Server merge means the end

HisShadowX

Wow, I cant believe what little servers we have left.

Its pretty bad. I just resubbed. Bioware sure did screw up during its first six months to appease the hardcore minority from the failed MMORPG Star Wars Galaxies. They wanted everything hard mode (Which is still easy for them) Bioware had the Guild Summit for these people to make sure there will never be a group finder or casual features even though before this game was going to be released there was going to be a choose your own easy, normal or hard mode.

Sadly the hardcore minority gets upset if anyone is playing anything with ease. Its like someone who likes BDSM they just need to keep feeling the pain.

I remember when that two million first left the game and the people who came up with hosting the guild summit got fired. I mean seriously why make a game that no one except a few people like it?

Its so sad because this game has come a long way. Sadly it was tainted

So, a company puts money and work together, to reorganize their server-infrastructre, to improve the server technologie, to increase the games performance (sorry, apacs!) and also to save money on the long term. Also, we have rumors about a new expansion in 2018. So, no, the game is not ending in the near future.

So, a company puts money and work together, to reorganize their server-infrastructre, to improve the server technologie, to increase the games performance (sorry, apacs!) and also to save money on the long term. Also, we have rumors about a new expansion in 2018. So, no, the game is not ending in the near future.

The expansion will be called "The Fall of Swtor" the last expansion of the game

What rumors? From people HERE? LOL! There is no expansion coming...it'll be 5.7 and then 5.8...we won't see 6.0 until the fall of 2018, and that'll be another minor patch.

What rumors? From people HERE? LOL! There is no expansion coming...it'll be 5.7 and then 5.8...we won't see 6.0 until the fall of 2018, and that'll be another minor patch.

In one of their last streams (or was it one of those podcasts?) Eric or Keith said, they were planning something for 2018, but didn't have anything to announce yet. That's the normal stuff when being in an early stage of planning a new expansion.

I've stopped long ago waiting for new stuff on the short line. Noone expects an expansion in two months from now. However, regarding the information, they gave us in the past, it's clear that they have planned to release the last two OP's bosses and then to do a NiM-version. So, there is currently plenty of content, that is - at least - for me and the community that I am part of relevant and a reason, to stay and play this game. With Keith and the information, that they gave us in the past, I am very confident, that there will be interesting stuff in the future. Scyva at mid febrary; Izax in late aprile, NiM with 6.0 in early novembre. When they give us that content in this timeframe, then for me that's enough content to be a subscriber until summer 2019.

Edited by Exocor

I play swtor cause ist is a SF-Game. I have my own crew, my own vessel. Now all those things are gone, my vessel is empty, i dont use them anymore, my companions have become arbitrary, interchangeable. - sooo stupid bioware. I have the feeling that Bioware has lost any kind of control over the game, its all about Cartell-Market.

I think the new expansion will take place in Kashyyyk. Valkorian will take over the body of a Kashyyyk village chief. He'll have 3 force using children.... errrr.

It will be a great empire in a city called Wookuuul... um...

yeah, no.

Mergers were the best thing to happen to the game last year. Without them the game would be on its last legs because the populations would be spread out. Now the mergers have consolidated the populations and the game feels renewed and invigorated.

The game is also so easy that you can solo most content, even without a healer companion. So I’m not sure what the game is hard rant was about.

"This is the end, beautiful friend

This is the end, my only friend, the end

Of our elaborate plans, the end

Of everything that stands, the end

No safety or surprise, the end

I'll never look into your eyes again

Can you picture what will be

So limitless and free

Desperately in need of some stranger's hand

In a desperate land

Lost in a Roman wilderness of pain

And all the children are insane

All the children are insane

Waiting for the summer rain, yeah

Kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill"

First, I dont think this means the end. As long as the title is not in serious financial trouble it is the only Star Wars MMO on the market, so it is likely it will keep going at least as long as the license continues.

Second, I think that a large list of mistakes and missteps over the last 6 years have contributed to the current situation. They all kind of lined up to push total users downward over time, and that combined with usual churn puts us where we are today.

The initial launch state of the game, along with the arrogance of the original staff did the most damage to the title IMO. It is almost impossible to come back from that. However, I think, at times, this game has been in pretty good shape (in no particular order)....

Right after the F2P launch

RotHC launch

Introduction of Strongholds

Character designer, Legacy expansion and Storage

SoR launch

KotFE launch

Most of the boosts are based in expansions, but I would note that many of the expansions ended up having negative effects over time.

First, I dont think this means the end. As long as the title is not in serious financial trouble it is the only Star Wars MMO on the market, so it is likely it will keep going at least as long as the license continues.

Second, I think that a large list of mistakes and missteps over the last 6 years have contributed to the current situation. They all kind of lined up to push total users downward over time, and that combined with usual churn puts us where we are today.

The initial launch state of the game, along with the arrogance of the original staff did the most damage to the title IMO. It is almost impossible to come back from that. However, I think, at times, this game has been in pretty good shape (in no particular order)....

Right after the F2P launch

RotHC launch

Introduction of Strongholds

Character designer, Legacy expansion and Storage

SoR launch

KotFE launch

Most of the boosts are based in expansions, but I would note that many of the expansions ended up having negative effects over time.

I found this on Reddit yesterday about why swtor is “dying” but isn’t quite dead yet.

While I like some of his points and I don’t agree with others, it does show how swtor has flip flopped and how it’s gotten to this point. I vehemently disagree with him suggesting swtor should just be RPG now.

Unfortunately he didn’t add anything about the last 12 months and how it has probably been the most destructive year for the game, which was once again caused from Bioware making a massive mistake and not listening to players.

I think every mistake for the last 5 years can be attributed to Bioware not listening to players and forcing things on us we did not want or need. All the while not listening to what we did want and need.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I'm actually noticing people are coming back. It is not like it used to be, but people are leaving other games like wow and destiny 2. I do not think they will necessarily all stay, but it seems to be constant with games like this that people come and go as content is released.

I'm actually noticing people are coming back. It is not like it used to be, but people are leaving other games like wow and destiny 2. I do not think they will necessarily all stay, but it seems to be constant with games like this that people come and go as content is released.

That’s cause of the movie release and also the changes in the last 2 months. Unfortunately we lost a massive amount of APAC players when they moved the west coast server to the east coast. I doubt returning players would even equal the amount of apac players that left.

Unfortunately he didn’t add anything about the last 12 months and how it has probably been the most destructive year for the game, which was once again caused from Bioware making a massive mistake and not listening to players.

I think every mistake for the last 5 years can be attributed to Bioware not listening to players and forcing things on us we did not want or need. All the while not listening to what we did want and need.

One thing out of all problems about swtor i hate the most: NO gosh darn COMMUNICATION between BW Devs and players. They dont have any devs on the forums answering things nor they announce things theyre working on in the right way. As i mentioned in another thread when we look at sites like mmo-champion where we can find DAILY updates whats happening for the future of the game (wow), what theyre doing, what they will patch and so on. I cant understand how a team full of professional devs can think its a good way to stay quiet to their playerbase as long as they release something, and then its literally crap or full of bugs thanks to 0 testing.

About your second passage: The current state and some updates we dont really need always reminds me of my brother. He is working as a dev in another company (nothing big) which also produces an online game. Once a few years ago he told me: "Hey look, we were talking about what game we want to do next and what players the most could want, but there is this head-dev and he just wanted to make another tank-game, cuz he loves tanks, so we had to do it." (besides everyone knows there is already world of tanks or how it is called so NO ONE IN THE WORLD needs another one)

And thats what the problem is i believe.

Edited by Jesseriah