Alderaan Stronghold Reviews

Zerileth

So far I like it. Fewer hooks than Rishi, which is fine. Of course it's beautiful. Very open. Haven't had time to fully check out everything but for the most part it's very nice.

Quite enjoyed blowing up the cave entrance. Please make it where we can reset that. :D

The entrance only allows a floor deco? That's seems weird. Nothing on that front wall to introduce guests?

I wish there were more centered hooks coming up the walkpath. Having a hook on each side means you can't put one big thing down the middle.

Cost is about right. I may add more later. What do you guys think? :)

EDIT: Need more ceiling hooks. Seriously, Way more ceiling hooks. The few there are, are so far up you can barely see the deco.

Edited by Zerileth

So far I like it. Fewer hooks than Rishi, which is fine. Of course it's beautiful. Very open. Haven't had time to fully check out everything but for the most part it's very nice.

Quite enjoyed blowing up the cave entrance. Please make it where we can reset that. :D

The entrance only allows a floor deco? That's seems weird. Nothing on that front wall to introduce guests?

I wish there were more centered hooks coming up the walkpath. Having a hook on each side means you can't put one big thing down the middle.

Cost is about right. I may add more later. What do you guys think? :)

The amount of hooks is APPALLINGLY low man... Actually start decorating it... I've halfway done my front exterior and foyer and I haven't even touched the Killik cave and I'm at 12%...

This SH is physically TEN TIMES the size of DK and only has 3 times the hooks... It needs to be 1600-2k.

Meh. Not much changed from the PTS so my original dislikes still hold.

One thing I don't like is the entry point. For a main Stronghold, I want to be able to quickly get to an interior area with cargo bays etc, but the default entry point is even farther away than Yavin 4's. And, of course, the terminal to choose the entry point near the door doesn't seem to work.

I've had them all. At the very least I would say this is a must have if you are partial the Tatooine and Yavin stronghold. Although I find the hooks in the Colocoid caves lacking compared to Yavin's it's all in all an ostentatious indulgence and very much worthwhile.

Programmers pat yourselves on the back this one is a keeper. Might you ever make one for Hutta, Oricon, Darvanis, Mek-Sha, Makeb, or Belsavis I'm all in!

I was just going to say... yeah, there are a good number of hooks spread around, but the max number of decos needs to go up significantly. Perhaps they'll come back to increase the max for Alderaan and both guild flagships at the same time.

Has anyone encountered the bugs we spotted in PTS or did they fix them all?

I Am Totally Blown Away! ... This Stronghold ! .... OUTA THE Park! ... Really

You Guys Did GREAT! ... I mean It seriously!

It'll Take A Year To Deco This One! ... Well Okay, A While anyway's

There's Even A Cave!!! ... And Healing Dummies Ta-boot! ... And Taxi's Too! ..

And Huge I Mean Huge Hooks! WOW! WOW! Guys!

Eric? And Team? Really Nicely Done! Great Job!

Edited by WYMAS

Really not a fan of the training dummies in the ruins on Ald.

Otherwise, I'm mostly happy with it. I'll see if I wind up capping hooks; I tend to go for a more quality look than quantity -- I only got to 80% or so of Tatooine before feeling like I'd over-decorated -- but we'll see. FWIW, I enjoy a lot of the open space on Ald, and probably won't change it.

Also, it's absolutely beautiful, and it's so nice to have something finally fitting the Jedi aesthetic.

Edited by jedimasterjac

It's very nice as it was in the PTS and being able to mount everywhere now is excellent. I don't remember it being so huge but that might be because on the PTS we couldn't mount so I gave up exploring after a short while.

I agree with the training dummy location - wonder why they did that? They weren't there on the PTS. I might add some walls to disguise them.

The other things people haven mentioned - resetting the cave animation, more ceiling hooks and more hooks in the killik cave - were all requesting by those of us who did the PTS. As none of those requests hit live, guess we won't be getting them.

I love it... But, Are the Taxi's on Hiatus, Strike, Vacation??? or Forgot to put them in???

