Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A personal appeal to my fellow players to log into PTS when it's up

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A personal appeal to my fellow players to log into PTS when it's up

Void_Singer
01.18.2020 , 04:14 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
Best time to kavetch (cough) add insight about class changes is while they're still being updated. [...]
yes, because that worked so well for all the still existing problems that were reported for 6.0...

PTS for devs has become a "does it crash" test.... and for users, a "is there some new exploit" sneak peek.
If it moves, shoot it.
if it stops moving... shoot it again.
- Anonymous Mercenary

This is My Referral Link. There are many like it but this one is mine.

DarthSpuds
01.19.2020 , 04:14 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
It wasn’t like that when they initially tested the Eternal Championship and it wasn’t like that when they tested the GSF changes. There was a time when there was a lot more back and forth. Maybe the players who tested Gods of the Machine bosses feel differently. But I’m old enough to remember when they listened to feedback on PTS.
All true.
But how the PTS was used 5 years ago isn't really relevant to how it is used now.

Everyone who plays this game knows for a fact that 6.0 Crafting is as broken as it can be.
ALL of the feedback on PTS told them this would be the case.
But they went ahead anyway.
Since then there's been a 10-15% shift on a scale that needed 80-90% of movement.
So they are still NOT LISTENING to feedback.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

TrixxieTriss
01.19.2020 , 07:25 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
All true.
But how the PTS was used 5 years ago isn't really relevant to how it is used now.

Everyone who plays this game knows for a fact that 6.0 Crafting is as broken as it can be.
ALL of the feedback on PTS told them this would be the case.
But they went ahead anyway.
Since then there's been a 10-15% shift on a scale that needed 80-90% of movement.
So they are still NOT LISTENING to feedback.

All The Best
Or responding to requests on when bug fixes will be implemented.
I think fixing game breaking bugs in the live game would be priority NUMBER ONE instead of bug fixing the PTS

Transcendent
01.19.2020 , 09:51 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I think fixing game breaking bugs in the live game would be priority NUMBER ONE instead of bug fixing the PTS
To be quite honest, bug fixing should be priority number one over any content or PTS testing or any other game changes (including crafting etc). There are numerous bugs that still haven't been addressed and really should be looked at, over development of future content.

I wouldn't take an issue with new content taking a back seat to quashing the bugs, I'd welcome it if it improved the game for countless players both old and new alike.
REFERRAL LINK - Previous subscribers get seven days of subscription, one Complimentary Character Transfer (and more unlocks) - New players get a Jumpstart bundle with unlocks, for free!- Literally the small print

TrixxieTriss
01.19.2020 , 11:18 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
To be quite honest, bug fixing should be priority number one over any content or PTS testing or any other game changes (including crafting etc). There are numerous bugs that still haven't been addressed and really should be looked at, over development of future content.

I wouldn't take an issue with new content taking a back seat to quashing the bugs, I'd welcome it if it improved the game for countless players both old and new alike.
100% this

DarthSpuds
01.19.2020 , 03:43 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post

I agree entirely.
But Bioware won't agree to that.

Because "new content" offers new monetisation options through the store.
Bug Fixing doesn't.
And the Bean Counters are in charge,

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.