The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

elliotcat

Celebration

Another Scourge and Remi story that takes place just after chapter 3 ends.

The Jedi had been acting strangely. He had decided to stay with her crew until he was certain the Emperor was truly dead. Her crew did not want him there. The doctor avoided him, which was a benefit, the other Jedi complained and whispered about him to her former master every chance she had. If the other two had anything to say, he never heard it but he was certain they were hoping he would leave on his own.

The Jedi, on the other hand treated him the same as she always had. When he questioned her about it, she told him once she accepted him there was no point in hostility unless he did something to change that. If she were Sith, she would know there was always a point in hostility. He had learned to tolerate her jovial nature, her penchant for teasing, her annoying habit of returning his insults with a smile, but now she was acting strangely, perhaps she had changed her mind.

She stared at him sometimes when she thought he could not see, it was appraising, calculating. She had bumped into him once, an accident supposedly, but someone as nimble as she would not stumble like that unless it was intentional. He had gone to ask her questions and she had quickly hidden a console or a datapad from his view. He wondered if she was looking for a way to dispatch him. Perhaps the Council had given the order, she was still loyal to them no matter how she pretended she thought for herself.

Today she had sent everyone on various ‘errands’ ridiculous ones meant to take a day or more. The ship was empty except for them. A course was plotted in to a numbered planet in neutral territory, the course she plotted was odd, meant to confuse, as if she did not want anyone to know where they had been or where they were going.

“We have a mission.” She had said, but would not elaborate.

He prepared himself for a fight, he probably could not stand against her, he had not been able to the first time, but he knew some of her weaknesses. If she made a mistake, he could get the upper hand. He checked his lightsaber and his armor. He was as ready as he could be, it was interesting to think he would die by the hands of the Jedi he had accepted immortality to find in the first place.

“I see you’re ready to go,” the Jedi said from the cargo bay door. She was unusually serious. He met her eyes and could not read anything there, her expression was closed. He realized now that her smiles and affable expressions were masks of a kind, designed so that learning to read her was impossible. He nodded and she prepared to land the ship.

They walked for a long while on a dusty yellow planet, they came to a cliff, she maneuvered to stand behind him. The back of his neck tingled with warning. He heard a sound of something igniting, he spun reaching for his lightsaber.

Remi stood with a palm sized cake and a sparkler sticking out. The sparkler sent off little bursts of light.

“Happy Birthday, Lord Scourge.” She smiled as if she thought his expression was hilarious. He had not celebrated the day of his birth in centuries. That was something done among family and friends which he no longer had. He had forgotten today was that day, how had the Jedi figured it out?

“How did you know?” he asked suspiciously.

She grinned insolently, “That’s my secret. Now blow out the sparkler.” He considered walking away from her, a show that he was not going to play her games. Then he looked into her eyes and saw the challenge there. “I made it easy on you, there’s only one, I figured three-hundred-thirty-five sparklers would be more like a bonfire.”

He walked up to her and put the sparkler out between his fingertips.

“Can we go now?” he asked scowling. Instead of answering, she walked to the edge of the cliff and pointed down, less than a dozen meters below them was a bandit hideout. Planets like these were a common place for thugs and mercenaries to build a stronghold. The signs of activity indicated roughly fifty bandits living there.

“These guys used to be Exchange members,” she explained. “They wanted a bigger cut from their bosses so they stole the last big hit they made and branched out on their own.”

Scourge snorted, he hated greed.

“Of course, when the Exchange came after them, they didn’t have the resources to run, hide, or fight so they struck a deal.” She paused, “With a Republic Senator.”

Scourge eyed the Jedi who looked almost angry.

“The Senator supports them with food, and weapons, in exchange they rob and raid Imperial trade ships traveling through this sector.”

“They work for the Republic.” He stated.

“They attack civilians, Imperial civilians, but civilians nonetheless, all on the permission of a Republic Senator.” She said with no emotion.

He scowled, he hated Republic authority.

