Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Just bring it back in 6.0(Expertise)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Just bring it back in 6.0(Expertise)

Yamahara
08.03.2019 , 05:59 PM | #1
I'm talking about PvP gear. BioWare getting rid of it in the first place was a mistake that caused a huge drop in the PvP community. It took what, a day of PvP'ing to get a set of the base gear? A day or two after that to min/max; Then maybe a month to grind, and min/max to have a set of ranked gear. I would take that day or so grind any day over having to do Ossus dailies, and who know's what in 6.0. Also bring back 8v8 ranked(solo/group), and a reg arena queue so player's interested in arena's can get some practice in.
Lukewarm Tauntauns

TrixxieTriss
08.03.2019 , 08:08 PM | #2
Why do we need it back if they are going to bolster everyone in pvp to the highest gear lvl?

Willjb
08.08.2019 , 08:23 PM | #3
-1, Not Signed - pvp utterly doesn't need it and it'd be a hindrance to casuals - as the pvp community is lacking in numbers as it is. This would be the last thing it needs.

sdom
08.09.2019 , 03:04 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Yamahara View Post
I'm talking about PvP gear. BioWare getting rid of it in the first place was a mistake that caused a huge drop in the PvP community.:
No....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Forceal Forcealia Joli Bindo
Lekku Lasher Aytris Artery Clogger
Ophelia Crak Boom Boom Needhealsplox

Seterade
08.11.2019 , 07:24 PM | #5
I've been playing swtor in 230s for giggles for the last 3 weeks... this forum is going to full of so much salt when the ranked players roll out in regs in BiS. it's actually not going to be funny, it's going to be sickening. but you guys keep believing bolster is gear, and it will save pvp.

TrixxieTriss
08.11.2019 , 09:49 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
I've been playing swtor in 230s for giggles for the last 3 weeks... this forum is going to full of so much salt when the ranked players roll out in regs in BiS. it's actually not going to be funny, it's going to be sickening. but you guys keep believing bolster is gear, and it will save pvp.
They’ve said every one will be bolstered to max gear lvl, not under it. At the moment Bolster isn’t set at that level. It is set at 252 instead of 258.
I think you’ll find the only BiS will be getting your secondary stats right, using the correct tactical’s and set bonuses and possibly having the highest Augments.
The gap between highest and lowest gear lvl will still be there under Bolster, but it will be tiny in comparison and skill will be more of a dominating factor than it’s been in years.
As an example, look at Bolster when 5.0 was first released and gear was all set to max or above before they nerfed it. That is how I expect 6.0 to be.

Seterade
08.11.2019 , 10:01 PM | #7
it has nothing to do with stats.

it has to do with dmg reduction during dcds. it is something you need to experience. and I am well aware of bolster being 252, not 258. most peopple in regs do not have 140k hp, however most have 135k, and it is those that you find cut through dcds like they arent there. players much better than I know about it, and so do I now after goofing off in 230s. bolster screws with dcd damage reduction when attacked by non bolstered weapon dmg. there is a reason you dont go into solo ranked in 230s. bolster or no.

TrixxieTriss
08.11.2019 , 10:11 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
it has nothing to do with stats.

it has to do with dmg reduction during dcds. it is something you need to experience. and I am well aware of bolster being 252, not 258. most peopple in regs do not have 140k hp, however most have 135k, and it is those that you find cut through dcds like they arent there. players much better than I know about it, and so do I now after goofing off in 230s. bolster screws with dcd damage reduction when attacked by non bolstered weapon dmg. there is a reason you dont go into solo ranked in 230s. bolster or no.
What main hand weapons are you using and what are they using because we know that Main hand at the moment isn’t covered properly under Bolster (but off hand is and you can test this on a training dummy). If that is the same in 6.0, then I’ll agree that BiS weapons will play a large part.
The rest of the gear is covered under Bolster. Test out what I’m saying and only swap to a 252 or 258 weapon and keep the rest 230 and you’ll see what I mean.
You can test it further with Augments and empty Augment slots as they are by default 236 Mastery if there are none equiped. If you see someone with 228 Mastery Augments, you know 100% they are gimping themselves.
The only Augments that should be used are if you need secondary stats to balance, otherwise leave them empty because equipping even 236 Mastery to only use in pvp is a also a waste of credits.

Zottelkrischan
08.12.2019 , 04:52 AM | #9
i assume i can use some gear pieces with empty and and some with filled augment slots together for bolstering the empty ones?
do i need to install an augment slot at all for bolster?

this and the way how you aquire gear could be reasons to get expertise gear back
ELSE a stickied thread "how bolster works (not works) at the moment and what this means for regs gearing" could help
Tulak Hord Stussverletzung - Robb´anybody - Ichmussweg - Tofutier - Gnhaark - Greta Schloch Zottel - Massaker-klaus - Blínzler - Schreckenshinker

Seterade
08.12.2019 , 09:38 AM | #10
manipulating bolster for stat gain is considered exploiting. I suppose you weren't around for 5.0 launch when dvl exp gear had 150k hp and everyone else was at 130k. (bolster was 250 then)

soon as it became known, bioware swooped in and nerfed dvl gear into the ground. it is currently the worst bolster gear for any instance, from planets, fps, wzs and/or operations.