Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Too much Burst Damage

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Too much Burst Damage

LuciusEverbane's Avatar


LuciusEverbane
08.31.2019 , 09:56 PM | #1
The Devs seriously need to look into the damage output of Mara / Jugg - Fury / Rage. The Spec in doing way too much damage in PvP. Burning through all your DCDs at a feeble attempt at mitigating 25-40k Burst damage is unfair to the other players.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
09.01.2019 , 12:29 AM | #2
Sounds like a L2P issue considering you seem to have an issue with burst on every class.

Just learn to play the classes better and get to know your opponent classes and you’ll have a better time.

Or just play a Merc, lol

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
09.01.2019 , 09:30 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Sounds like a L2P issue considering you seem to have an issue with burst on every class.

Just learn to play the classes better and get to know your opponent classes and you’ll have a better time.

Or just play a Merc, lol
I mean, merc and sniper seem to be the two classes he doesn't have an issue with...

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
09.01.2019 , 09:45 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
I mean, merc and sniper seem to be the two classes he doesn't have an issue with...
LoL, he must be a Merc or a Sniper then. (and a bad one at that). No sane player would complain about the other classes if they were manning them.

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
09.02.2019 , 04:21 PM | #5
I'd rather see burst go up and see many of the DCD's removed from the game. Vanilla swtor was so good because there wasn't so many damn DCD's and everyone and their mom didn't have self heal skills like most of the classes seem to have now.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
09.02.2019 , 05:03 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
I'd rather see burst go up and see many of the DCD's removed from the game. Vanilla swtor was so good because there wasn't so many damn DCD's and everyone and their mom didn't have self heal skills like most of the classes seem to have now.
This ^^

Especially for Lighting Sorcs. Give us back our burst in exchange for reduced DCDs.

Dyne-'s Avatar


Dyne-
09.03.2019 , 05:53 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
This ^^

Especially for Lighting Sorcs. Give us back our burst in exchange for reduced DCDs.
Since i've seen you say this a few times I have to ask, Trixxie. Do you really think giving lightning sorcs more burst is a good idea? Currently there are a couple of very talented lightening sorcs that frequent regs on SF that pull between 6-8k DPS per round. You have to be on top of your DCDs to survive their opener as it is.

Giving any range class burst that outstrips their melee counterparts is already a horrible idea unless you tone down their kiting ability. Kinda why i'm hoping you're joking tbh.

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
09.03.2019 , 06:54 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Dyne- View Post
Since i've seen you say this a few times I have to ask, Trixxie. Do you really think giving lightning sorcs more burst is a good idea? Currently there are a couple of very talented lightening sorcs that frequent regs on SF that pull between 6-8k DPS per round. You have to be on top of your DCDs to survive their opener as it is.

Giving any range class burst that outstrips their melee counterparts is already a horrible idea unless you tone down their kiting ability. Kinda why i'm hoping you're joking tbh.
Lightning sorc burst is pretty mediocre. They reach high dps because their skills chain to multiple enemies. That said, regardless of spec I wish BW would delete bubble stun. Such an obnoxious utility.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
09.03.2019 , 06:36 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Dyne- View Post
Since i've seen you say this a few times I have to ask, Trixxie. Do you really think giving lightning sorcs more burst is a good idea? Currently there are a couple of very talented lightening sorcs that frequent regs on SF that pull between 6-8k DPS per round. You have to be on top of your DCDs to survive their opener as it is.

Giving any range class burst that outstrips their melee counterparts is already a horrible idea unless you tone down their kiting ability. Kinda why i'm hoping you're joking tbh.
Those doing the numbers are using a lot of AOE and not much burst. If you leave me alone all match and let me spam my AOE rotations, I too will do 6k.

Next time you see them, look at how many solo kills they get and how much damage they do and self healing. Then look at their objective points.
I think you will find they have taken a lot less damage, done relatively low self healing, got zero solo kills and low objective points.

All of that points to dps farmers who been left alone for half the match.

As for the burst, lightning Sorc burst is the worst it’s ever been in this game. It is very mediocre and when compared to other burst classes, it’s at the bottom. No one is suggesting they outstrip melee burst or even be that high, but they are too low and need a buff to burst. I could go into the history of the class over the last 8 years in more detail to explain how Bioware nerf the wrong things and buff the wrong things, but we all know they do that with most classes. Let’s just say that many years ago Bioware F’d up bad like they have with Mercs in this meta. That led to them breaking the class with the wrong nerfs because people rightly said it was OP, but Bioware didn’t understand how it was OP.

Of course there are also players that can make any class shine. They are the apex 1% players who can make the worst classes look OP. You really should not use those 2 players as an example of how balanced a class is unless you can find 24 of those type of apex players (one for each class and spec) and then see how they do.

The other issue is the rest of the player base has become so bad over the last 2 years that in many matches, above average players can look like pvp gods because of the bad players they have around them and against them.

If you really want to see how lightning Sorcs perform, roll one yourself and then get to an equal skill level with someone you know on another burst class. Once you’ve done that, have some duels with them and other people you consider of close to equal skill. You will soon realise that Sorcs have good defence and weak burst. Which makes them out of balance.

Let me add, I’m not suggesting boosting the burst with no changes to defence because that would make them OP. What needs to happen is balance and that requires more burst and a reduction in survivability DCDs.

As an example, I can play all game and not die. I do 1.5mil self heals, take 3+mil damage and do 3 mil dps. I spend half my time being a rabbit and making people chase me so my team can cap or so I can interrupt caps. That means a large part of my dps potential is muted because I’m kiting a lot and half my abilities are hard cast. If I’m totally left alone all match, I can spend my time free casting every ability and not waste CDs on healing myself. And if I really wanted to buff my dps numbers I would spend most of that time using a solid AOE rotation. Which has nothing to do with their burst potential. I would rather be able to kill someone than do fluff dps.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
09.03.2019 , 06:39 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Lightning sorc burst is pretty mediocre. They reach high dps because their skills chain to multiple enemies. That said, regardless of spec I wish BW would delete bubble stun. Such an obnoxious utility.
Only if they get rid of the Operative stun back stab to death and you can’t hit them back.
From my perspective, that’s the most obnoxious ability in the game. Wether it is or not is not up to me to decide, but removing bubble stun because it’s obnoxious should also mean removing all the other obnoxious things as well