To heal as an IMP on this server! Or not....

Krozis

I was having a conversation with some guildies... and PVPers in general about this. (PVP specific post here.)

We know there are VERY few imp PVP healers, even my guild is short of them. I offered to take up the task of trying this out. After being made fun of for about 20 mins (can't repeat half the coversation!) I said I was serious, and that if necessary I would semi-retire my Powertech. (which kind of does leave a hole to fill.)

But the meat of the question is we know how bad Imp side is at playing as a team. Very few 'true' tanks.... not much guarding. Almost zilch for peeling *caveat here: Unless I'm playing with Gilgamesh.

So what do you guys think is the best healing class for PVP in this kind of situation. The situation where you will be often left to your own devices.... most rep teams focus a lot better too, so there's that. I know it could be a miserable life... I've already been harassed by imps trying to heal as a BH for not taking enough aggro! (long story).

I have a Sorc fairly well geared, a half geared Op, and a Bounty Hunter that I can swap all my powertech gear over to. So it's really pretty open.

What do you guys think is the best choice considering how lopsided things are right now?

Don't take this the wrong way but I'm hoping for multiple opinions from lvl 50 healers that are playing Ranked PVP. The amount of focus firing that happens in lowbie vs ranked is night and day.

But it is a valid point that I would be pugging a lot in the beginning to get the hang of it. Survivability is definitely one of the biggest issues for an Imp healer in a typical 15K / 100 expertise pug Imp team.

When you say 'you guys' do you mean impside? Or Virtus et Honor?

Because I can tell you literally 90% of our healers are mainly PVE healers. They PVP once in a while for fun. But for some let me just suggest it isn't their preference to heal pvp. And only half of those are actually geared....

Also the issue isn't necessarily exclusively about how many healers imps have but what sort of support system they have.... typically I'd say there are only two tanks I ever regularly see on Impside (I mean true tanks, not dps tanks).

I'm not saying it is a easy life to heal on either side, all I'm asking for is advice on having to be a 'fend for yourself' healer PUGging IMPside while still being 'valuable' for ranked.

I am not saying I will be a good healer....not at all. Just trying to give myself a fighting chance if I take this on.

I mean imp side, and if you're forcing your healer to 'fend for themselves' in ranked, then you need to re-evaluate your strat. For pugging yeah fend for yourself is always going to happen. I solo queued a ton as sorc healer and op healer, and I can assure you it's a pain in the ***, but a lot of the time you turn the tide of battle more in your favor with even 1 non guarded healer.

Don't take this the wrong way but I'm hoping for multiple opinions from lvl 50 healers that are playing Ranked PVP. The amount of focus firing that happens in lowbie vs ranked is night and day.

But it is a valid point that I would be pugging a lot in the beginning to get the hang of it. Survivability is definitely one of the biggest issues for an Imp healer in a typical 15K / 100 expertise pug Imp team.

Right now i would say a sorc bubble spec is the best way to go. Op healz are still my favorite i have all 3 classes. But right now with bubble stun being the way it is you cant ignore it. helps stop the smash/sweep a little bit. but that will prob change in 1.6. And yes imp healz have been no existant/really bad lately. Specially if you run into an decent premade you can call it a wrap.

The majority of the top imp healers pvp re-rolled pub or left the game, and unless you are rolling with Gilgamesh dont count on a guard from anyone there doesnt seem to be a large draw to support classes imp side, i pretty much only play Arteriel in pvp if i have GIl on my hip guarding me these days, because you are generally the only healer in the warzone and sitting in the deadbox longer than i should be stinks. I doubt im the only one but having a guy or two beat on you a whole warzone and not drop you is pretty dam fun, best part for me is when they go "screw it" and change targets :p

But Xan is right a good healer that is a pain to kill will totally turn the tide of a reg warzone, i havent healed on other classes but ops have a good amount of cooldowns to get them out of trouble, between stims/medpacks, evade,shield probe,Debilitate,flashbang, sever tendon, and cloaking screen it gives you alot of "outs"

Edited by dego-harmonium

No offense taken. I still can't wait for my Op to be 50 and geared. Hopefully 1.6 will be out by the time I hit 50 so I can jump into WH gear. I *like* my sorc right now with the bubble-stun, but it won't last forever. And my sorc still doesn't really have an "OH $#!T" ability like my Op. Best of luck to ya! :cool:

Well I see a lot of bubble stun, and smashing in rateds. The popularity of something isn't my determining factor personally.

So far I know what a pain it is to kill some Scoundrel healers on our server.... same goes for hybrid Sages.