“I thought we’d kill them all.” Remi concluded putting the cake down, neither of them was going to eat it.

Now he stared at her in shock, the gentle Jedi who spared everyone, speaking of wholesale massacre. “What no mercy? No warning? No chance to let them give themselves up? What about your Council?”

“The Council knows, but they don’t interfere with the Senate. These mercenaries have Senate immunity and they run a child slavery ring, mostly prostitution. I’m good with killing.” She shrugged, but he could see she had debated this for a long time.

“Is this my gift?” he asked mockingly.

“If you want,” she was already looking down, analyzing the best angle of attack.

He studied her face; the knowledge of this place had stained her views of her Council, and her precious Republic. The way she chose to deal with it, would stain her views of herself. He grinned darkly and drew his lightsaber.

She drew hers and her smile matched his, “Try to keep up, old man.”

I really need to level a JK. Nicely done, Kabeone

Guilty Pleasures:

Amilia and Stion'n

"Good. You would need to buy me dinner first."

Quick, silly and stupid :p

Right on! Enjoyed this. Liked that Amilia was like 'whatevs' and the captain was all scandalized. *snicker*

Edited by Morgani

Celebration

“The Council knows, but they don’t interfere with the Senate. These mercenaries have Senate immunity and they run a child slavery ring, mostly prostitution. I’m good with killing.” She shrugged, but he could see she had debated this for a long time.

This line disturbed me because you know it's happening in the SW universe. The Empire may be cruel and in some way evil, but the Republic doesn't sparkle either. Rub the top coat a little and the tarnish starts to eat away everything else. This is why my Brei'yu defected to the Empire. They aren't any better, not by a long shot. But you can expect their treachery. The Republic likes to play that they are the chosen. But their hands are just as dirty.

Hi everyone! Still reading and must say love everyones stories!:)

Anyway new story!:D

Title: Calling

Prompt:Guilty Pleasures

It was midnight and all was well on Svein's ship, The Blade. Everyone was sound asleep and the only sound that could be heard was the deathly sound of Quinn's snoring which echoed through the ship causing everyone to buy sound proof doors. However, beneath the snoring and the sleeping shipmates Svein was awake in his room using his communicator to make "questionable" calls.

* * "Um, hello this is Darth Marr", said Svein into the mic of his communicator.

* * "Marr," asked the voice of Darth Ravage curiously and tiredly," Do you realize it is 12:27 in the morning."

* * Svein snickered," I am well aware of the time Ravage. I called to tell you that next council meeting I'm going to be ordering Cassandra Sunrises from the Nexus Cantina."

* * "And, you called me at 12:27 to tell me that", exclaimed Ravage angrily.

* * "No I did not Ravage, control yourself. I have some urgent business to conduct with you that may deal with the Council at large".

* * "Is the Republic coming to Dromund Kass", asked Ravage urgently.

* * "Of course not fool do you think they would try something that stupid again", exclaimed Svein hardly containing himself," I wanted to know what kind of pizza you wanted. Choose wisely because 6 of the members are crazy for pineapple including Nox and I wouldn't want Mortis to break your neck like poor Thanaton".

* * Suddenly, Ravage hung up leaving the dial tone on the communicator. Svein laughed in his bed as he dialed another number. Then something very strange occurred to him. Quinn's snoring had stopped.

* * Svein turned around to face the door to see the whole crew staring at him in pure surprise.

* * "My lord what are you doing", asked Quinn slightly disturbed.

* * Svein hesitated unsure what to say to his crew.

* * "Awkward", chirped Vette.

* * Svein said embarrassed," This is not what it seems guys".

* * Quinn tiredly asked," You were not prank calling Darth Ravage."

* * "I was ordering pizza", said Svein shrugging. After a moment of silence Svein said curiously," No?"

* * "No", replied Vette walking away to her room.

* * "Good evening my lord", said Quinn tiredly.

* * "Master if I might have a word of advice to you, find a hobby", said Jaesa masking her irritation with her usual kind selfless voice.

