on rumor and random chance. Something else is the root cause. Here's my experience so far in ilum.

Yesterday I logged on early and my 150 weekly was done in about an hour. Towards the tail end of me finishing my weekly I noticed the kills that counted start to slow down and people start to complain they weren't counting. Some kills I had no part of what so ever counted for me while people i actually had a part in their death, didn't. This was when i realized something strange was going on. At first I thought it was fine for me because every so often i would leave the rep base, go cap northern assault and the imp base, then fly back. But, as you will read on, this isn't the case.

I logged off for a few hours and waited on guildies to come on vent before going after the WZ daily/weekly. 4-5 hours later, i logged back in, did some WZ's, crashed once and relogged and we decided to go out to ilum. We were in a small 3 man gank/roam squad and we started hitting the assault points, capping them and getting 3-5 kills at each. These are people far away from the zerg at the republic base, none counted. We tried this for about a half hour and counted 40 or so kills with zero credit; towards the quest or valor.

In these small skirmishes we all died a couple of times, and that made no difference. The people we killed had not died recently, and the few of those who had died recently by our hands were killed at around 10 minutes later, not 2 or 3.

We then headed down to the zerg at the republic base after getting frustrated that we would have to partake in the fishing. We joined the ops and set up shop as usual, but still no credit for the kills pouring in. After an hour and a half, one of the three of us received 2 armaments, and the other 2 of us received none, and I received no valor.

All during this time we experimented with relogging, going out and dying ourselves, etc. Nothing made ANY difference whatsoever. If you had luck with any of these rumored fixes, you simply were lucky and the game randomly worked momentarily before breaking again.

TL;DR- Ilum is broken, rumored fixes are unfounded.

P.S. - This simply favors the imps even more since you have armament crates centralized on a single point in central assault. They are now the only ones who can get the crates as they camp there all day. This will lead to more unbalance with your PvP bag nerf which is putting republic behind even more (I have full champ already, but the VAST majority of the republic on my server, does not, and this will just keep them from catching up even more).

I'm not getting any credit for Ilum kills. One of the biggest problems here is the exploit fix was not explained, so no one knows what changed. There is literally no one on my server doing any Ilum pvp atm, so even if it's not "broken" they have scared off so many players that you cannot complete you dailies/weeklies.

BW - please explain how to correctly PvP to complete our dailies, as you have changed the rules.

I'm not getting any credit for Ilum kills. One of the biggest problems here is the exploit fix was not explained, so no one knows what changed. There is literally no one on my server doing any Ilum pvp atm, so even if it's not "broken" they have scared off so many players that you cannot complete you dailies/weeklies.

BW - please explain how to correctly PvP to complete our dailies, as you have changed the rules.

And that's the frickin problem. They feel if they tell us, there will be ways that people will find to work the system, and that's true too. The problem is you cannot just leave us in the dark here at all. The consequences are WORSE than if you did.

It calls for KILLING PEOPLE. KILLING PEOPLE SHOULD COUNT THEN. It's that simple. Otherwise, CHANGE THE OBJECTIVE of Ilum. Change the quest to do something else. It sucks not getting credit for killing someone because another player killed that guy previously. What kind of quest is kill, then get reward, but some players that you can't tell doesn't count?

Fix Ilum please. We'd like our kills to count. Wasted an hour there yesterday for 5 kills. When I should have had 50. Not really fun.

What is sad is that every single glitch has favored the Imperials over the Republic players.

Imps got en masse gear because they outnumbered us and exploited valor on Ilum.

They get more gear because of the warzone wins not counting glitch because they win more of them than us.

And now you can't even complete a daily as a Republic because of another glitch.

It seems to me it's time to WIPE all valor levels, remove all PVP gear from the game and start over.

I killed at least 15 different people over the span of an hour, 1v1 or 1v2 in Ilum. I got no credit or valor. Things are not malfunctioning quite as you imagine.

Some servers are working fine. Some servers sporadically reward you for kills and can be fixed briefly by an assortment of gimmicks. Some servers don't reward for anything under any scenario. That's the reality of things, and none of them are the fault of the players.

I was told last night to just run into the imps and suicide if kills stopped counting. That didn't work.

After an hour I should have had about 45 kills. I ended with ZERO.

