To Bioware on Your Onslaught Roll Out

Hiram-Abi

While we all usually enjoy this game - some of us for years - the Onslaught Roll Out was a thing that left most us eager to know exactly what you crazy kids at BioWare are smoking on a daily basis. We all understand that your developers were abused children who were picked on in high school, but who in their right mind authorized an expansion to include a series of mandatory daily quests that have us all poking around through blades of grass for hours looking for a quarter-inch object that never seems to respawn? A system for a level-based inventory that doesn't list by item level? An asteroid base that resembles a crazy labyrinth where NO ONE would want to live? A required Op to progress a story line? A limit on a bounty contract a DAY? Go back to the drawing board, people, and give us the excellence that we're all used to instead of working out your childhood angst on your devoted fan base. End of line.

Text de-bricked for readability

We all understand that your developers were abused children who were picked on in high school, but who in their right mind authorized an expansion to include a series of mandatory daily quests that have us all poking around through blades of grass for hours looking for a quarter-inch object that never seems to respawn?.

Daily missions are not mandatory. Do them or not as it suits you.

A system for a level-based inventory that doesn't list by item level?.

You mean the Material Storage panel? I agree that the organisation of that panel is lacking, but why does it matter? All that matters is that you do or do not have the materials required to make the schematic (and if so, how many copies of the thing you can make), and regardless of anything, that information has *always* been easiest to find from the crew skill window anyway.

An asteroid base that resembles a crazy labyrinth where NO ONE would want to live?.

I'll admit that I'm puzzled by the layout of Mek-Sha for much the same reason.

A required Op to progress a story line?.

Oricon? (Er, there were two Ops to finish the Oricon story...) War on Iokath? Ring a bell? That concept isn't new, although at least Iokath's operation wasn't actually *in* the main story.

A limit on a bounty contract a DAY?.

That's always been like that. It has nothing to do with Onslaught.

Go back to the drawing board, people, and give us the excellence that we're all used to instead of working out your childhood angst on your devoted fan base. End of line.

Criticise the things that are wrong, for sure, but don't criticise *existing* and *long-standing* things as if they are new.

The yellowish area click things don’t even bother me anymore. Takes me like 15 seconds to find them all and move on; when Onslaught came out it took me 10 minutes.

Mek-Sha’s level design is good IMO. It’s a small abandoned port that was changed to become a home to pirates, smugglers, slavers, and all walks of life. In that aspect it does good. The disorganized area layout, tight corridors, all roads leading back to the cantina. Connected by bridges and kept alive by a small skeleton crew. PvP there was fun, you’d basically turn a corridor and run into someone who was equally surprised to see you.

Most of this post is just unjustified complaining, The Height of Corporate Responsibility isn’t even a main storyline and can basically be ignored unless you are a completionist. The quest doesn’t even give anything good but good dialogue.

Edited by UltraFlashStar