So the votes for impside rugged healer types is definitely void of Merc. Is there any reason for that? When I did dabble with it on my Merc I found it a little clunky, and I wasn't very good at it. Sorc seemed 'fun', but man I died a lot. Operative seemed like more work? I don't know.... but my original post has my criteria: I have to assume as I train myself, there will be squat for help.

This whole topic leads me to realize Imps also need more true tanks. We are down to one in guild, and I've only seen one other PVP Jugg tank that I can think of..... That's another task no one seems to want here, and I'm guilty of that as well since I have a jugg I never really play anymore.

Anyway thanks for feedback thus far. I appreciate it.

This whole topic leads me to realize Imps also need more true tanks. We are down to one in guild, and I've only seen one other PVP Jugg tank that I can think of..... That's another task no one seems to want here, and I'm guilty of that as well since I have a jugg I never really play anymore.

I would say that sounds about right, I really don't see many tanks.

In regards to your healer comment though, I would say that any healing class has it's own advantages and disadvantages. I mainly play Sage/Sorc Healer and the main problem is that if you get focus fired....you're dying FAST if you don't run away. Ops/Mercs seem to have a little longer survivability when getting focus fired compared to Inquistors...but Inq's have abilities to escape quicker than other classes. Ops/mercs are also better at "heal while on the move", compared to inq's who have 1 HOT, a self heal and a bubble they can cast moving. The nice part is with Op/Merc if you go DPS spec you have more survivability...Sorcs whether they are heal or DPS still die very fast if they get focus fired, so I tend to be moving around a whole lot more.

Either way, if you're trying to save Imperial PVP, I wish you luck. I have a 61 valor sorc and a 65 valor sage and the sage had 160 wins at 61 valor and the sorc had 40. I just think that as a whole, Pubs are better geared and more organized compared to Imps. Whenever I'm on my Imp...whether i'm healing or DPS'ing, i just don't see nearly as much team work as the Pubs have. I see them all spread out and not working together or communicating nearly as much as Pubs do. However, get in a group with 3 other great PVP'ers on the Imp side and you can win...assuming you don't get 4 other people with 14k health (I've seen it).

In the end, just choose a class that looks fun for you to play in PVP. That's very important because if you're rolling Imperial......you'll be losing a lot and it's important you have fun doing it.

I've done all the healing classes, and I'd say bubble stun sorc would be the best way to go for survivability without assistance. From a melee standpoint, I'd violently oppose the idea of another imp running bubble spec :p Honestly though, I don't think it needs a nerf, I just think that the vast majority of dps are melee or aren't smart enough to break the bubble from range. Watching a gunglinger or commando tear through a bubble spec is just laughable, but everyone wants to be a vanguard or derp, derp, smasher. I really don't think that a class that already has the lowest survivability in the game should get a nerf because melee covet their high dps numbers too much.

I would say that sounds about right, I really don't see many tanks.

Either way, if you're trying to save Imperial PVP, I wish you luck. I have a 61 valor sorc and a 65 valor sage and the sage had 160 wins at 61 valor and the sorc had 40. I just think that as a whole, Pubs are better geared and more organized compared to Imps. .

Quite honestly part of why I am considering this is because of the 'How bad are Imps on this Server' thread. Also my own guild is having some PVP related issues.

I have no delusions of saving IMP PvP.... I know how bad it is, I live the dream every day. I log onto my Rep toons and usually finish dailies in no time, then I grind through weeklies on Impside, and plead with people to play as a team.

One thing I said in that other thread was I believe one day soon this will be a reverse Kaas City where Reps will just end up playing themselves in ranked. IE. It is in their best interest that Imps put some form of competition up. If the rep guild just keep soaking up the exodus talent, then the problem gets worse.

I am trying to not defect (yes I have rep toons but I made them when Imp ruled and I was bored of easy matches).

Other guildmates of mine have recently echoed very similar thoughts.

Right now I am usually stuck DPSing on my Powertech whenever we do ranked. My first love was my Merc which blows chunks comparatively speaking.

Can I be easily replaced as burst DPS? Heck yea. Do we have more than 1 healer on a time for PVP? Nope. I counted 4 matches (solo queue) where I never saw an imp healer. People get mad, but no one wants to roll a healer (or tank for that matter).

Sorry, I'm ranting at this point. ;)

Edited by Krozis

The majority of the top imp healers pvp re-rolled pub or left the game

Wrong. Sorcs we still have (in no particular order) durwin, nova, klinsmann <3, psychospider. Ops anna'ka, shatterwoman, strykez, dize, jalblurr. Mercs reighner, regis, moonrunner, amigo?...