Does Bioware actually test anything? With 1.7 million subscribers they should be able to afford a QA department and to have a few dozen people test Ilum before sending a patch live. Or they need to start PAYING players to be testers. Beta is over. I'm NOT going to your test server and do your job for you.

It's at times like this I am reminded of the fact that there are a number of ex SOE Devs on this team. Which given the incompetence that has gone through SOE over the lifetime of SWG like that stuff that goes through a goose is not a great thing to have on one's resume if they want respect as a professional.

I'm sick of the bugs that has basically broken the PVP endgame. Warzones don't count at least half the time. Ilum wasn't fun but at least worked. Now that has been broken.

Edited by Wildcat

Hi everyone,

I wanted to give you all a quick update. The dev team has been investigating the cause of this issue and they're closer to figuring out a solution. As mentioned before, we'll keep you updated with any new developments. Thanks again for your patience on this.

How about you guys roll it back to when it was at least semi-working rather then letting your user population NOT PLAY.

I didn't play last night, and when I get home today I doubt I'll do much playing. I'm lurking in the forums from work hoping that you guys will mention a fix. We understand you are looking into fixing your fix, but since this can take TIME can you allow us to go BACK to what it was prior to this so we can PROGRESS.

You guys do understand when players take a 'break' from the game, after a few days of not being able to play when they want to, they lose interest. If this goes on for a number of days, people aren't going to bother revisiting.

Kindly roll back your code, I mean we know your devs don't know how to, actually test their code, but they should know how to roll it back. Eventually the players will like a clean working Ilum, but in the mean time I'll settle for what we had, otherwise after a few days, i'll just cancel and join the next game that comes out.

You guys do understand you are making GW2 and D3 more appealing then they were before this game launched by the fact you guys seem like a bunch of clueless monkies in a datacenter, right?

bump again

so u do a majorchange to avoid exploiting but dont reset the exploiters

explain safeguard finally and add more chests

unbelievable looting chests as a pvp quest

Ilum/PVP endgame needs a complete RESET. Remove all the valor and all the gear from the game. Resetting EVERYONE is the only fair thing to do at this point.

I had a feeling that this "bug" on Ilum was actually not a bug but perhaps a silent way of them fixing the exploit of valor farming. Problem is, why didn't they mention this in the patch notes or as a separate post? There is an EASY fix to stop Ilum valor farming, cap all valor gained on Ilum from killing players to a certain number...say...100, and thats all you get within a 24 hour period. That will certainly discourage the valor farming, if your not getting valor past a certain point why stand around and kill each other for hours?

Other suggestions to make Ilum better would be to place arms not only in center, but ALL over that section of the map, including North, South, and the bases. Funneling everyone to center if you have all these players in one spot, including your own allies, it makes getting these drops take forever because your actually competing against your own faction.

Makes no sense.

Edited by MoonsLightV

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you know that we will be deploying a patch tomorrow (details coming very soon) with the following resolutions:

• Killing players on Ilum will now consistently grant Valor and mission credit as intended.

Once again, thank you for your patience.

Edited by JovethGonzalez

Ilum/PVP endgame needs a complete RESET. Remove all the valor and all the gear from the game. Resetting EVERYONE is the only fair thing to do at this point.

This as nothing to do here. The thread is about how endgame pvp, IMO the reason a lot of Ppl play this game, is now a complete waste of time.

I can't wait for GW2 and D3. Had a big expectations for this game but it seems like the only thing that was keeping me here is gone now.

I had a feeling that this "bug" on Ilum was actually not a bug but perhaps a silent way of them fixing the exploit of valor farming. Problem is, why didn't they mention this in the patch notes or as a separate post? There is an EASY fix to stop Ilum valor farming, cap all valor gained on Ilum from killing players to a certain number...say...100, and thats all you get within a 24 hour period. That will certainly discourage the valor farming, if your not getting valor past a certain point why stand around a kill each other for hours?

How will that fix kill trading at all? This would just give those kill trading a reason to have groups meeting at predetermined times everyday to get their hundred kills worth valor in then they would leave and come back the next day and do it again, and again, and again.

Your solution would actually cause things to take longer for people doing their weekly/dailies in ilum legit as the kill traders would be gone after a certain amount of time.

Whatever they did to "fix" kill trading has completely borked ilum and the problems seem different from server to server.

