Does armor in PVP matter?

UGunaLOSE

Just out of curiosity! I have seen some gaurdians/juggs wearing light armor instead of heavy armor. I asked why they did that and they said because it looked cooler to them. So I want to know:

Does a guardian/jugg wearing light armor, instead of heavy armor, negatively affect them in PVP?

They must have been wearing adaptive armor. Even if they were to wear true light armor, they would lose little actual armor rating as the pieces dropped into the light shell would still be juggernaut components.

I personally would get adaptive armor, or stick to my toons default armor grade.

as far as I know,

-Seeng

</thread>

Edited by Seengularity

Adaptive armor with a light-armor look? Not at all!

Actual light armor? Yes, it hurts them. Doesn't matter if they are DPS or tank: everyone takes damage. A ton of damage in PVP is mitigated by armor, no matter how we may ***** and moan about internal/elemental damage.

Just out of curiosity! I have seen some gaurdians/juggs wearing light armor instead of heavy armor. I asked why they did that and they said because it looked cooler to them. So I want to know:

Does a guardian/jugg wearing light armor, instead of heavy armor, negatively affect them in PVP?

Yes, it does.