When I'll be called Darth Nox again?..

TGaP_Andrey

I'm not asking for class-specific missions.

I don't ask for maps, planets, rewards.

The only little thing I want is to be adressed as what I really was, am and always will be.

If not as Darth Nox, than at least as a Sith or an Imperial, not some outlandish alien thing.

The Alliance de facto is non-existent since Nathema, you all know that, I know that, Bioware knows that - all we have now is one meaningless (with the destruction of threat from Zakuul) planet which "bolstering its defences" right now like somebody even care about that rock in a first place. I had fed up with Odessen after a couple of my very first days back in KotFE already so I don't really think Republic or Empire are eager to conquer this place for whatever reason they could have and if they did it they'd soon regret about it dearly, because, boooooy, this is the most boring place in the Galaxy.

And yet still I am to return to Odessen every single time anything happens, yet still I am called Commander by everyone ("Commander" of f*king WHAT?) - wasn't the whole point of Nathema to dissolve the Alliance and leave all that enigmatic Zakuul stuff (which no one asked for, to begin with, remember?) behind? Because other than that there is no point in introducing such a cataclysmic event, but oh s.h.i.t., here we go again, like NOTHING happened at all.

I've made some rough calculations in my mind. To appease every class out of eight with unique "sauce" in dialogs we'll need somewhat around 60 lines for a planet arc or whatever, you get it - keep in mind that at least half of them if not more will just take place of stupid flattery for "Commander" we already hear literally from every single key NPC. And also keep in mind that devs don't need to create some new locations for discussing matters at hand instead of Odessen - there is nothing wrong with respective faction fleets depend on player's choice. Especially now, when all who have a problem or two with our definite faction choice are openly leaving.

So, I wanted to ask something. 30 lines of text - it's, like, 20 minutes more in the recording room. I know that BioWare's budget is low, but if they still have money to put up a whole new expansion than it doesn't make sense if they don't have what it takes to do a little bigger work with text and voice.

No more Odessen and no more "Commander" - is it really too much to ask?

Edited by TGaP_Andrey

You won't be called "darth" becouse you are not one anymore... Whole sith line was ****** up by bioware, and after all that power you had, now you are just servant, as it is mentioned in some dialogues... You kiled Malgus, you kiled probably second most powerful sith emperor in whole SW universe, and now you are nothing... Really bad writing by Bioware... Edited by denisdenizg

You won't be called "darth" becouse you are not one anymore... Whole sith line was ****** up by bioware, and after all that power you had, now you are just servant, as it is mentioned in some dialogues... You kiled Malgus, you kiled probably second most powerful sith emperor in whole SW universe, and now you are nothing... Really bad writing by Bioware...

Second most powerful emperor? Not even close. Near the top in intelligence perhaps, but not power.

Not that we have many to choose from, but considering his feats (or lack thereof) and how quickly and easily he gets swatted down, I'd actually put him on the very bottom.

That being said, yah they kinda backed themselves into a corner. To take the Darth title again would be a demotion of sorts

The only little thing I want is to be adressed as what I really was, am and always will be.

If not as Darth Nox, than at least as a Sith or an Imperial, not some outlandish alien thing.

The Alliance de facto is non-existent since Nathema, you all know that, I know that, Bioware knows that - all we have now is one meaningless (with the destruction of threat from Zakuul) planet which "bolstering its defences" right now like somebody even care about that rock in a first place. I had fed up with Odessen after a couple of my very first days back in KotFE already so I don't really think Republic or Empire are eager to conquer this place for whatever reason they could have and if they did it they'd soon regret about it dearly, because, boooooy, this is the most boring place in the Galaxy.

And yet still I am to return to Odessen every single time anything happens, yet still I am called Commander by everyone ("Commander" of f*king WHAT?) - wasn't the whole point of Nathema to dissolve the Alliance and leave all that enigmatic Zakuul stuff (which no one asked for, to begin with, remember?) behind? Because other than that there is no point in introducing such a cataclysmic event, but oh s.h.i.t., here we go again, like NOTHING happened at all.