* * Broonmark and Pierce walked to their room grumbling ,and Svein went to shut the door. Soon Quinn's snoring continued and the night became quiet once more.

* * Svein lied in his bed laughing to himself about the call and the expression on his friend's faces. Suddenly, Svein's communicator beeped and Svein picked up to answer.

* * "My lord this is Vette. Please invite me over to join the fun next time. I mean seriously I'm a pro at prank calling. That's all see ya later."

* * The Vette hung up and Svein laughed grinning from ear to ear as he laid in his bed.

This line disturbed me because you know it's happening in the SW universe. The Empire may be cruel and in some way evil, but the Republic doesn't sparkle either. Rub the top coat a little and the tarnish starts to eat away everything else. This is why my Brei'yu defected to the Empire. They aren't any better, not by a long shot. But you can expect their treachery. The Republic likes to play that they are the chosen. But their hands are just as dirty.

Yes, my JK makes a slide toward the middle then darkness because of the many things that the "good guys" turn a blind eye to. The hardest thing to reconcile is that the Jedi serve the Republic and therefore the Senate but everyone knows how corrupt the Senate is. Can you really follow the Jedi Code and obey people who don't?

Hi everyone! Still reading and must say love everyones stories!:)

Anyway new story!:D

Title: Calling

Prompt:Guilty Pleasures

eeheee, I like the idea that the Dark Council are normal people who get grumpy at late phone calls. You disturbed my evil-sleep! I cannot be properly evil without a full eight hours. Now, where's my dark-binky?

Yes, my JK makes a slide toward the middle then darkness because of the many things that the "good guys" turn a blind eye to. The hardest thing to reconcile is that the Jedi serve the Republic and therefore the Senate but everyone knows how corrupt the Senate is. Can you really follow the Jedi Code and obey people who don't?

Really I think that the Republic is worse than the Empire for this reason. I also noticed how in your story that the Jedi didn't do a thing about it. Atleast the Sith act upon a problem and the Jedi just don't do a thing about it.

eeheee, I like the idea that the Dark Council are normal people who get grumpy at late phone calls. You disturbed my evil-sleep! I cannot be properly evil without a full eight hours. Now, where's my dark-binky?

That's basicly what I see the Council being at night lol.:D I think a follow up would be an awesome idea featuring Vette. Those members are about to be disturbed.....

I've really enjoyed reading everyone's work, although I haven't commented on anything specific because I'm feeling lazy. :o I'll just give a blanket statement of "You're all awesome, we've got some talent in here." :)

And now, I've got a piece to present. The prompt I used for this was Guilty Pleasures, although I used the prompt as more of a framing device to stick some plot in there. This will introduce my Sith Warrior, as I am of the opinion that there can never be enough Sith Warrior fanfic out there, especially when it involves female Pureblood Sith Warriors. :D

This takes place during chapter three of the Warrior storyline, so major spoilers!

And now, without further ado...the fic! I couldn't come up with a title, although I was tempted to call it "Mood Whiplash." You'll, um, see why.

Voss-Ka, Voss

11 ATC

A’tro was not normally one to admire scenery, but even she had to admit that Voss was a beautiful planet.

Well, except for the Nightmare Lands, she thought wryly. That was…not so pleasant.

She suppressed a shudder at the memory. The events within the Dark Heart had been disturbing, to say the least. She was doing her best to avoid thinking about it, but she knew that she would have to come to terms with it sooner or later.

I spoke with the Emperor. Maybe only through a proxy, but…that was still the Emperor.

Everything felt more real, now. She was the Emperor’s Wrath, and she would kill Darth Baras and end the threat he posed to the Empire. Yet despite her newfound resolve, she found herself worrying. Things were going to have to change.

She dragged her mind back to the conversation she was having with a Voss woman, who seemed quite disconcerted to be having a discussion with an off-worlder about what she was displaying in the marketplace.

“They must be difficult to maintain,” A’tro said, bending over the intricately engraved ceramic containers. “How regularly do you have to trim them?”

