Since sorcs are asking for cover on PTS forum

biowareftw

I would like to ask for the following things for other classes.

Everyone should get a ranged stun.

Everyone should get a friendly pull.

Everyone needs sprint. It isn't fair that a sorc can run back to a node/door after a death faster then other players.

Classes without a knockback? Get one.

Ranged interrupt on melee classes? Yes please.

Ranged slow on all melee classes. Yup I need this as well.

Instant cast 2-3 k heal that can't be dispelled (bubble). Yup. Definitely going to need that.

Lower all dps rotations to that of a madness sorc/hybrid so we can all play our classes on our X box controllers, while eating nachos.

All classes should be able to heal themselves when LOS'ing behind a pillar. I feel my Pyro PT needs this since sorc's have it. Wouldn't be OP at all. Also my carnage marauder would like it also. Root, los, heal self would be totally balanced.

Since all classes except jug are pigeonholed into one spec for ranked, but only sorcs feel the need to complain about it 24/7? We want other viable specs as well. We are going to throw a tantrum and DEMAND a developer talk to us until then as well. Getting our inner sorc on.

Also I would like a healing/tank spec for my marauder and sniper, so that at anytime I can respec for free and carry bad players in pugs. Topping dps just isn't enough sometimes.

Until 2.0? Everyone needs bubblestun baseline. Think about it sorcs! Less time spamming bubble. More time bunny hopping!

Instant aoe mes. Needs to be on all classes.

Melee attacks need a 30 meter range.

Cleanse. Hells yeah!

/signed all other classes who don't get any developer attention due to forums being dominated by crying sorcs. who yell at other sorcs, who say they are fine.

Edited by biowareftw

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must really have trouble with sorcs in warzones.

Not really. Most of them backpedal and think they are tank specced. They also like to use their stun before their mes, and they use it offensively instead of defensively.

This post probably went right over your head. It's ok. I expected it would. You were probably too busy pressing your s key while reading it. Old habits die hard.

Yeah, if there is one class that is amazingly over-powered and has received inordinate amounts of attention and special treatment in this game...it is certainly Sorcs.

Yes bubble stun is very weak, which is why every single ranked team brings one, and why if you don't have one in a pug, and the other team does? You usually lose.

Poor sorcerers. I don't know how you have coped this last year. You guys should write a book on hardships. You could name it "Pity Party: The Sorcerer's Burden".

Other books could include, "How to wear a skirt like a man", and "Rolling Cloth Classes in MMO's, how to have a built in excuse for when you fail," and "Squishy, because 5 percent is a big freakin deal".

Edited by biowareftw

Not really. Most of them backpedal and think they are tank specced. They also like to use their stun before their mes, and they use it offensively instead of defensively.

This post probably went right over your head. It's ok. I expected it would. You were probably too busy pressing your s key while reading it. Old habits die hard.

ZOMG SOMEONE SPEAKING MY WORDS or so it seems.

Can you tell me one thing? If sorc is soooo OP, then why are you not playing one already? Oh yes, I know, "too easy". Especially compared to your PT, right? Cus spamming flameburst/rail shot and watching people drop like flies is HAAAAAARD!

Can you tell me one thing? If sorc is soooo OP, then why are you not playing one already? Oh yes, I know, "too easy". Especially compared to your PT, right? Cus spamming flameburst/rail shot and watching people drop like flies is HAAAAAARD!

Right on first part. Wrong on second part. The PT is also too easy. I betad the sorc, I have played every class in this game. The only dps specs I enjoy in this game are Ann marauder (maybe carnage in 2.0, since it looks more engaging, currently we just spam one button with our 30 stack and force scram on a proc), Concealment OP/scrapper scoundrel, MM sniper, Infiltration/deception shadow/sin.

Let me tell you exactly what a dps sorcerer is. It is almost EXACTLY the same as a WoW Shadow priest without the need to shift in and out of shadw form (dps form) to heal, and without having to worry about offensive dispels, and with a much simpler rotation. I never said it was OP, I said it was fine.

I have played this EXACT SAME CLASS with more buttons. I played it in a game where melee are MUCH better at controlling you, and have more burst. Rogues were much better in WoW then OP's/scoundrels for almost every expansion, and you saw a lot of them in arenas.

