Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mercenary Changes Brainstorming

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Mercenary Changes Brainstorming
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

stockwizzle
11.03.2013 , 12:46 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by TezMoney View Post
This would make me, as a Merc Healer, unstoppable. It's a bit too much.
right now in 4v4 you are the easiest healer to shut down by a big margin.. i literally have never had a problem taking out a merc/mando healer.. and on top of that, i didnt even have to pop my electro net on the healer to do it
SUPANOOBA COMMANDO - POT5
*******EXODUS************************************* *******

fujeo-finel
11.03.2013 , 01:10 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by fujeo-finel View Post
Change Barrage to give Tracer Missile a 33%/66%/100% chance to lower Unload's cooldown by 5 seconds and it's channel time by 0.5 seconds. Stacks 3 times.
Give Barrage the Lightning treatment. Tracer Missile has a chance to make your next Unload tick twice as fast and cost no heat. Can only happen once every few seconds.

Rambeezy
11.03.2013 , 02:14 AM | #103
I cant tell if people are trolling or not.

Why would we not want Bioware to make our regen system like sorcs? How would this hurt us?
If you don't want a buff to our resource system, please explain why. Otherwise I'm considering it trolling.

PerinnAybara
11.03.2013 , 06:27 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Rambeezy View Post

Why would we not want Bioware to make our regen system like sorcs? How would this hurt us?
If you don't want a buff to our resource system, please explain why. Otherwise I'm considering it trolling.
Because it would be accompanied with a nerf to many of our abilities. We like a high skill cap in our damage. We like being able to burst when we want at sacrifice of our damage, and to maintain a tight gap between dealing lots of sustained damage and doing burst.

Heals are screwed though. Its resource return on rapid scan is pathetic in comparison what it should've been.
Character: Mathrim Cauthon, 50 Mercenary on Prophecy of the Five

TezMoney
11.03.2013 , 09:25 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by stockwizzle View Post
right now in 4v4 you are the easiest healer to shut down by a big margin.. i literally have never had a problem taking out a merc/mando healer.. and on top of that, i didnt even have to pop my electro net on the healer to do it
Perhaps, but I find most people targeting dps before they target me. Pretty sure Sorc's are easier to take down in an arena, especially if I'm there with an electronet to cat them before or after force barrier. Also if you use electronet on me is a waist, because I will just sit there and cast while it hardly does any damage. After reading this thread I'm starting to think a lot of mercs don't know how to play the class properly to maximize the survive-ablity and manage their heat.

Ultimately it's no reason to make the class completely OP. I mean one class HAS to be the easiest. As long as it's not by a huge margin who cares which it is?

Speaking for me personally, I like the challenge it brings. It's funny people demand a new energy system instead of just fixing their rotation so the don't over-heat, it's not that hard to do. If that means you lose out on hps or dps then that's what needs tweaking. I'm not saying I never get my heat up too high, but when I do that's when I pop my cooldowns.

No on complained about the system when our moves barely cost any heat and we could pretty much spam. There has to exist a happy medium. Not to mention changing the energy system would come with a host of other changes and may take a way even more of what I love about this class.

TezMoney
11.03.2013 , 09:32 AM | #106
[double post]

odawgg
11.03.2013 , 10:27 AM | #107

Because it's completely unnecessary, a tweak or two will make the current system perfect. If you go completely changing everything now we gotta wait months to years for them to find the right balance with the new system. Our resource system isn't far off from being fine, no reason to reinvent the wheel.

Phrase
11.03.2013 , 10:33 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by odawgg View Post
Because it's completely unnecessary, a tweak or two will make the current system perfect. If you go completely changing everything now we gotta wait months to years for them to find the right balance with the new system. Our resource system isn't far off from being fine, no reason to reinvent the wheel.
I have to agree with this. The suggestions for CD tweaks on our heat mgmt tools as well as re-instituting the free Rail Shot to the Eliminator set are the best way to go. Keep the complexity, but make it a tad easier to manage.

Sixgun
Satele Shan

twiggie
11.03.2013 , 10:44 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by odawgg View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Phrase View Post
I have to agree with this. The suggestions for CD tweaks on our heat mgmt tools as well as re-instituting the free Rail Shot to the Eliminator set are the best way to go. Keep the complexity, but make it a tad easier to manage.
Absolutely agree. Our resource system is fine. We just need a few tweaks to abilities and talents.

Rambeezy
11.03.2013 , 12:56 PM | #110
So basically pure speculation is why y'all don't want to see our regen system get buffed. Ok.

Here's a fact, if bodyguards rotation gets stuff added in, we will NEED some resource love. However they do this is fine, as long as it works. What I want is for our regen to be at max until we go over 60%. No overhaul, just a slight increase to how much heat we can use without losing prescious regen. If they do this, there's no doubt in my mind that they can add stuff to our rotation without breaking us.

Don't forget, to fix how easy bodyguards get shutdown, we will need stuff added to our rotation.
Thank you