Distance offset on deco hooks

xordevoreaux

We'll never get the x, y, z, scaling, and rotation capabilities of Everquest 2 which I've asked for at least

twice (that I remember), but perhaps we could have one more hook placement axis, which you could call the "z" axis, but is really a measurement indicating the distance of the decoration away from the hook's placement (any hook, wall, floor, ceiling).

For example, if you planted something on a floor hook, you could then set the distance offset in such a way that it lifts the object off the ground, and the opposite for a ceiling hook, lowering the deco toward the ground, and for a wall hook, moving the object away from the wall.

The center point on the axis slider would be default, meaning directly on the hook. The far left would be INTO the hook, like you want to partially bury an object into a wall. The far right on the slider would be away from the hook, putting the deco in the air.

Edit: And this really isn't a CM suggestion but wasn't paying attention to where I was when I posted. I blame fever delirium.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I would so love it if we had Z axis adjustment and if the offset was increased to +/- 40. There are so many places where, due to poor hook placement, decos do not sit properly. Floor hooks on Rishi where half the rug is not visible, wall hooks on Alderaan where the deco floats away from the wall. Increased offset would help so much with all of those decos that only go on a large hook but that can not be offset enough so they sit against a wall, such as the Droid Engineer's Workbench, Zakuulan Shield and Staff Weapon Rack, and the Zakuulan Staff Weapon Rack (just to name a few of the many, many decos like this). And Z axis adjustments would open up so many decorating options. We could finally make full use of the two stages. Plant decos could be lowered into the terrain to hide their planter so they look planted.

Z axis and an increase to the offset would be to major quality of life improvements for strongholds.

Oh, yes!

I get so tired of personnel decos standing in things like Concert Stages, Field Science Stations, etc. instead of on them where they belong. This, along with personnel decos in a sitting position (so they can be placed on sofas, chairs, etc. especially ones that are part of Arrangments), is one of my biggest wants decorating-wise...