Vector Hyllis: Worst Romance Ever

Reluctance

Girl gamer chiming in - there is literally nothing appealing about this guy. He is an ant. He only ever talks about ants, the hive or finding other hives, and if I leave his armor piercing combat stance on then he stands in the storeroom of my ship pumping out a nasty green pheromone cloud.

Whoever wrote this particular romance - why is the only option for a female Imperial Agent a dehumanized bugman? The flirt options are so ridiculously contrived, he sits there nattering away about his ants and all of a sudden I come out with "HOW ABOUT SOME ALONE TIME WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE" and he's all "that would be nice, also THE HIVE IS CALLING ME I HEAR THE SONG OF THE UNIVERSE!"

The whole point of a good romance subplot is the object of your character's affections is meant to have some likable qualities. This dude is repellent, it's like trying to flirt with a rock. A rock covered in ants. I'm keeping up with the romance sub-plot purely because I keep thinking "There's GOT to be something that saves this from being completely awful...right?" and like a car accident, I just can't quite look away.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying romance sub-plots should be lovey-dovey cuddlefests, but this guy kind of makes me throw up in my mouth a bit.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Girl gamer chiming in - there is literally nothing appealing about this guy. He is an ant. He only ever talks about ants, the hive or finding other hives, and if I leave his armor piercing combat stance on then he stands in the storeroom of my ship pumping out a nasty green pheromone cloud.

Whoever wrote this particular romance - why is the only option for a female Imperial Agent a dehumanized bugman? The flirt options are so ridiculously contrived, he sits there nattering away about his ants and all of a sudden I come out with "HOW ABOUT SOME ALONE TIME WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE" and he's all "that would be nice, also THE HIVE IS CALLING ME I HEAR THE SONG OF THE UNIVERSE!"

The whole point of a good romance subplot is the object of your character's affections is meant to have some likable qualities. This dude is repellent, it's like trying to flirt with a rock. A rock covered in ants. I'm keeping up with the romance sub-plot purely because I keep thinking "There's GOT to be something that saves this from being completely awful...right?" and like a car accident, I just can't quite look away.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying romance sub-plots should be lovey-dovey cuddlefests, but this guy kind of makes me throw up in my mouth a bit.

Oh god.....rofl. I wanna see this now.

And with a name like "Vector Hyllis" did you really expect something different?

Edited by Oappo

I LOLd pretty hard at the first paragraph. Hahaahahahaah wow, good writing!

Also I guess that sucks :|

I quite like Kira :)

Please don't. Not every fine guy in the galaxy is a Han Solo. D:

I don't need him to fart lasers and burp rainbows, it'd just be nice if he wasn't, you know, an entity forever connected to a hivemind of ants.

First time I tried to flirt with him he asked me if I would like to rub forearms with him.

I rest my case.

I don't need him to fart lasers and burp rainbows, it'd just be nice if he wasn't, you know, an entity forever connected to a hivemind of ants.

First time I tried to flirt with him he asked me if I would like to rub forearms with him.

I rest my case.

This sounds simply incredible.

Who doesn't want to rub forearms???????????

Maybe something cool happens further down the story and he's a bit more personable and a bit less ant-like.

I rest my case.

You said yes, right?

No, he took the offer back because he was worried that rubbing forearms would not translate from ant to human very well on account of how he is a BUGMAN.

Edit: I think the only thing that'll save it is for him to somehow break away from the hivemind but so far he's gone on a pilgrimage to find MORE bugs (and found them, and took me to an ant party which apparently was a good thing) and is now trying to bring about an Imperial alliance with his buggy friends.

Edited by Reluctance

I rest my case.

Curse Bioware for being creative! And the forearm thing was quoted to me by my friend; she found it adorable. I think you're just looking at all of this the wrong way,especially seeing as...

He's my favorite companion. :D

No, he took the offer back because he was worried that rubbing forearms would not translate from ant to human very well on account of how he is a BUGMAN.

Yeah but isn't that just like any relationship? Both people learn to read the other's signals.

I dunno, it sounds like you're being a bit judgmental. Either that or you're in denial that you love him.

I think the real point is that there aren't enough romance options. Right now there is one per character or something and if you don't like that one, that's it.

Bioware in their other games usually have multiple romance options for your character. So you haveplenty of choice. Also for same gender relationships.

Also, if you play a sith inquisitor, you get 1 female and 4 male companions...where's the balance in that?

I hope more companions will become available in not too long a time, because it's a bit limited at the moment.