The Voss woman frowned, evidently trying to find the proper Basic words. “Clip every few months,” she said slowly. “Small cuts, precise. Patience required.”

“I should think so,” A’tro mused. She reached out to gently brush a fingertip across one of the miniature trees’ branches. “Do you keep them inside or outside?”

“Indoors, under lights. Very fragile—rain would break them.”

A’tro nodded. “These are incredible. I used to grow miniatures when I was younger, but I never could manage anything like this.”

“Techniques are old, complex, difficult to master,” the Voss agreed.

“And you’re selling these?”

“Yes.” The Voss woman looked fondly at the little trees. “Why create beauty if not to share it?”

“Something tells me you don’t let off-worlders buy these, though,” A’tro said dryly.

“Voss understand the beauty of paran-sei. Outsiders…” She made a non-committal gesture.

“Of course,” A’tro murmured. “You can’t trust a work of art like this to just anyone.” She glanced up at the sky and noted the position of the sun. “I really must be going if I want to catch the shuttle to the space station. Thank you for indulging my curiosity; it’s been educational.” She bowed respectfully.

The Voss returned the gesture. “For an off-worlder, you have an appreciation for beauty. My name is Saras-Le; perhaps we will speak again later.”

A’tro nodded. “A pleasure to meet you, Saras-Le. If I am ever on your world again, I will be sure to pay you and your—what did you call them? Paran-sei?—a visit.” She smiled.

Saras-Le turned her attention to one of the trees, and A’tro backed away.

I should have tried to get her to sell me one, she thought. I always liked those things. Of course, the others would never let me hear the end of it. At least none of them were here to see me talking to her—

A’tro turned around and came face to face with Malavai Quinn.

Except him. Damn it.

“Hello, Quinn,” she said innocently. “How long have you been standing there?” Maybe he didn’t overhear.

Her hopes were dashed when Quinn replied, “Quite some time, my lord. You seemed quite absorbed in your discussion of the local flora.”

She put her hands on her hips. “The art of growing miniature trees is ancient and well-respected all across the galaxy—including in the Empire.”

“I meant no offense, my lord. I would, however, like to point out that the last shuttle of the day leaves in less than one hour.”

“I’m aware of that, Captain,” she said. She looked around, and saw a deserted side street that seemed to run in the direction of the Imperial enclave. “Let’s go this way, try to avoid running into any Republic people.”

A’tro strode briskly down the side street without looking to see if Quinn was following. She knew that he would.

They turned a corner, and passed out of view of the main street. A’tro stopped abruptly and turned around. She reached up and grabbed Quinn by the shoulders before he could run into her, then kissed him.

He stepped back almost immediately, albeit with some reluctance. “My lord, if we’re seen—“

“The Voss won’t care, the Republic expects this sort of thing from the Empire, and Imperials will have a quiet chuckle over the scandal and move on with their day. Besides,” she added, smiling mischievously, “I wanted to give you some incentive not to mention my little discussion to anyone. Can you imagine what Pierce and Vette would say if they knew that I was interested in the cultivation of miniature trees?”

“Your secret is safe with me, my lord,” Quinn assured her.

“Thank the Emperor,” A’tro said, relieved. “It’s not a very Sith-like hobby, I know. I don’t suppose you know anything about it?”

“My education, while extensive, failed to cover horticulture.”

“That’s a pity,” A’tro sighed. “It’s a fascinating subject.” She looked around. “I suppose we ought to keep moving if we’re going to make that shuttle.”

“Actually, my lord,” Quinn said slowly, “There was something I wanted to mention to you, and seeing as we’re in a fairly private location…”

“Go ahead,” A’tro said, ignoring her sudden twinge of misgivings.

“I’m not certain how best to say this, but…” Quinn took a deep breath, then looked her in the eyes. ““I’m falling in love with you,” he said quietly. “What’s more, I think you’re falling in love with me.” He paused, his inscrutable mask momentarily slipping to show the anxiety she could just barely feel in the Force. “Am I wrong?”