Pug healers are depleted except for the occasional sorc but to say all the top imp healers are gone would be incorrect. It's my opinion that we are missing top end dpsers, that's why I often run dps to pick up the slack. A lot of my healer buddies still play minus Vandis but the vast majority of top dpsers on my friends list are gone. Sure there were traitors like combatmedic, amigo, okku (on vanish), neb, and especially grisha even though he doesn't heal, but there are still quite a few top imp pvp healers around. In pugs I find that imp dpsers don't focus well or peel which leaves the healers at a big disadvantage running solo. Can't tell you how many times I am the only person attacking Neb in a pug, even after I put a big target on his slippery ***.

Sorry to pick this line out but I have to respectfully disagree. To the OP- run merc we need more quality healer tanks. It is more difficult to heal as a merc in high end pvp due to properly timed interrupts/CCs but when played right they are a force to be reckoned with.

-Eked

I havent seen Nova and Klins looming around the pvp area or in a warzone in ages, thought they quit i was wrong :p I guess i could or worded that differently, but i dont know of any of the better pub players re-rolling imp for their mains :p totally unrelated i havent seen Nataly in a while she quit ? Edited by dego-harmonium

Sorry to pick this line out but I have to respectfully disagree. To the OP- run merc we need more quality healer tanks. It is more difficult to heal as a merc in high end pvp due to properly timed interrupts/CCs but when played right they are a force to be reckoned with.

-Eked

Thank you. Last night was truly bizarre. I ran Op heals and was in warzones with no less than 2 healers at a time. Once with 4. I kid you not, this was a first for me. I have no idea how many people read this thread, it MUST be a coincidence but truthfully I've never had a night of PUG pvp with so many people healing, or at least trying. It was pretty darn nice.

DPS wise? I am quite comfortable with my DPS, the issue I have is staying up with no heals, that's why I took this direction.

Merc Heals? You're the first to recommend it. I played on teams with moonrunner..... I haven't healed on my Merc in a long time (or very well for that matter) and yes it does seem a lot more difficult. I might try that tonight, or Sorc heals.

Thanks.

Wrong. Sorcs we still have (in no particular order) durwin, nova, klinsmann <3, psychospider. Ops anna'ka, shatterwoman, strykez, dize, jalblurr. Mercs reighner, regis, moonrunner, amigo?...

Pug healers are depleted except for the occasional sorc but to say all the top imp healers are gone would be incorrect. It's my opinion that we are missing top end dpsers, that's why I often run dps to pick up the slack. A lot of my healer buddies still play minus Vandis but the vast majority of top dpsers on my friends list are gone. Sure there were traitors like combatmedic, amigo, okku (on vanish), neb, and especially grisha even though he doesn't heal, but there are still quite a few top imp pvp healers around. In pugs I find that imp dpsers don't focus well or peel which leaves the healers at a big disadvantage running solo. Can't tell you how many times I am the only person attacking Neb in a pug, even after I put a big target on his slippery ***.

-Eked

Before you call me a traitor, you should realize a few things.

1. I ultimately joined LD50 not because they were "the best", but they shared the same mindset I have for PVP for the most part. In addition to that, I can get in a decent group almost anytime between the late afternoon and early morning. I wasn't getting that on the Imp side.

2. Before going to the Pub side, I tried to go to a different guild that I was hoping would fit into #1 above. In the end, when I was ready for a /ginvite, the offer was taken away because I had "a bad attitude". I troll ppl sometimes, and I still don't know how he came to that conclusion specifically. Miscommunication or something, but w/e. Worked out well for me.

So I see it as the Imp side being a traitor to me.

Really, I don't want this thread turning into 'who's a traitor' claims. The reality is a mass exodus happened circa Canderous Ordo, and what I'd like to see is some balance back so BOTH sides have more fun.

The reality of why someone is in Guild 'X' on repside really doesn't change the fact it makes the situation worse as 1-3 guilds gobble up competitive players. The reality is as time goes on, and the more this happens you guys will be playing yourselves. I guarantee it and you will be (if not already) bored. It happened on Kaas City, it'll happen again.

And as for DPS yea, I know what it's like to be one of the only guys shooting Neb'. ;) It sucks to watch a 15K Marauder trying to donkey punch his tank into submission.

As I said the rate of healers I saw last night was amazing. I don't know why but I'll take it. Next we hopefully will some real tanks.....!

Edited by Krozis

The only way to really balance the sides, is for the lacking side step up and educate help all the bads. No one wants to do this so it will remain the same, also in ranked you're much better or relying on great heals great dps and great tanks, and less on crutch i.e. bubble stun, while it's helpful a good team will just plow through it.