How does jumpring right to Jedi Under Siege effect romanced comapnions?

RameiArashi

To confirm a romance with a class companion who returns through KOTFE or KOTET story chapters do you have to play those chapters and make the choice to stay in the relationship[ or can you skip to Jedi Under Siege and they will still be in a relationship with you?

The only characters I've skipped to JUS on have been able to rekindle their past romance through alerts. I haven't tried jumping to JUIS on for example Imperial Agent who romanced Kaliyo or a bounty hunter who romanced Torian..

Chapter-based returns, like all autocompleted romance content, are "the fire is gone", no romance possible.

This affects: (Sorry, substantial spoilers)

* Lana Beniko (cant' romance her if you skip across Chapter IX of KotFE)

* Koth Vortena (ditto)

* Theron Shan (ditto)

* Kaliyo Djannis (ditto Chapter X)

* Aric Jorgan (ditto Chapter XI)

* Vette (Chapter XIII)

* Torian Cadera (Chapter XIV)

* Arcann (if you let him live and jump to JUS)

* Elara Dorne or Malavai Quinn (War on Iokath)

* Raina Temple (A Traitor Among the Chiss)

* Felix Iresso (if you ignore his alert and SSR Nadia instead)

* Andronikos Revel or Ashara Zavros (if you ignore their respective alerts and romance the Morose Monster instead)

All the KotFE chapter return romances are nuked by skipping to the beginning of KotET *or* by skipping to the beginning of JUS, while the others are nuked only if you skip to the beginning of JUS (and follow any other alerts implied).

Figures. I already took agent who romanced temple and sith warrior who romanced vette through the who story line. Was hoppng agent who romanced Kalyo and bounty hunter who romanced Torian could skip all that.

Of course it doesn't really matter unless they are going to add future scenes between player characters and romanced companions but does that seem likely?

Figures. I already took agent who romanced temple and sith warrior who romanced vette through the who story line. Was hoppng agent who romanced Kalyo and bounty hunter who romanced Torian could skip all that.

Of course the big thing is that if you skip forward, *even if it relaunched the romace for returners*, you'd miss the actual reunion scene, and for Kaliyo, it's several parsecs beyond simply "worth seeing". (And you don't get the "I love you" mails from the end of Chaper II / beginning of Chapter III either...)

• 8 months later...
So having done Iokath I have to go through the conspiracy flash points to keep the iokath romances?

I think so. There were posts a while back about "hard" and "soft" save points, and the core of the analysis is that they are approximately at:

* Beginning of KotFE (possibly at the end of the class story instead - there's no significant difference between those two for this purpose)

* End of KotFE Chapter IX

* End of KotFE

* End of KotET

* End of Nathema Conspiracy/Beginning of Jedi Under Siege.

The conclusion is, therefore, that you will have to do those FPs. They aren't *so* bad in [sOLO] (for-story) mode, especially if you remember to bring the right gifts for Raina Temple (Military Gear, with Imperial Memorabilia as second tier).

Have to get more military gear, gave it to other companions.

Of course now my focus has been on Lana and Theron since they'll be forced on me in future content.

Hmm. Probably wouldn't hurt for Jedi Knights to give a certain two companions more gifts for the future updates.

Since for JK they're actually companions.

Interesting. So, are the likes of Andronicus, Ashara, Nadia, Felix, and little Khemmikins all 'gender unlocked' now, in their 'return' storylines, like Kira and Scourge on the Knight, if it's "alert" based - assuming Khem actually has a gender we'd recognise as opposed to just being a big cuddlebug, or are they all just 'resume if you had the romance before' and/or 'start it if you didn't start it in vanilla, but only if you're the gender it was available for in vanilla'?

Hmph, and for that matter, why still no romance with poor old Talos...? He'd be a far more interesting fit for a light side Inquisitor than Andronicus.

Edited by RowanThursday

Interesting. So, are the likes of Andronicus, Ashara, Nadia, Felix, and little Khemmikins all 'gender unlocked' now, in their 'return' storylines, like Kira and Scourge on the Knight, if it's "alert" based - assuming Khem actually has a gender we'd recognise as opposed to just being a big cuddlebug, or are they all just 'resume if you had the romance before' and/or 'start it if you didn't start it in vanilla, but only if you're the gender it was available for in vanilla'?

Hmph, and for that matter, why still no romance with poor old Talos...? He'd be a far more interesting fit for a light side Inquisitor than Andronicus.

Nadia, Khem, Kira, Scourge, and both Jaesas are available to both sexes on return, although I'm not sure about Nadia, Kira and DSJ on males who didn't romance them before. (Just like Kaliyo who cannot be [Flirt]ed by female agents, nor by male Agents that didn't finish her romance before.)

Ashara, Andronikos, Felix, and all the released-earlier returners are reserved for romance by just characters who romanced them before.

Nadia, Khem, Kira, Scourge, and both Jaesas are available to both sexes on return, although I'm not sure about Nadia, Kira and DSJ on males who didn't romance them before. (Just like Kaliyo who cannot be [Flirt]ed by female agents, nor by male Agents that didn't finish her romance before.)

Ashara, Andronikos, Felix, and all the released-earlier returners are reserved for romance by just characters who romanced them before.

Heh, I know some like her a lot, but the only flirting my agent was ever tempted to do with Kaliyo would involve shoving her naked out of an airlock. Scourge is definitely on the list, and probably Nadia, since she'll not have been my Padawan for five or six years now.

Sigh, I suppose Darth Nox has to choose between Lana, Andronikos, and Khem Val? I mean, I know the Alliance has limited resources these days, but surely they could provide their Empress with just one larger reinforced bed? Cheap skates.

You can start a romance with Nadia with a male consular when she returns after Ossus even if you originally didn't touch that romance with a ten-meter pole... err, I mean start one during your class story. I've done it myself.

Sigh, I suppose Darth Nox has to choose between Lana, Andronikos, and Khem Val?

From a game-mechanical point of view, no, you're not limited to just those three possibilities. Your choice is wider than that, and includes Koth and Theron. A more Lana-like (pragmatic dark rather than goggly-eyed maniac dark) Nox could easily accommodate Theron (with a hint of malice involved, for stealing the Jedi Grandmaster's son...), although Koth is a bit of a stretch.

I'm also interested in seeing whether the Anri and Darth Rivix [Flirt]s go anywhere.

On the other hand, three-in-a-bed with Lana and Andronikos ... Hmm.

...although Koth is a bit of a stretch.

On the other hand, three-in-a-bed with Lana and Andronikos ... Hmm.

Koth, my Darth Nox was able to respect for his skills and saving her life, and understand his hero worship of Valkorian, but, on the other hand, she's an Inquisitor. She understands how Valkorian got to be hero worshipped like that, and she's not going to be attracted to anyone dumb enough to fall for it.