A’tro felt as though a large quantity of icy water had been poured over her. “I—I can’t answer that,” she whispered, her voice quivering. “I can’t.”

What had she been thinking? She was Sith! This kind of attachment was weakness.

“Look, I—we—“ she stammered. “Quinn, I—I think it would be best if we stopped seeing each other. Our relationship is…well, it’s a liability, frankly, and I never should have…” She trailed off.

Quinn’s face wiped itself clear of any expression whatsoever. Only his eyes hinted at any feeling of pain, and what she saw in them made her feel terrible.

It’s for the best, she told herself. I’m the Emperor’s Wrath, I can’t afford to be tied down like this. She had spoken with the Emperor’s Voice, come face to face with the reality of her situation. Her affair with Quinn had to end, for both their sakes. Her feelings for him made her weak. It had been a mistake to indulge those feelings in the first place.

“Let’s go,” she whispered.

They made their way back to the Imperial enclave in tense silence.

Throughout the walk and the shuttle flight up to the orbital station, A’tro agonized. Even as she reported the success of her mission to the Emperor’s Hand, the debate continued in the back of her mind.

The holoimages of Servant One and Servant Two vanished, and her reverie was interrupted by Quinn speaking to her for the first time in hours.

“My lord, I am afraid that we cannot go to Corellia at this time…”

As the Alecto sped through hyperspace towards the transponder station, A’tro made up her mind.

I’ll apologize to him, she decided. If he wants me back, we can continue. If not…then I’ll just have to come to terms with my own stupidity.

On the transponder station, they came to a halt in the center of a large, empty room. A’tro saw an opportunity and opened her mouth to speak, to tell Quinn that she was sorry, that she—

“My lord,” Quinn said coolly, cutting her off before she could begin. “I regret that our paths must diverge.”

Too little, too late.

Notes:

The word "paran-sei" is just me mangling "bonsai" into something Voss-y. I didn't actually do any research into bonsai beyond a quick scan of the relevant Wikipedia page, but I thought it would be an interesting habit for A'tro to have. I recall that a miniature tree appears in the Expanded Universe novel Shadows of the Empire, so there is some precedent for it in Star Wars.

I probably should have stopped writing before where I decided to end it, but I really wanted to throw some plot in there, even if it meant not sticking straight to the prompt. I know SW players all have strong opinions on the "incident" in chapter three and I saw an opportunity to express my own take on it.

It's not so much about "sticking" to a prompt, Vesaniae, as it is having a story being inspired by the prompt. Which is much of the reason why I've not written anything for Celebrations yet, nothing's sprung to mind. Admittedly most of our interpretations have been quite literal :p

Celebration

The Jedi had been acting strangely. He had decided to stay with her crew until he was certain the Emperor was truly dead. Her crew did not want him there. The doctor avoided him, which was a benefit, the other Jedi complained and whispered about him to her former master every chance she had. If the other two had anything to say, he never heard it but he was certain they were hoping he would leave on his own.

The Jedi, on the other hand treated him the same as she always had. When he questioned her about it, she told him once she accepted him there was no point in hostility unless he did something to change that. If she were Sith, she would know there was always a point in hostility. He had learned to tolerate her jovial nature, her penchant for teasing, her annoying habit of returning his insults with a smile, but now she was acting strangely, perhaps she had changed her mind.

She stared at him sometimes when she thought he could not see, it was appraising, calculating. She had bumped into him once, an accident supposedly, but someone as nimble as she would not stumble like that unless it was intentional. He had gone to ask her questions and she had quickly hidden a console or a datapad from his view. He wondered if she was looking for a way to dispatch him. Perhaps the Council had given the order, she was still loyal to them no matter how she pretended she thought for herself.

Today she had sent everyone on various ‘errands’ ridiculous ones meant to take a day or more. The ship was empty except for them. A course was plotted in to a numbered planet in neutral territory, the course she plotted was odd, meant to confuse, as if she did not want anyone to know where they had been or where they were going.

