Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Can anyone give me pointers on playing Combat Jedi Sentinel?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Can anyone give me pointers on playing Combat Jedi Sentinel?

Banderal's Avatar


Banderal
08.23.2019 , 07:39 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarbarian View Post
Thanks for this. I wanted to point this out (tired, need sleep) is that I upped my M/H weapon from 230 to 252 (offhand was already 252) and my damage went up IMMENSELY in random BGs. Like, nearly double the damage.
I can't help with anything else in this thread, but for this "main hand bolster" thing... I think Trixie touched on it already, but just to make sure it's really clear, and so you aren't worried about "wait, maybe the rest of bolster isn't working either!? " It's a known issue that the main hand, and only the main hand doesn't bolster. So what you are seeing makes perfect sense. Luckily, you already fixed it for yourself.

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
08.23.2019 , 09:48 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
I can't help with anything else in this thread, but for this "main hand bolster" thing... I think Trixie touched on it already, but just to make sure it's really clear, and so you aren't worried about "wait, maybe the rest of bolster isn't working either!? " It's a known issue that the main hand, and only the main hand doesn't bolster. So what you are seeing makes perfect sense. Luckily, you already fixed it for yourself.
Get out of here, Banderal! Go back to WOW! Or ESO, whatever it is you are playing now!!!!! What are you doing here btw? lol
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
08.23.2019 , 09:55 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarbarian View Post
Yeah it's depressing but rated PVP provides more resources than regular PVP. I'm grinding has hard as I can.

Keybindings and rotation as Concentration is what I need help with. Gotta figure out how to keybind things such as Valorous Call and Zen. I seem to be starving for energy all the time.
I got the best tips about keybinding by asking on fleet, and in a noob zone tbh.

I watched tons of videos to get an idea how others setup keybinds, but the greatest help was by a guy that spent an hour going over his entire keybinds with me, and why he put them where he put them. I took notes, and set up my noob mara the way he explained.

You might consider recreating a new mara, and start keybinding with that. I say this because starting out keybinds with your entire repertoire of abilities will be overwhelming for you, I think.

Start a new toon once you know how to set up the abilities, and as you level up you will gradually get used to keybinding with skills as you gain them over a longer period of time instead of trying to balance 100 plates as once.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
08.23.2019 , 10:31 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarbarian View Post
I honestly don't. I have been away from this game for 7 years. Just came back after saying a final goodbye to WOW.
Itís all good. At least youíre asking questions. Normally I just see people in matches assuming things and declaring them facts without checking.

Iím surprised you arenít sticking around for WoW classic launch next week. Iím actually swapping from here to there next week.

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
08.23.2019 , 12:30 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Itís all good. At least youíre asking questions. Normally I just see people in matches assuming things and declaring them facts without checking.

Iím surprised you arenít sticking around for WoW classic launch next week. Iím actually swapping from here to there next week.
I wish i could enjoy WOW for longer than a few weeks, for some reason I get bored of it really fast. I actually find the graphics appealing too, I just can't get into the gameplay.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
08.23.2019 , 01:06 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarbarian View Post
I need some help or a web page that talks about it for Jedi Sentinel running Concentration.
here's a starting point: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Tsk0/htmlview#
Krack

Jarbarian's Avatar


Jarbarian
08.23.2019 , 03:41 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
Nice thanks! I guess a need a better mouse?

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
08.23.2019 , 08:40 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
I wish i could enjoy WOW for longer than a few weeks, for some reason I get bored of it really fast. I actually find the graphics appealing too, I just can't get into the gameplay.
But itís classic WoW being relaunched and not normal WoW thatís been made into rubbish. We even get the old class ability point trees back (like we had here too). Canít wait to make my hybrid Frost-Arcane mage for pvp. Iíve already planned out the abilities Iíll need at which level,

Itís nostalgic for me and Iíve already reserved my names last week. Canít wait till early next week for it to go live, Iíve already got my addons ready because itís back to MMO basics and with out them, itís hard to even find where the quest locations are

Iíve even got myself prepared with macros and addons for crafting, cooking and fishing

Iíll either hate it terribly or fall in love all over again. Which means I might come back here for a visit now and again or never come back again. Iíve already cancelled my swtor sub which runs out the day before (good timing for me).

Pvp battlegrounds wonít be released till phase two, but you can OWPVP till then and thatís always fun.by the time BGs become available Iíll be lvlíd and geared enough to start getting my pvp gear and Iíll have my crafting professions where I need them.

I expect Iíll be playing 40-50 hours a week for the next month, which is what I used to play in this game before 5.x made pvp less fun. So Iíll not have time to play swtor except to maybe check some crafting items Iíll get my wife to sell on the GTN.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
08.23.2019 , 08:43 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarbarian View Post
Nice thanks! I guess a need a better mouse?
You can get away with a FPS mouse or Moba mouse by using a shift+ or Alt+ modifier and then KB the rest or hybrid click the less important things. Which is what I do because Iíve got small girl hands and I hate MMO mice.

If you need help with Bolster, let me know. Iíll still be on the forums till the access cookie expires,

betaku's Avatar


betaku
08.27.2019 , 01:17 AM | #30
Just a little example of interface with only keybinding on my sniper, I have the same on my mara.

Sorry for the size of the interface, I'm visually impaired.

https://i.imgur.com/l3hJmQ7.jpg
BŽtrave - Sniper Beta'luna - Gunslinger
PÓxy - MarauderToutesttaku - Sentinel
Darth Malgus
Gaming Rig