No luck at 50

RikHar

Is anyone having problems reverse-engineering level 50 items? I mean, not having any luck RE'ing a green to get a blue or a blue to get a purple?

From what I've seen at low levels you can reverse any piece and quickly get a better schematic. But at level 50, forget it! And it doesn't matter what crating profession it is as I've tried them all. It seems at level 50 the so-called "20%" rate is totally non-existent.

Many times in one sitting I've wasted 30-40 pieces and nothing. And I've done this many times bringing a total result to way over 100 pieces on one specify item and again, failure. Now, I understand the rate and the luck of the draw and all that but this is ridiculous.

Have you been getting same results or not?

Thanks

Is anyone having problems reverse-engineering level 50 items? I mean, not having any luck RE'ing a green to get a blue or a blue to get a purple?

From what I've seen at low levels you can reverse any piece and quickly get a better schematic. But at level 50, forget it! And it doesn't matter what crating profession it is as I've tried them all. It seems at level 50 the so-called "20%" rate is totally non-existent.

Many times in one sitting I've wasted 30-40 pieces and nothing. And I've done this many times bringing a total result to way over 100 pieces on one specify item and again, failure. Now, I understand the rate and the luck of the draw and all that but this is ridiculous.

Have you been getting same results or not?

Thanks

It's all RNG. On my consular, I had horrible luck in Biochem while trying to get a specific version of implant at 50. I've had decent luck with augments on my armormech and have both epic versions of aim and cunning augments. On my cybertech, I was pretty lucky and got the epic 22 cunning armorings and mods rather quickly too.

Unfortunately, it's all RNG. Personally, I'd rather the system be a bit more linear where you hunted down some rare component or partial schematic that when combined with what you could already build gave you a new schematic (in otherwords, minimized RNG) - yet, we have what we have.