I've made some rough calculations in my mind. To appease every class out of eight with unique "sauce" in dialogs we'll need somewhat around 60 lines for a planet arc or whatever, you get it - keep in mind that at least 16 of them if not more will just take place of stupid flattery for "Commander" we already hear literally from every single key NPC. And also keep in mind that devs don't need to create some new locations for discussing matters at hand instead of Odessen - there is nothing wrong with respective faction fleets depend on player's choice. Especially now, when all who have a problem or two with our definite faction choice are openly leaving.

So, I wanted to ask something. 42 lines of text - it's, like, 20 minutes more in the recording room. I know that BioWare's budget is low, but if they still have money to put up a whole new expansion than it doesn't make sense if they don't have what it takes to do a little bigger work with text and voice.

No more Odessen and no more "Commander for Force user" - is it really too much to ask?

i agree with OP, i want to go back to being Address as My Lord by everyone that address me in the Empire and within the Alliance(i wish that would just go away already) i am Lord Wrath. i am Darth (Nox), other players are >Darth Imperius, and Darth Occlus. enough of this Commander nonsense for Sith lords on the Empire side. let the Bounty Hunter and the Agent have that title it suits them better. but a Sith Lord is power and strength and his name should represent that. i earned those title through hard fought Battle and War. i derserve to be address as MY LORD.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Totally agree with OP, this is the entire reason I hate playing through Kotfe and Kotet for the sake of story. Each class story does such a great job of building up your character to the point where it feels like they truly stand out as a unique representation of their faction/class. I get goosebumps everytime my inquisitor is addressed to as Darth Nox in conversation, such a fitting title and it adds to the identity of the character

Now all of a sudden they're no longer a powerful sith lord, respected mandalorian bounty hunter, or former imperial cipher, they're the "outlander" or "alliance commander," such a soulless and uninteresting title that lacks any real identity and pays no homage to their past actions. Playing through knights once was fun, I honestly thought the zakuul story wasn't all that bad, and even had its moments at times. But the existance of the alliance IMO should have been temporary, it makes no sense why a sith lord bent on destroying the republic would continue to work with republic military members and jedi even after their common enemy was destroyed.

Truly I would skip through both stories each time, but given the fact that the imperial auto-complete decisions consist of you murdering half of your companions and making some of the most moronic decisions possible along the way, its almost like you're forced to go through the slog of it each time you want to get to Ossus.

I want my S.I. to go back to Darh Nox or Lord again aswell. Now past all that Zakuul Business and infact partnering with one of the two original Factions makes the Commander/ Outlander titles superfluous and progressively erroneous at this stage seeing as how the Alliance is dwindling. Both of my Pub characters seem ok with whatever but considering the default "S.I. Direction" it really seems wrong to clutch on to that and not strive to going back to what they started as. We're just past all that Zakuul stuff now. Edited by MikeCobalt

I'd like it to be an option, but honestly for some of my characters I would feel really weird going back to what I was before. I became an Empress on a couple of them, and now they're going to be a lackey? No thanks. I like having my own organization. I wish there was a way for them to let people choose which route to maintain because I would rather be referred to as Empress or former Empress on a couple of my characters than going back and acting like that never happened in their stories because for me that was fulfilling, especially for my SI, who I played to be ambitious, and worked to climb from a former slave to an Empress. :/ Edited by Jesira

I'm reminded of the debate about being a Darth on SWs again... :rak_02:

So I played through Heart and Minds on my Agent today, and I was hobnobbing with the Empress, and the Dark Council as an equal. Why, in the name of (insert gaming god of choice here) would I want to go back to being a puppet on a string? The same could be said for my SI, and especially my SW.

You are not in the Dark Council anymore. You got frozen in carbonite for some years and they replaced you. :p

Nathema did not dissolve the Alliance, only the eternal fleet. You are the commander... of the alliance!

Edited by Nemmar

I agree with the poster who mentioned giving people a choice of being called Commander or their old title. My Jedi are no longer Jedi, they no longer serve the Republic, and they don't want to be referred to that way. My smuggler probably feels like being called 'Commander' is a step up. Most of my characters are fine with being Commanders, but other people's characters might not be.

They've backed themselves into a corner on this one, though. As of Ossus, Malgus

is the Wrath. So where does that leave my Warrior? My Inquisitor could be referred to as Darth whatever, but any lines that refer to them as a member of the Dark Council are now null too.

