Holding pieces on an alt to refund later...?

AndriusAjax

I just finally got my Tech Wizardry amps all gold (well, 2 purple .9s) and I've noticed a pretty nice difference.

And I could be wrong here... But I think he's talking about the trick where you could buy a set bonus piece and amplify it five or so times to see if you got the one you want it... And if you didn't, refund it, buy it again to keep the amp price low, rinse repeat. I mean, it's only really useful for Amplified Champion pieces, not other set bonus pieces considering the amps on those shells are pretty meh.

Edited by AndriusAjax

I just finally got my Tech Wizardry amps all gold (well, 2 purple .9s) and I've noticed a pretty nice difference.

And I could be wrong here... But I think he's talking about the trick where you could buy a set bonus piece and amplify it five or so times to see if you got the one you want it... And if you didn't, refund it, buy it again to keep the amp price low, rinse repeat. I mean, it's only really useful for Amplified Champion pieces, not other set bonus pieces considering the amps on those shells are pretty meh.

I think it binds to you if you need with the amplifiers, but you didn't need to because you could just trade it back in if it didn't come with what you wanted. May take 30+ minutes to get what you wanted but it don't cost 1 extra credit.

We're on the PVP forum. No one cares about the crafting amps here.

all 14 pieces excepting main and offhand can be amped to increase pvp rewards, all 9 amrorings/hilts/barrels can be amped up to 9% more tech/force/armor pen or increased dmg/def at combat start. all mods can be amped for presence giving you up to 1.6k presence at level 75 (for open world)

amping is 100% worth a pvpers credits and time.

Edited by Seterade

all 14 pieces excepting main and offhand can be amped to increase pvp rewards, all 9 amrorings/hilts/barrels can be amped up to 9% more tech/force/armor pen or increased dmg/def at combat start. all mods can be amped for presence giving you up to 1.6k presence at level 75 (for open world)

amping is 100% worth a pvpers credits and time.

They were talking specifically about the amps on the shells, which can only boost crafting (and "rewards"). Nothing combat related.

They were talking specifically about the amps on the shells, which can only boost crafting (and "rewards"). Nothing combat related.

Except for the amplified champion pieces - they have combat options. Which is why one would pair nicely as the 7th piece to your normal 6 piece set.

Edited by AndriusAjax

Even rerolling / buy-return them to get the pvp amp was good in place of the crafting amps. So that was relevant to pvp.

Even the fall damage one helped in some pvp maps like Hutt ball and mando arena.

When will those Bozo’s at Bioware learn we don’t need caps on things. If the game really is “play your way”, then let us play our way and horde frags if that’s what we choose to do so we can gear up Alts when we want to.

I think SWTOR is punishment for bad devs, it's like a penal colony of sorts. Escape From New York with Kurt Russell comes to mind... Anyway, every 6 months all the devs get rotated out after serving their time and then new bad devs replace them.

What this does is make it so the game always has fairly new devs that have no experience with SWTOR, this means they have no historical knowledge of any of the past changes the game has had.

The game is always in a mode of change and misdirection, how could it be any other way with this punishment system?

My point is I agree, it's always been ridiculous they put gates on vendor currencies. They eventually figured it out that it was dumb, made it so WZ Comms were legacy bound, and allowed us to bank as many as we wanted.

It was great, until they gutted THAT system and went back to RNG as well as removing the ability to move currency via legacy and bank as much as we want.

Now it's like they forgot, which leads me to my explanation of how they can't remember the past or past changes. If you can explain it in a more sensible way please do. (Really isn't any sense at all to it.)