Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Control point disable item and entrench.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Control point disable item and entrench.

Raansu
09.14.2019 , 04:21 PM | #1
Entrench should not prevent this item usage from being interrupted. Its incredibly stupid to sit there and watch helplessly as a sniper casts the disable item onto the control point and there's nothing you can do about it because entrench is immune to interrupts and stuns and is basically always available....Honestly that ability shouldn't even exist, but that's for another conversation.

Totemdancer
09.14.2019 , 08:15 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Entrench should not prevent this item usage from being interrupted. Its incredibly stupid to sit there and watch helplessly as a sniper casts the disable item onto the control point and there's nothing you can do about it because entrench is immune to interrupts and stuns and is basically always available....Honestly that ability shouldn't even exist, but that's for another conversation.
Snipers should not be able to go into cover with it if sins and ops canít go stealth with the mods.
Please click below link for FREE stuff and Friend Referal for Free 7 day subscription

NogueiraA
09.15.2019 , 01:35 AM | #3
Also they should not be able to use Cover while capping objectives.
EDIT: For Odessen it should be changed to interrupt cast if direct damage is taken, just like planting a door on Voidstar or capping a node on Civil War.
La'izen | Sentinel
Jedi Laizen | Guardian
Satele Shan
BETA tester

Ayushman
09.15.2019 , 05:33 AM | #4
I might be wrong but doesn't a direct attack stops them from disabling nodes?
Why wait for interrupt when you can kill them?
Seasonally 'Drunken' SWarrior... (wip)
Deys Legacy...(wip)... < The Galaxy's Least Wanted/Reputed >
'Do or Don't, there is no try' is polite way of saying 'You su(c)k badly. Go home'
Help out a fellow gamer? Click to know more.

Zurules
09.15.2019 , 08:11 AM | #5
All they need to do is make it when snipers/gunslingers try to captured a point or use a mod in the oddessen wz, that they go OUT of cover to do it. This will make them stunnable and interuptable like everyone else.
All Galaxy Hybrid-Clicker Shadow

Raansu
09.15.2019 , 10:36 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayushman View Post
I might be wrong but doesn't a direct attack stops them from disabling nodes?
Why wait for interrupt when you can kill them?
It does not.

Storm-Cutter
09.16.2019 , 07:51 AM | #7
If enemy snipers can cap OPG nodes while entrenched and uninterruptable, then can't your friendly snipers do the same?

I can't see how this is unfair if it is an option for both teams.
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

Raansu
09.16.2019 , 09:06 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Storm-Cutter View Post
If enemy snipers can cap OPG nodes while entrenched and uninterruptable, then can't your friendly snipers do the same?

I can't see how this is unfair if it is an option for both teams.
Aside from the fact that matchmaking doesn't consider classes so its likely one side will not have a sniper? Even if both teams did, the mechanic is still broken. An ability shouldn't just give complete immunity like that. You have zero ways to stop him from rolling in with entrench and casting the item to disable to point.

Hell, the same problem applies in huttball. They can sit on the ledge with entrench. Can't be lept to, can't be pushed or stun. Entrench, roll with immunity into the endzone and laugh. Its a broken mechanic.

sharkfishman
09.16.2019 , 01:04 PM | #9
Aside from the fact that matchmaking doesn't consider classes so its likely one side will not have a sniper? Even if both teams did, the mechanic is still broken. An ability shouldn't just give complete immunity like that. You have zero ways to stop him from rolling in with entrench and casting the item to disable to point.

Hell, the same problem applies in huttball. They can sit on the ledge with entrench. Can't be lept to, can't be pushed or stun. Entrench, roll with immunity into the endzone and laugh. Its a broken mechanic.
Many classes have stun resistance abilities and the ability to avoid movement impairing effects. So calling for that to be removed is not balanced.

However, the duration of entrench does make it unfair in OTG. I would simply change it to be the way it works in any of the other node capping maps. You can still be interrupted when capping in Void Star, for example, even if you still have entrench going.
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."

Raansu
09.16.2019 , 03:29 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by sharkfishman View Post
Many classes have stun resistance abilities and the ability to avoid movement impairing effects. So calling for that to be removed is not balanced.

However, the duration of entrench does make it unfair in OTG. I would simply change it to be the way it works in any of the other node capping maps. You can still be interrupted when capping in Void Star, for example, even if you still have entrench going.
But a shadow with shroud up for example can still have a item cast be interrupted. That's the difference.

Void star planting bomb can be interrupted by damage, OTG items cannot.