:wea_03::csw_bluesaber:

I miss them too (and no, zone in and out does not help). I wonder why the game says I am in an unsafe zone when I stand inside my manor house? Are there giant spiders at the ceiling? (Haven't checked yet)

I miss the staff, be it droids or living butlers and other types of man-servants running around. It is a big noble stronghold after all. I arrived and noone, really NOONE offered refreshment :eek:

Place for improvements ;)

The ruins and the dummies should be paid for as the kilik hive. As we see, not everybody is fond of them. I do like it, but many don't. Place something in front we can blow up like the entrance of the kilik cave. That was fun :D

The Alderan Stronghold is a great place. Good work!

The Good:

I think the Alderaan Stronghold looks amazing. It's as grand and sprawling as Alderaan itself. The Stronghold captures Alderaan's natural and constructed grandeur. I love the outdoor spaces, as well as the buildings. The sunny, yet cold, aesthetic is very well done. Thrantas gliding in the air is a great touch, and the taxis (when they actually appear, I already posted this in the Bugs forum) involving riding a thranta is wonderful. The stained glass is gorgeous. I like that there is a Kilik cave, and love the Kilik dispenser. I think the BW team put forth a lot work on this Stronghold, and it shows.

The Bad:

While some suggested changes from the PTS were made -- most notably, being able to stay mounted everywhere in the SH, a few generally requested changes were not made. I'm always going to look at the stained glass room's inaccessible mezzanine as a lost opportunity.

The ceiling lights in the stained glass room should have this emote placed on them, :mon_trap:, as certain decorations placed there cannot be removed without pulling up every deco placed in that room/area. I mentioned this in the PTS testing thread, but the situation stands. I, along with others, stated during PTS testing that the 1035 decoration cap is too low. The cap remains at 1035 when the SH is fully unlocked. I intend to decorate rooms on the sparse side, but I will end up with un- and under decorated rooms unless the decoration cap is increased. And, like on the PTS, the Alderaan Stronghold is not a rest zone.

Overall:

I still appreciate the chance to test out the Alderaan SH on the PTS. Some changes suggested by players were made, and are welcomed. As well, the bounty of hooks allow for more freedom when decorating. And, I think the Stronghold is just outstandingly beautiful.

Kudos on a beautiful Stronghold. Thank you!

Please fix reported bugs in the SH, and not just let them stand.

After getting this SH, I'm already looking forward to seeing what magic the BW teams works for the next SH.

Edited by Nmyownworld

Buggy achievement aside, the Alderaan stronghold is really impressive visually. At least until you look at the decoration hooks.

It's not the first time they've messed up with the hooks, but especially for a SH like Alderaan where the nobility places such emphasis and value on perfect symmetry in their designs, the hooks just don't line up properly with the floor patterns, and are off by just enough that moving decorations by 1 point is too much and asymmetrical in the other direction.

Add that to far too few floor hooks outdoors and banner hooks in the halls indoors, not to mention the in-built Yavin Temple Chandeliers which we could have been given the option to put there ourselves or replace with something else, and I'm not nearly as impressed as I was at first glance.

Edited by Aulus_Claudius

Buggy achievement aside, the Alderaan stronghold is really impressive visually. At least until you look at the decoration hooks.

It's not the first time they've messed up with the hooks, but especially for a SH like Alderaan where the nobility places such emphasis and value on perfect symmetry in their designs, the hooks just don't line up properly with the floor patterns, and are off by just enough that moving decorations by 1 point is too much and asymmetrical in the other direction.

Add that to far too few floor hooks outdoors and banner hooks in the halls indoors, not to mention the in-built Yavin Temple Chandeliers which we could have been given the option to put there ourselves or replace with something else, and I'm not nearly as impressed as I was at first glance.

I think the award for worst placement hook setup of all time is Manaan. Hooks in the middle of archways where you have to walk. Strings of little hooks everywhere but no starship hooks.

I think the award for worst placement hook setup of all time is Manaan. Hooks in the middle of archways where you have to walk. Strings of little hooks everywhere but no starship hooks.

Definitely. The only use I've found for so many little hooks is setting up huge lines and regiments of soldiers reminiscent of parades or speeches in militaristic countries. So that's exactly what I did, and it would look okay for an Imperial setting, but is rather out of place on peaceful, serene Manaan. Not sure what they were thinking there, or what else I could do with so many oddly-placed hooks.

I think there is (or was) a Starship hook, but it's on top of a structure to the right as you look at the SH from the zone in. You can place a starship on it, but you can't actually get anywhere near it.