2/22/2012 -> Can we get an update on where the Combat Log is?

TheRealCrucifer

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is by far NOT the most important issue. Are you actually saying that its more important than fixing PvP? Or adding content for 50s? I think not...

more important than pvp? definitely. the % of players that pvp is pretty low compared to pve.

What's up you guys having trouble clearing the content without combat logs lol? :rolleyes:

LOL

The combat log will be used to ruin this game like it helped do to WoW. People will be forced into specs for raiding and then measured and then excluded without cookie cutter builds.

I hope they don't ever add it.

I'm asking politely. This is the #1 biggest issue with SWTOR right now...

Can we get a word on why it is taking so long for this to be implemented when it is so crucial to everything in the game...

Its important to me so its important to everyone....RAWR!!!!!!

can be topped with "Everyone I know...." for double RAWRZ!

LOL

The combat log will be used to ruin this game like it helped do to WoW. People will be forced into specs for raiding and then measured and then excluded without cookie cutter builds.

If your DPS is sub-par, you should be removed? That is the point?

It's quite convenient how they have been mum about the issue since casually mentioning that it will be added in some distant patch in the "near" future.

IMO we're not going to see a combat log any time soon because it will allow players to finally number crunch and from the data we will gather, we're soon going to find out that in most PvE fights, ranged is much more useful than melee for obvious reasons, and that certain classes are constantly on top of the DPS chart (Sorcs/Sages, BH/Troopers, Snipers, and Marauders).

A combat log is simply not good for BW right now as players will demand more tweaks and fixes from the personal and anecdotal data they will be gathering.

(I'm all for a combat log since I love numbers and I find it rather pathetic that a functionality which has been present since Ultima Online is not present in an MMO that cost more than your average Hollywood blockbuster.

LOL

Right, because there are so many options for a PVE spec.... not. Nobody was ever forced into anything, that's all just stupid nonsense told by people over and over again who never srsly were competing for at least the world top 100 in WoW because you had idiot raidleaders and idiot players who cared about Gearscore or some fotm lolspec, no real "pro" raider cared for any of this ****. Just because millions of idiots followed the first idiot to come up with "lulz let's put numbaz on gearz so I knowz who suckz" doesn't make it right. People nowadays srsly lack the skill to use their own damn brain to figure something out and relay too much on stupid kids screaming the loudest to form an opinion or in this case, a spec or gear setup. Ridiculous wannabepros...

It's quite convenient how they have been mum about the issue since casually mentioning that it will be added in some distant patch in the "near" future.

IMO we're not going to see a combat log any time soon because it will allow players to finally number crunch and from the data we will gather, we're soon going to find out that in most PvE fights, ranged is much more useful than melee for obvious reasons, and that certain classes are constantly on top of the DPS chart (Sorcs/Sages, BH/Troopers, Snipers, and Marauders).

A combat log is simply not good for BW right now as players will demand more tweaks and fixes from the personal and anecdotal data they will be gathering.

(I'm all for a combat log since I love numbers and I find it rather pathetic that a functionality which has been present since Ultima Online is not present in an MMO that cost more than your average Hollywood blockbuster.

While I am not normally a tinfoil hat type (ok yes i am) I am starting to think along these lines.

Im starting to think that there are some damage/proc/something issues that would be simple to see with a working combat log. And so until they fix those things there will be no log.

A combat log seems so simple and easy. Heck even games that arent mmos have them. Hell ever play a mud? they have been around for decades, combat is one long combat log.

So ill put on my tinfoil hat and ask What are they hiding!!

Can we get a word on why it is taking so long for this to be implemented when it is so crucial to everything in the game...

I'd say lag/performance issues people are encountering are more important than a combat log.

I'd like to have but don't view it all as "crucial".

I'd say lag/performance issues people are encountering are more important than a combat log.

I'd like to have but don't view it all as "crucial".

Please stop acting like a combat log would slow down every other aspect of the game.

The real reason Bioware won't add a combat log is because then players can see what is broken and not in raids and classes since we would have real numbers to test with.

"....so crucial to everything in the game...."

NO, it truly truly isn't and it's not even close to being the top issue that BW shoudl be focused on. THis has been rehashed 9 times to Sunday:

If you can't L2P via trial and error and learning the same way everything else in life is learned and because yuo're too impatient to die twice without throwing a hissy fit or because you're just plain old itching horribly for your "numbers and proof that such and such class is OP" so you can start the nerfwars, then please, by all means, go play a game that already has a combat log.

BW said they're giving us one. Patience or tantrum: choose.

Mark my words: the week the combat logs are released is the week the PvP and other forums blow up with nerf demands far beyond any we've seen so far.

Edited by Blotter

LOL

It's funny. I believe that it should be implemented for exactly those reasons. If you want to raid, you should be forced into the optimal spec to do so. I am sorry but hybrid specs just won't cut it.

Please stop acting like a combat log would slow down every other aspect of the game.

The real reason Bioware won't add a combat log is because then players can see what is broken and not in raids and classes since we would have real numbers to test with.

That's not at all what he said. He was saying they are likley prioritizing other issues first. They can't do EVERYTHING in parallel. Some things have to be done in serial.....or cereal, depending on your tastes.

If your DPS is sub-par, you should be removed? That is the point?

There was a time in your gaming life that you didn't even know what the abbreviation DPS meant.

Instead, you improved over time and learned how things work, just like anything else in life.

Trying to single someone out as being "bad" when they are simply inexperienced and could use some practice/advice is exactly the attitude that has turned these games from a primarily social beast into a cesspool for youngsters to swim around in and splash all the adults.

It's funny. I believe that it should be implemented for exactly those reasons. If you want to raid, you should be forced into the optimal spec to do so. I am sorry but hybrid specs just won't cut it.

Hybrid Telekinetics/Balance Sages would like a word with you.

Huh? When did I say it would slow down everything?

I simply listed one issue that more people would like fixed than adding a combat log. A second would be UI improvements.

LOL

Not if they implement a combat log that only displays damage and healing done by you and done to you. Now if the combat log can be used to determine other players contributions then yes it could be a problem.

if you think you need a combat logs in this game, you may as well cancel your account right now!

any of the pre-made specs should be good enough to RAID. However I know that they aren't but until my dual specs are implemented, I'm not switching my Focus Sentinel to Watchman just to do better at raids.