Now this is the part where you cry about WoW or something. I didn't think WoW was the "best game ever", I thought UItima Online was. I played it because friends played it and arena was fun.

But...a dps sorc is a shadow priest. The spells are almost exact. I played this class for years. Even the friendly pull is on a priest. It is EASIER to succeed on a sorc then it was on a priest in WoW. It is much easier to kite in this game on a "priest class", (no you aren't a mage class, mage classes can't offheal, if you want a mage class play a sniper/slinger).

I could care less that there are easier classes/specs in this game. They designed them like that for a reason. I care about clueless people making hundreds of idiotic posts, asking for stupid buffs, with the idea that a dps sorc is somehow gimped compared to all other dps healer hybrid specs. It is WAY better then a merc dps, or a op dps atm. It isn't even close. It is also better then arsenal PT. The class is VERY good as pug dps, more then fine in pve dps. With lightning/TK you are pretty much getting an elemental shaman with burst. It will be great in Pugs and probably not good in rateds. Good thing respeccing is free huh? You are still one of the ESSENTIAL classes needed for a rated.

What is a dps sorc not better then? Jug smash, Hybrid Sin's, and pure dps specs. Carnage is mainly a utility spec atm, so you SHOULD be outdamaging a carnage marauder in a pug WZ by quite a bit with a sorc.

There is a reason for this though (balance) and this is most likely by design. Tanks almost always have a pretty powerful pvp spec. Why? So that the game has tanks for raids. The healing spec is almost always the BEST spec on a healer class. Why? So the game has healers for raids. MMO's have to keep pve players just as happy (and they make up more of the pop the pvp players).

But whatever. Keep complaining and asking them to do something they aren't going to do. Whatever makes you happy.

Edited by biowareftw

Okay, I see your point. Sorcs are fine. But for some unknown reason, bads always play sorc and sorcs are always played by bads. They should all l2p and then they would see how OP their class actually is. Thanks for the great contribution.

Everyone needs sprint. It isn't fair that a sorc can run back to a node/door after a death faster then other players.

Instant cast 2-3 k heal that can't be dispelled (bubble). Yup. Definitely going to need that.

Lower all dps rotations to that of a madness sorc/hybrid so we can all play our classes on our X box controllers, while eating nachos.

All classes should be able to heal themselves when LOS'ing behind a pillar. I feel my Pyro PT needs this since sorc's have it. Wouldn't be OP at all. Also my carnage marauder would like it also. Root, los, heal self would be totally balanced.

Since all classes except jug are pigeonholed into one spec for ranked, but only sorcs feel the need to complain about it 24/7? We want other viable specs as well. We are going to throw a tantrum and DEMAND a developer talk to us until then as well. Getting our inner sorc on.

Also I would like a healing/tank spec for my marauder and sniper, so that at anytime I can respec for free and carry bad players in pugs. Topping dps just isn't enough sometimes.

Until 2.0? Everyone needs bubblestun baseline. Think about it sorcs! Less time spamming bubble. More time bunny hopping!

Cleanse. Hells yeah!

/signed all other classes who don't get any developer attention due to forums being dominated by crying sorcs. who yell at other sorcs, who say they are fine.

Excuse me sir, but have you played a sorc?

Yes bubble stun is very weak, which is why every single ranked team brings one, and why if you don't have one in a pug, and the other team does? You usually lose.

Poor sorcerers. I don't know how you have coped this last year. You guys should write a book on hardships. You could name it "Pity Party: The Sorcerer's Burden".

Other books could include, "How to wear a skirt like a man", and "Rolling Cloth Classes in MMO's, how to have a built in excuse for when you fail," and "Squishy, because 5 percent is a big freakin deal".

OP, your trolling attempts never cease to entertain. :)

Also, can you show us where the bad sorc touched you? ;)

Excuse me sir, but have you played a sorc?

Yes which is why I can refer to the trees/talents, cons/pluses of AC's.

I don't just refer to things as "smash" and act as if a marauder is the same as a jug...

Then again? Just look at the stupidity in this thread. People actually think I am complaining about Sorcs INSIDE THE GAME. That is how clueless they are. Sarcasm went over their head. Then again they think they are the only class in the game that has only one viable ranked spec. That is how out of touch with reality they are. Every class in this game has one viable ranked spec except for jug's/guardians.