Like I said in my earlier post. Twin Spears yesterday around 3:30pm. I get to ilum, get about 20 kills that count for nothing, in this time I died at least five times and was dc'd once. Still no kills I got counted towards valor or quests. Then around maybe 7:00pm or 8:00pm everyone in ilum was kicked to their character select screen. We logged back in and people were worth valor and updates to quests again. We were still in ilum 1, but soon after I guess people got the word and ilum 2 and 3 opened up. People were getting kills on all three instances, but it seemed like the 2 or 3 minute valor cd was still in effect which was fine cause it was just the way it was before the patch.

Today I haven't been able to log on so I hope that it is still working like it did last night when everyone in ilum got kicked.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you know that we will be deploying a patch tomorrow (details coming very soon) with the following resolutions:

• Killing players on Ilum will now consistently grant Valor and mission credit as intended.

So, bets on what will break when they implement this? The bonus valor from kills? The objectives switching properly? Bags not being rewarded from the daily quest turn in?

Didn't see this coming from a mile away...

BTW, Joveth. You are a true trooper coming into this thread and giving us some info. I respect you for that. But please pass along to the Dev team that the patience of many of us is beginning to wear thin. Please tell them to fix their shiz and quit effing things up. Plain and simple talk like that should help the situation.

Glad a fix is coming. Not so stoked that it will be done at midnight, my primetime gameplay time...again.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for the update Joveth. I really appreciate the fast response on this issue.

Hi everyone,

Consistently is a little ambiguous...is it going back to the way it was before or have you changed and or tweaked this in some way?

How will that fix kill trading at all? This would just give those kill trading a reason to have groups meeting at predetermined times everyday to get their hundred kills worth valor in then they would leave and come back the next day and do it again, and again, and again.

Your solution would actually cause things to take longer for people doing their weekly/dailies in ilum legit as the kill traders would be gone after a certain amount of time.

Whatever they did to "fix" kill trading has completely borked ilum and the problems seem different from server to server.

Like I said in my earlier post. Twin Spears yesterday around 3:30pm. I get to ilum, get about 20 kills that count for nothing, in this time I died at least five times and was dc'd once. Still no kills I got counted towards valor or quests. Then around maybe 7:00pm or 8:00pm everyone in ilum was kicked to their character select screen. We logged back in and people were worth valor and updates to quests again. We were still in ilum 1, but soon after I guess people got the word and ilum 2 and 3 opened up. People were getting kills on all three instances, but it seemed like the 2 or 3 minute valor cd was still in effect which was fine cause it was just the way it was before the patch.

Today I haven't been able to log on so I hope that it is still working like it did last night when everyone in ilum got kicked.

I did NOT say "100 kills" please re read what I posted. I said that each player should only be worth enough valor to make it a TOTAL of 100 valor gained PER DAY. So lets say each player you kill is worth 20 valor, you get to kill 5 players for a total of 100 valor before it caps and you can't get anymore valor on Ilum for another 24 hours.

Thats what I meant, and yes, it would discourage valor farming because you would not need to kill 100 players to do this, just 5. It was just an example.

Thank you for the update Joveth. I really appreciate the fast response on this issue.

Fast? Let me laugh...

1 or 2 hors after receiving the error report could be fast. 4 hours can be acceptable. After 8 hours you start wondering *** they are doing. 24 hours later is something like... "We want to lose subscribers faster than a lightsaber switches on". BUT 30 hours after receiving the problem, when there were more than 100 threads in the forums talking about the same issue, is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. (Don't forget you are paying to play and they are earning more than 15 million dollars every month just with the subscriptions)

WHERE THE HELL DO YOU SEE THE FAST ANSWER HERE? CAUSE I DON'T SEE IT ANYWHERE.

Very bad BioWare, very bad, but you will learn from your errors as soon as GW2 is out.

If you can bypass it by dying, then how does it stop kill trading, when the MECHANICS of kill trading involve.... DYING.

:mad:

BioWare = incompetent.

^this! Was laughing my *** off when i was comparing the patch notes to the new "fixed" illum mechanics :D lucky me only twinking and doing some low lvl pvp my last few days :>

Its like in a sitcom - u can laugh about the worst jokes if its not affecting you^^

Edited by LordiMordi