How to craft Augment Kits?

ObiJuanShenobi

I feel like such a noob, but I'm the kind of player who has done nothing but pvp since launch and level alts. I've been very narrow-minded on craftting (meaning ill craft when i need money but not religiously) and I just focu on other parts of the game.

Now, with this update...it seems augment kits are the new craze and crafting gear with an augment is a huge money maker now.

My question is: I cant find details anywhere. Maybe Im too drunk to research properly? May I ask...what is the process of creating augmented items? is it a schematic drop? Does a certain crew skill allow you to do it? I'm lost, please fill me in on how I can get started :)

there are two ways to get an Augment into an item: Crit or Kit.

wearable pieces made by a craft can crit to get an augment slot; post-1.3 this slot will be of the same level/craft rank (1-6) as the item. This is now not really great unless it's a level 49-50 item.

To add an Augment slot via a Kit:

- Kits are made by Synthweavers, Armstech or Armormech.

- Kit schematics are learned direct from the trainers.

- to make a Kit you need 10 "augment kit parts" (and a few other materials of the same rank)

- - Parts you get from reverse engineering crafted wearable items; stuff that would crit with a slot, not stuff that would give double on a crit (i.e. bracers but green augments; weapons not barrels from armstech)

- - it's best to get Parts from the cheapest items to make, usually green bracers

- - the kit parts you get depends on the level, so you'd need to make and RE level 49+ wearable stuff to get Mark 6 augment kit parts.

- Once you have a Kit, take it to a crafting station (there's one in the section with the craft trainers on the fleet) and you can add a slot to an item there for a fee.

Once an item has an augment slot you can add an Augment to it like any other mod (as long as the Slot level meets or exceeds the level of augment you're putting in.)

You can also upgrade an Augment slot via a Kit, if the item had a lower level Kit in it before, or a lower level crit-crafted item

Edited by Daefaroth

• 1 year later...
there are two ways to get an Augment into an item: Crit or Kit.

wearable pieces made by a craft can crit to get an augment slot; post-1.3 this slot will be of the same level/craft rank (1-6) as the item. This is now not really great unless it's a level 49-50 item.

To add an Augment slot via a Kit:

- Kits are made by Synthweavers, Armstech or Armormech.

- Kit schematics are learned direct from the trainers.

- to make a Kit you need 10 "augment kit parts" (and a few other materials of the same rank)

- - Parts you get from reverse engineering crafted wearable items; stuff that would crit with a slot, not stuff that would give double on a crit (i.e. bracers but green augments; weapons not barrels from armstech)

- - it's best to get Parts from the cheapest items to make, usually green bracers

- - the kit parts you get depends on the level, so you'd need to make and RE level 49+ wearable stuff to get Mark 6 augment kit parts.

- Once you have a Kit, take it to a crafting station (there's one in the section with the craft trainers on the fleet) and you can add a slot to an item there for a fee.

Once an item has an augment slot you can add an Augment to it like any other mod (as long as the Slot level meets or exceeds the level of augment you're putting in.)

You can also upgrade an Augment slot via a Kit, if the item had a lower level Kit in it before, or a lower level crit-crafted item

But how do I ever get to make an augment kit mk-9 if I can't learn it from trainer? How can I learn it?

I'm a kit crafter , I try and pocket about 10m a week when I'm able to be online , here is an idea on what iv done with my crafters. Now I'm not going to tell you what I do but I'm sure in looking at my crafters you can get an idea in what I'm doing, iv made an assembly line with my characters and they are always running none stop on all 40 crews skills every 30 mins ..

Yes I'm still able to play much of what the game offers still, Ops, FPs, daily's .. hope this helps in idea's for you in making kits,

And yes iv made over 100mill in game doing this .. but I spend a lot at the same time in having every cool item in game on many of my characters, I donate a LOT of $$ into my guild bank, unlocking all 6 slots and dropped 40mill into the bank , total invested in GB has bin 70mill and my goal is to have over 100mill in my guild bank for my members to use for repairs in ops progression and in doing this I'm hopping that one day guild star ship come out and ill be rdy waiting to buy one for my guild ! if that day ever comes ..

Republic :

crafter#1

Synthweaving 450

Archaeology 450

Slicing 450

crafter#2

Artifice 450

Archaeology 450

Slicing 450

crafter#3

Treasure Hunting --

Underworld Trading 450