Let me sum of the stupidity of most of these posts.

Hi my class was/is

1. The best healer at release bar none.

2. Always viable as both pve and pvp dps, with madness having the easiest dps rotation in the game.

3. Has been the best solo queue class in the game (pugs) as bubblestun. You will win more games playing a sorc then any other class.

4. Has always had a secured spot in ranked matches as a healer.

5. Can easily lead dps in pug warzones. Yeah you WILL lose more then when you play as healer/bubblestun, but that is because that spec is all that matters atm. It doesn't mean that dps specs are broken.

6. I suffer a whole 5 percent more dmg as cloth then as medium armor, yet I am super "squishy".

7. I can respec for FREE at anytime and fill a crucial healing role in a pug WZ.

Now what would you say about that class. The sorc community calls it broken. What more is there to say. You people have nothing to stand on and all arguments you submit revolve around wanting to be better at multiple roles then other classes. You are asking for something that is never going to happen in an MMO. The sooner you learn that, the better.

Yes which is why I can refer to the trees/talents, cons/pluses of AC's.

I don't just refer to things as "smash" and act as if a marauder is the same as a jug...

Then again? Just look at the stupidity in this thread. People actually think I am complaining about Sorcs INSIDE THE GAME. That is how clueless they are. Sarcasm went over their head. Then again they think they are the only class in the game that has only one viable ranked spec. That is how out of touch with reality they are. Every class in this game has one viable ranked spec except for jug's/guardians.

Let me sum of the stupidity of most of these posts.

Hi my class was/is

1. The best healer at release bar none.

2. Always viable as both pve and pvp dps, with madness having the easiest dps rotation in the game.

3. Has been the best solo queue class in the game (pugs) as bubblestun. You will win more games playing a sorc then any other class.

4. Has always had a secured spot in ranked matches as a healer.

5. Can easily lead dps in pug warzones. Yeah you WILL lose more then when you play as healer/bubblestun, but that is because that spec is all that matters atm. It doesn't mean that dps specs are broken.

6. I suffer a whole 5 percent more dmg as cloth then as medium armor, yet I am super "squishy".

7. I can respec for FREE at anytime and fill a crucial healing role in a pug WZ.

Now what would you say about that class. The sorc community calls it broken. What more is there to say. You people have nothing to stand on and all arguments you submit revolve around wanting to be better at multiple roles then other classes. You are asking for something that is never going to happen in an MMO. The sooner you learn that, the better.

you lost all credibility with number 2. Madness/Balance isn't a hard rotation but pyrotechs is way easier. plus there are zero hard classes to play in this game. let me say this again there are 0 classes that are hard to play. if you find a class difficult to play then you my friend are bad. that is all. have a nice day

Jenna'syyde

Blah....blah...blah....yakitity smackity.

Have you noticed that all your posts are comparing Sorcs on Live servers? The people posting on PTS are asking for the one spec that has the worst DPS in the game to be brought up to be on par with the other classes. Oh yeah cause it got worse with the updates on PTS.

Cover was one of the possible fixes, not one I would support, but don't make an entire thread bashing people on PTS asking for something that, is sub par on Live and got worse with the PTS updates, to be corrected.

Anyway, I am done with this trash, go back under the bridge.

Cleanse. Hells yeah!

I play a sorc and I have no desire to see them with cover. The Op is just a troll and douchey however.

Have you noticed that all your posts are comparing Sorcs on Live servers? The people posting on PTS are asking for the one spec that has the worst DPS in the game to be brought up to be on par with the other classes. Oh yeah cause it got worse with the updates on PTS.

It's even worse than that. He's comparing some sort of mixture of past, future and present sage to other classes. Apparently, according to him, just because they were good healers at release (*) they deserve to be nerfed. And apparently they're somehow OP on PTS because they have stunbubble on live. Don't ask me how's that "logic" work.

(*) no they weren't. People just didn't play as well back then and didn't know how to focus the sage, but put 1.0 sage in today's warzone, with smashers abound and people going out of their way to kill them and they have a snowball's chance in hell of lasting long enough to make a difference.