“We have a mission.” She had said, but would not elaborate.

He prepared himself for a fight, he probably could not stand against her, he had not been able to the first time, but he knew some of her weaknesses. If she made a mistake, he could get the upper hand. He checked his lightsaber and his armor. He was as ready as he could be, it was interesting to think he would die by the hands of the Jedi he had accepted immortality to find in the first place.

“I see you’re ready to go,” the Jedi said from the cargo bay door. She was unusually serious. He met her eyes and could not read anything there, her expression was closed. He realized now that her smiles and affable expressions were masks of a kind, designed so that learning to read her was impossible. He nodded and she prepared to land the ship.

They walked for a long while on a dusty yellow planet, they came to a cliff, she maneuvered to stand behind him. The back of his neck tingled with warning. He heard a sound of something igniting, he spun reaching for his lightsaber.

Remi stood with a palm sized cake and a sparkler sticking out. The sparkler sent off little bursts of light.

“Happy Birthday, Lord Scourge.” She smiled as if she thought his expression was hilarious. He had not celebrated the day of his birth in centuries. That was something done among family and friends which he no longer had. He had forgotten today was that day, how had the Jedi figured it out?

“How did you know?” he asked suspiciously.

She grinned insolently, “That’s my secret. Now blow out the sparkler.” He considered walking away from her, a show that he was not going to play her games. Then he looked into her eyes and saw the challenge there. “I made it easy on you, there’s only one, I figured three-hundred-thirty-five sparklers would be more like a bonfire.”

He walked up to her and put the sparkler out between his fingertips.

“Can we go now?” he asked scowling. Instead of answering, she walked to the edge of the cliff and pointed down, less than a dozen meters below them was a bandit hideout. Planets like these were a common place for thugs and mercenaries to build a stronghold. The signs of activity indicated roughly fifty bandits living there.

“These guys used to be Exchange members,” she explained. “They wanted a bigger cut from their bosses so they stole the last big hit they made and branched out on their own.”

Scourge snorted, he hated greed.

“Of course, when the Exchange came after them, they didn’t have the resources to run, hide, or fight so they struck a deal.” She paused, “With a Republic Senator.”

Scourge eyed the Jedi who looked almost angry.

“The Senator supports them with food, and weapons, in exchange they rob and raid Imperial trade ships traveling through this sector.”

“They work for the Republic.” He stated.

“They attack civilians, Imperial civilians, but civilians nonetheless, all on the permission of a Republic Senator.” She said with no emotion.

He scowled, he hated Republic authority.

“I thought we’d kill them all.” Remi concluded putting the cake down, neither of them was going to eat it.

Now he stared at her in shock, the gentle Jedi who spared everyone, speaking of wholesale massacre. “What no mercy? No warning? No chance to let them give themselves up? What about your Council?”

“Is this my gift?” he asked mockingly.

“If you want,” she was already looking down, analyzing the best angle of attack.

He studied her face; the knowledge of this place had stained her views of her Council, and her precious Republic. The way she chose to deal with it, would stain her views of herself. He grinned darkly and drew his lightsaber.

She drew hers and her smile matched his, “Try to keep up, old man.”

Loved it! Especially the line at the end, hehehe!

It's not so much about "sticking" to a prompt, Vesaniae, as it is having a story being inspired by the prompt. Which is much of the reason why I've not written anything for Celebrations yet, nothing's sprung to mind. Admittedly most of our interpretations have been quite literal :p

I worry too much about these things, I know. :rolleyes:

Guilty Pleasures

Reading Material

JK - Esma (and Scourge)

JK spoilers from Chapter 3

"Would you care to explain the holo recordings stored in the conference room?"

Esma casually flipped over the datapad she was reading in bed and raised her eyebrows at the tone coming from the Sith scowling in the doorway.

"What recordings?"

"The ones from a Bengel Morr, who I believe we met on Corellia? Sentimental nonsense."

"Oh those," Esma said, waving a hand.

