Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Forcing PvP or PvE for mats - subbed players quit

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Forcing PvP or PvE for mats - subbed players quit

Raazmir
09.20.2020 , 05:50 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Erevan_Kindelar View Post
Since BW want to get people to PvP more, and more people to PvP, surely it would makes sense to reach out to two groups - first the player base and ask them what would incentivize them to go for PvP, and second email to lapsed subs asking them to take a few minutes in return for appropriate compensation to ask what would incentivize them to resub and PvP.

I mean, it is like buying a Christmas present for your nearest and dearest... you can either give them what you want to give them and be unsurprised when they are not too thrilled at being given a gift card to reduce the price of that skimpy Victoria's Secret underwear* you have been begging them to buy. Or you can actually spend some time interacting with them, and trying to figure out what they actually want...

* If your nearest and dearest is a guy, and you want to see them in something from Victoria's Secret, I am not going to judge or condemn your choices. But please do not send me the pictures.
If they want people to do PVP more they have to kill solo ranked. It has to be difficult for the players who are so obnoxious they can't find 3 other people to group with them willingly to engage in it.
Mk'dermott 55 Sniper
Makkant 55 powertech

eabevella
09.20.2020 , 10:15 PM | #12
I don't play pvp because I don't want to interact with real people. Daily GF is my limit.

Nothing Bioware does can change that, but as someone who like to max up my toons, I hate the idea that I can't get the new augment because I can only get the components through doing something I loath. Guess I'll just forgot about augment all together.

Batwer
09.21.2020 , 12:22 AM | #13
I only do PvP for the achievements. Otherwise I don't want anything to do with it. Too many toxic people.
You! Yes, exactly you! Click me:
http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6

JediQuaker
09.21.2020 , 07:15 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by eabevella View Post
Nothing Bioware does can change that, but as someone who like to max up my toons, I hate the idea that I can't get the new augment because I can only get the components through doing something I loath. Guess I'll just forgot about augment all together.
So, you're saying you loath buying stuff from the GTN? 🤔
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Toraak
09.21.2020 , 08:07 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
So, you're saying you loath buying stuff from the GTN? 🤔
At the prices these new augments will cost, they'll be out of reach for the average player. Some of us will be able to afford them or the mats, but most won't. The prices will be far to high.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P