The Imperial Agent comes out way ahead in this debate, since they've had a Commander title since Makeb and it refers to both their pre and post-KOTFE self. :p

You won't be called "darth" becouse you are not one anymore... Whole sith line was ****** up by bioware, and after all that power you had, now you are just servant, as it is mentioned in some dialogues... You kiled Malgus, you kiled probably second most powerful sith emperor in whole SW universe, and now you are nothing... Really bad writing by Bioware...

You can't stop being a Darth, it's more than a mere rank it's a quasi-religious title.

You are no longer the Head of a Sith Sphere/Pyramid, but you are still a Darth. In fact, some imperials do occasionally refer to you as Darth.

Edited by AshlaBoga

You can't stop being a Darth, it's more than a mere rank it's a quasi-religious title.

You are no longer the Head of a Sith Sphere/Pyramid, but you are still a Darth. In fact, some imperials do occasionally refer to you as Darth.

That's true. And there's at least one mission in KOTFE where the Sith Warrior introduces themselves as a Darth too. The Sith might have lost their jobs in the Empire but those titles are theirs.

Lana also refers to herself as a Sith numerous times, like on Umbara.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Was gonna say, i haven't heard any news the Darth title was revoked at any point over the last 6-7 years by the Sith leadership. Nox was an honorific name given by the dark council to acknowledge the PC's rise to power, but after Chapter 2 it fell out of use. However the Darth title is clearly still there and it applies to both warrior and inquisitor.

Ya, I actually said

If not as Darth Nox, than at least as a Sith or an Imperial, not some outlandish alien thing

So criticizers of my idea with their "bruh, you are no longer on the Dark Council" are missing the whole point.

It's not about a place in the power structure, it's about history and character identity.

I came to this game back in 2013 because it was the unique experience of Star Wars like never before. The whole uniquiness had gone missing when this whole Zakuul bs arised. "Soulless", like one of you said here, is a very right word indeed - that's how I feel about being "Commander" of some common greasy terrorist-rebel thing with unclear allegiances in the game about the Republic, the Empire, Jedi, Sith - one of the most iconic factions in fiction.

If I am not to be back at my place in power any time soon, than at least I want to be treated as a veteran, who had done so much for the Empire, as someone who at least WAS the Dark Council member and now is a rogue Sith or whatever, but nonetheless still is a Sith.

Edited by TGaP_Andrey

Maybe they are fixing this with Onslaught?

One of the most common complaints about the entire Kotfe story was the loss of identity, instead becoming a generic "outlander" and then "commander".

The worst kept secret about this game was that it originally was intended to keep going with class stories until EA put the brakes on that shortly after launch and replaced much of the staff.

Even so, it was those class stories that drew people to the game in the first place, and while we all mostly under$rand why they won't be coming back, we at least deserve to retain our identities that were in the vanilla game, and some follow up as was done in the shadow of Revan. There is still a dangling plot line from the Sith Inquisitor shadow of Revan Quest.

They need to come up with a way to reintegrate us into the empire or the Republic and allow us to assume our own identities again.

Yes, what I said, basically.

The whole point of SWTOR since the day one was to allow YOU, THE PLAYER to be one of iconic Star Wars characters: Pubs, Imperials, Sith, Jedi - the idea to take this all away and replace with faceless "Commander" and Zakuul crap is ultimately the worst and the dumbest decision dev.team ever made, it easily outshines lootboxes and any other gameplay-wise fails.

KotFE is like Sonic 06, dunno. Some awful mistake that should be buried under two meters of concrete as soon as possible so that it does not become a turning point to the grave.

I'm not an optimist, but I try to hope for the best. It would be great if "Onslaught" somehow returned things back to what they were before Zakuul.

Edited by TGaP_Andrey

Give me a choice to be the Commander or what I actually want to be—err, I mean, Darth Nox/Occlus/Imperius, Wrath, Battlemaster, Barsen’thor, etc.. Please! The Commander of the Alliance title was a freaking downgrade if you chose to be anything but a Trooper, Agent, or (Mandalorian) Bounty Hunter.