"Yes, those," Scourge said, "Why is another man sending you such things?"

Esma's eyes widened as she looked up at Scourge. "You're jealous."

"Bah!"

"I can't believe you feel threatened by a set of holo recordings," she said, sitting upright and somehow in the process flipping a blanket over the datapad at her side.

"I am not threatened," he growled, "I am merely determining whether this insect must die."

Esma burst into laughter, falling back on the bed (and shoving the datapad farther under) until the giggles stopped.

"You are jealous," she said, still grinning.

Scourge stalked across the room, reached down and grasped her wrists, pinning them to the bed. "You are mine," he said delibrately, "killing rivals is something of a tradition with Sith."

"Oh, come on," Esma said, attempting to get up and having no luck at all, "Really? I don't see you going after Doc."

Scourge shifted her wrists to one hand and unerringly located the datapad that was buried in the blankets over Esma's sputtered protests. He read a bit and then raised an eyebrow. Esma's cheeks heated.

He set the datapad down on the table at the side of the bed. "That creature lives only because he has given up his claim to you, and you wish him to remain alive for some inexplicable reason."

Esma looked from Scourge to the datapad and back again before forging ahead. "I spared Bengel Morr's life once on Tython and ever since then he's been a little...fixated, but there was never anything romantic about it. Now will you let me up?"

Scourge considered her for a moment. "No, I find I rather like you like this." He kept his grip tight on her wrists and began to slowly unbutton her shirt. "And it appears from your reading material that you do as well."

"I just...um...," Esma said, beginning to get a little breathless.

Scourge's lips curled in a small smile.

"So what now?"

Scourge's smile spread across his face, full of cunning. "I have plans, little Jedi, I have plans."

Author's Note:

For all those Jedi Knights with a collection of smut in their library...you know who you are.

guilty pleasures

SW Echidnae, quinn, vette, and ls jaesa.

points if you catch the easter egg reference

" Whatcha doooooin?" Vette chimed as she popped up behind Quinn as he was focused intently on a holopad. Immediately before she could see, he closed it.

" Mind your buisness, twi'lek" He growled.

" Ooooooooo~ I bet your spying in on your boooooyfriend, Moff Broysc " She giggled.

" I said LEAVE" he growled again, starting to tremble with nerve.

Sensing a growing cloud of angry disturbance in the ship, Both Echidnae and Jaesa popped in.

" What seems to be the matter, Captain?" The sith demanded dryly.

" Your pet twi'lek won't leave me to my buisness." Quinn sighed, exasperated.

" I just asked what he was doing." Vette pouted, feighing innocence.

" Now Quinn, i told you Vette is relentless as soon as her interest is caught, i'm sure as soon as she sees how utterly boring your field reports are, she will relent."

Before Quinn could protest or resist, the holopad was taken from his hands and turned on. Immediately the figures in the galaxy's hit children's show " My little Bantha: Friendship is the Force" pop on screen. Jaesa couldn't help but let out a squeal.

" My stars! I LOVED this show as a child! i had no idea they still were running! i had ALL the toys! Oh. My. GOODNESS!"

"Guys" Vette interrupted, looking slightly disturbed. " This is creeping me out now, i SWEAR i've heard the purple one's voice before...."

Malavai just sat there, his face buried in his hands in defeat as the 3 girls around him giggled at him, and watched the show eagerly. His plans to discreetly investigate and canvass the kingdom planet of Equestria had been foiled. Yes... he was merely investigating the potential strengths and weaknesses of a potential boon to the empire...

guilty pleasures

SW Echidnae, quinn, vette, and ls jaesa.

points if you catch the easter egg reference

" Whatcha doooooin?" Vette chimed as she popped up behind Quinn as he was focused intently on a holopad. Immediately before she could see, he closed it.

" Mind your buisness, twi'lek" He growled.

" Ooooooooo~ I bet your spying in on your boooooyfriend, Moff Broysc " She giggled.

" I said LEAVE" he growled again, starting to tremble with nerve.