Was gonna say, i haven't heard any news the Darth title was revoked at any point over the last 6-7 years by the Sith leadership. Nox was an honorific name given by the dark council to acknowledge the PC's rise to power, but after Chapter 2 it fell out of use. However the Darth title is clearly still there and it applies to both warrior and inquisitor.

This is kind of what I thought. The whole matter sounds more like someone who discovered what happened to their Cheerios this morning (not good by the way) .. and is still upset about the whold KotET / FE thing ... still.

Those who really like that whole DS thing still have all the power they want / need and still get all the benifits (more or less) ... and still have their in game title.

Since the 2 faction thing is coming back (perhaps a 3rd called the Alliance if BW so desires) I would suspect that there will be a way for the DS players to soon reassert their authority in the Empire or perhaps create a new "Dark Alliance " ??

It should be interesting. I'm personally looking forward to it!

OH ! As for those who interview you (such as the reported we have seen in Hearts and MInds) you can tell them it's Lord Whateveryournameis... Much the same fashion that Minister Lorman did !

:D

Edited by OlBuzzard

inquisitor was one of the only classes where i felt like there needed to be a continuation of the story... the closest we got was extra stuff at the end of rishi...

not having real chapter 4's is still one of the biggest problems with this game... they made the best part of this game free.. it really is like 8 kotors...

I've made some rough calculations in my mind. To appease every class out of eight with unique "sauce" in dialogs we'll need somewhat around 60 lines for a planet arc or whatever, you get it - keep in mind that at least half of them if not more will just take place of stupid flattery for "Commander" we already hear literally from every single key NPC. And also keep in mind that devs don't need to create some new locations for discussing matters at hand instead of Odessen - there is nothing wrong with respective faction fleets depend on player's choice. Especially now, when all who have a problem or two with our definite faction choice are openly leaving.

So, I wanted to ask something. 30 lines of text - it's, like, 20 minutes more in the recording room. I know that BioWare's budget is low, but if they still have money to put up a whole new expansion than it doesn't make sense if they don't have what it takes to do a little bigger work with text and voice.

No more Odessen and no more "Commander" - is it really too much to ask?

The Alliance still Very Much Exists, and Rightfully so, i hate the crap of the Empire vs. Republic, and never want that again. It was right Bioware still is able to keep us in that. However, 1 should not be depraved of one other that another gets right now. I have a Darth Nox, and other Darths, etc.. I think people should be what faction, and whatever name they earned in-game.

It had better be optional if they do 'fix' this. All of my characters are happy to be the alliance Commander. Its who they are now. None of my 'sith' are darkside and none of them are Sith any longer. They certainly aren't Darths or Wraths or anything like it and never really were. If anything, they'd rather join the Jedi but I am pretty sure they would prefer to remain alliance Commanders.

Thing is, We should be able to be who we want, and it should be optional now. My Sith joined the Alliance, and still Commands it, and went against the Sith Empire because the want nothing but War without peace. So, that's why i left the Sith Empire. If they would have not attacked the Jedi for living in peace, and if the Sith Empire really wanted change, the i would have taken albeit a powerful position for that change in the Sith Empire.

But they weren't changing their murderous ways.

If people want to be Darths and Wraths, then that should be an option to.

Edited by MandFlurry

It had better be optional if they do 'fix' this. All of my characters are happy to be the alliance Commander. Its who they are now. None of my 'sith' are darkside and none of them are Sith any longer. They certainly aren't Darths or Wraths or anything like it and never really were. If anything, they'd rather join the Jedi but I am pretty sure they would prefer to remain alliance Commanders.

Thing is, We should be able to be who we want, and it should be optional now. My Sith joined the Alliance, and still Commands it, and went against the Sith Empire because the want nothing but War without peace. So, that's why i left the Sith Empire. If they would have not attacked the Jedi for living in peace, and if the Sith Empire really wanted change, the i would have taken albeit a powerful position for that change in the Sith Empire.

But they weren't changing their murderous ways.

If people want to be Darths and Wraths, then that should be an option to.

IMO this is one of the things I appreciated about the interview by the reporter in Hearts and Minds.

If you remember the interview by the reporter we were allowed to make the distinction between "joining

the Republic" ( L/S for example ) and simply supporting them in the war against the Empire.

Edited by OlBuzzard