Sensing a growing cloud of angry disturbance in the ship, Both Echidnae and Jaesa popped in.

" What seems to be the matter, Captain?" The sith demanded dryly.

" Your pet twi'lek won't leave me to my buisness." Quinn sighed, exasperated.

" I just asked what he was doing." Vette pouted, feighing innocence.

" Now Quinn, i told you Vette is relentless as soon as her interest is caught, i'm sure as soon as she sees how utterly boring your field reports are, she will relent."

Before Quinn could protest or resist, the holopad was taken from his hands and turned on. Immediately the figures in the galaxy's hit children's show " My little Bantha: Friendship is the Force" pop on screen. Jaesa couldn't help but let out a squeal.

" My stars! I LOVED this show as a child! i had no idea they still were running! i had ALL the toys! Oh. My. GOODNESS!"

"Guys" Vette interrupted, looking slightly disturbed. " This is creeping me out now, i SWEAR i've heard the purple one's voice before...."

Malavai just sat there, his face buried in his hands in defeat as the 3 girls around him giggled at him, and watched the show eagerly. His plans to discreetly investigate and canvass the kingdom planet of Equestria had been foiled. Yes... he was merely investigating the potential strengths and weaknesses of a potential boon to the empire...

AHAHAHAH! Ahhhhh.. Crez... my husband started looking at me funny when I burst out laughing at this and for some reason, that seems like a show that Quinn would totally watch and deny.. because really, who isn't a "brony" at heart? That and I was thinking about something along a similar vein the other day, sooooo... I think I'll just not bother writing it now :D

Oh Risha-sparkle, I love that Tara Strong voices Holiday too in game.

Edited by Kalterien

My poor-quality five-minute Celebration, featuring my Smuggler Vette. Because in Ruth's universe, it makes sense for Vette to be the smuggler and go through its plot line after she and Ruth are forced to cite irreconcilable differences and go their separate ways. 200 words, tweaked to avoid implicit spoilers.

Vette raised the bottle. “More whiskey? Anyone?”

“You’re unstoppable,” said Corso, impressed. “Here, hit me.”

“I will take more as well,” Akaavi said coolly.

Vette beamed. “If you think you can outdrink me, you’re terribly mistaken.”

Risha nodded. “Bet you anything she was a better drinker at eight years old than half the grown men we've met.”

Vette perked up at the sight of an approaching droid. “Ooh, cake’s coming!”

Corso and Akaavi examined the cake, which had no particular markings on it. “I was hoping that’d be a little more informative,” said Corso. “I’m gonna have to give up. What exactly are we celebrating?”

“My second liberation from slavery,” explained Vette, and raised a glass to the occasion.

Risha raised, sipped, and set down her glass. “How did you get out the second time, anyway?”

Vette shrugged. “I asked the lady I got handed as a gift to to take off the collar. She did.”

“Just like that?”

“Just like that.”

“That’s kind of heartwarming,” said Corso, smiling the smile he usually used for puppies and rainbows. “Who was she?”

“Brother, you wouldn’t believe me if I told you.”

Edit, Notes:

At this point in the timeline the Emperor's Wrath is famed primarily for being angry and merciless. Which is one of the reasons Vette opted for a solo career. The idea of the Wrath casually freeing slaves would be nonsensical to a modern observer.

Edited by bright_ephemera

AHAHAHAH! Ahhhhh.. Crez... my husband started looking at me funny when I burst out laughing at this and for some reason, that seems like a show that Quinn would totally watch and deny.. because really, who isn't a "brony" at heart? That and I was thinking about something along a similar vein the other day, sooooo... I think I'll just not bother writing it now :D

Oh Risha-sparkle, I love that Tara Strong voices Holiday too in game.

Equestrians do indeed posess strange force abilities. It intrigues him on purely a diplomatic and tactical level. Imagine the possibilities if the empire were to harness this power.

.... must not write cross fic of vector innitiating first-contact meeting with princess celestia...